DISCUSSION: Tournaments of 2017

Re: DISCUSSION: Tournaments of 2017
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2017, 10:11 AM »
I'm super for the idea of a speed crack shipping tournament. For obvious reasons, I'd prefer it to not be smut?

lol
the way I'm imagining it is that the "romance" part would be a little bit up for interpretation. Like, one contestant could be doing all-out smut while another is doing Jane Austen -esque Victorian romance. No kissing required.

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2017, 12:04 PM »
I'm super for the idea of a speed crack shipping tournament. For obvious reasons, I'd prefer it to not be smut?

lol
the way I'm imagining it is that the "romance" part would be a little bit up for interpretation. Like, one contestant could be doing all-out smut while another is doing Jane Austen -esque Victorian romance. No kissing required.

I suppose we could state wether we're alright with having our character being in fluff, and/or smut at the start of the Tourney.
Obvioulsy the fastest way would be to just go "WELL, DON'T ENTER THE TOURNEY IF YOU DON'T WANT DICKS/VAGS"
But. I feel the point of crackshipping is that everyone has a good time?

Mmm. Just adding ideas to the table.

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Master of Disaster: The Purge

Battle Royale style return of the event where everyone's trying to survive everyone else killing one another.

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2017, 01:41 PM »
There's lots of interesting ideas coming out here, even though many of them we the staff may not pursue ourselves on basis of policy, keep in mind that you are perfectly able to run any of these tournament ideas yourself as unofficial events, just like 2016's Spooky Scarmageddon and Ragnarock

Just give us a heads up and we can work on scheduling, and we can handle setting up the battles for you

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 06:18 PM »
I don't think there's been anything like it, probably because it seems like it'd be hard to pull off, but what about a big team battle? For example with Fred's suggestion of merging Kaiju/Sentai from whenever that was (just read the comment and forgot to check the timestamp lmao) why not have a team  of 3-4 sentai, and 3-4 Kaiju.  Throw the Kaiju against the sentai and fight until only one side remains.

As an example, if all four kaiju kill the sentai in round 1, the kaiju all live.  If the kaiju and sentai kill each other off until there's only one of each, the winner of that match lives.

basically the survivors from the first round go on to fight their enemies and avenge their allies.  It could also be cool to switch up the rounds and go from 1v1 battles to a 2v2, or even if only 1 member is left after one of the rounds, they fight the remaining members of the opposite team in a last-ditch mini-arma style 1 vs the world showdown.

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 02:44 AM »
Return of the Exilees

a tournament with characters who were previously inactive or retired.

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Return of the Exilees

You mean just getting them into any random ass battle situation?

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2017, 12:16 PM »
SHIT POST TOURNAMENT

Every round you have to waste everyone's time with a comic based on some tumblr bullshit

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Return of the Exilees

HELL YES

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2017, 03:05 PM »

Battle Royale style return of the event where everyone's trying to survive everyone else killing one another.

Are Master of Disaster Deathmatches?
I mean, duh, I guess.
I just wanted to confirm, because the concept sounds nice and very attractive, but it's highly unlikely I would participate if there is a risk of my character dying. ^^;
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:08 PM by elge »

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2017, 03:32 PM »

I mean, duh, I guess.
I just wanted to confirm, because the concept sounds nice and very attractive, but it's highly unlikely I would participate if there is a risk of my character dying. ^^;

They are not

we already had a Master of Disaster event once before

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2017, 03:59 PM »
Return of the Exilees

HELL YES

i feel like if people had the time/inclination to battle with their retired characters, they would lol

also Re: Master of Disaster lets have a Hunger Games AU so i can kill all y'all in fantasy

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Return of the Exilees

HELL YES

i feel like if people had the time/inclination to battle with their retired characters, they would lol

also Re: Master of Disaster lets have a Hunger Games AU so i can kill all y'all in fantasy

SHEN
LET ME HOPE, DAMNIT XD

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2017, 09:30 PM »

I mean, duh, I guess.

They are not

we already had a Master of Disaster event once before

We had two! One was Marooned (Being of three Battles in total), and the last one we had was Nuclear Winter (Also three!)
It's basically a themed Battle royale. Anything can happen, but your characters aren't at risk of being scarred or dead

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2017, 05:34 AM »
Return of the Exilees

HELL YES

SHEN
LET ME HOPE, DAMNIT XD

I've been gone for so long, but I'd love to dust off Zedan for this. I need an excuse to come back.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Return of the Exilees

HELL YES

SHEN
LET ME HOPE, DAMNIT XD

I've been gone for so long, but I'd love to dust off Zedan for this. I need an excuse to come back.

YESSSSSS

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

208 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 255.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us