Re: |HOLIDAY COMIC| - HAUNTED MANSION PARTY
« Reply #76 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:43 PM »

I'm working on improving my environments
also sneak peak at Baby inside the environment

« Reply #77 on: Oct 26, 2016, 11:54 AM »
I have now started color coding the list of entrants

Basic black means I currently have no idea if you're still gonna submit or not

Blue means this character's comic is currently in the works and has not yet been sent to me

Green means the comic has been sent and is with the rest of the completed pages

Red means they have cancelled, as far as I know

If you notice something is wrong with your character's status, and/or if you wanna give an update if you haven't, post here or send me a PM or chat message etc.

« Reply #78 on: Oct 27, 2016, 10:12 PM »
*notices all the red* stop dropping out you guys >=(

« Reply #79 on: Oct 29, 2016, 07:20 AM »
currently suffering from excruciating pain due to a double ear infection

The day of submission may be extended (which I guess is just as well, everyone should be out having fun on Halloween)

« Reply #80 on: Oct 29, 2016, 10:23 AM »
Ooowwwch!
Get well soon Pyras 😞

« Reply #81 on: Oct 29, 2016, 12:02 PM »
currently suffering from excruciating pain due to a double ear infection

The day of submission may be extended (which I guess is just as well, everyone should be out having fun on Halloween)
I'm sorry to... EAR THAT , bro

« Reply #82 on: Oct 29, 2016, 02:30 PM »

« Reply #83 on: Oct 29, 2016, 02:44 PM »
So wait this is due what date now?

« Reply #84 on: Oct 30, 2016, 12:31 AM »
Got my pages AND my collab in! Didn't need the ear infection grace period at all! XD

« Reply #85 on: Oct 30, 2016, 02:14 AM »
So wait this is due what date now?
sooner than everyone having fun on halloween thinks >:3

« Reply #86 on: Oct 30, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Deadline is pushed to tomorrow late night

« Reply #87 on: Oct 31, 2016, 10:43 AM »
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY.

« Reply #88 on: Nov 01, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Thank you everyone who participated

It's going to take a bit to get it all organized, and my illness having slowed things down tremendously for the past week. The comic will be uploaded sometime this week. Your patience is greatly appreciated

« Reply #89 on: Nov 04, 2016, 02:17 AM »
Thank you for organizing this, Pyras!

« Reply #90 on: Nov 14, 2016, 09:31 PM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EygrifN8-yOWFtWGNFbzBoUzg/view?usp=sharing

Before we start I just want to clarify this data is by no means a hateful way in which I want to call for the attention of the VOID community. After reading through the Halloween Party comic several times it became rather clear that certain characters continued to pop up in numerous comics. At the same time, it was also very noticeable that several characters never appeared once in any comic other than their own. Furthermore, some artist did not sign up via the participation Google Document yet their comics were included in the overall collaboration.

I am fully aware that there is favoritism in VOID, by that I mean people enjoy and love certain characters more, which is a totally understandable feeling when on a site with some many creative minds to feed off of. I would like to take this time to challenge all artist to be willing and able to experiment with characters outside their normal spheres of fanart/interactions even as background characters. There was a total of 227 cameos for the total of 86 overall comic pages on the official Halloween Party Comic. 52% of the overall cameos went to characters that were drawn 8 or more times, leaving 48% of the characters with 7 or less spotlights. 4% of all characters participating, wither the artist dropped out or otherwise, received not a single cameo.

5% of the cameos, out of 227, went to Lily Feather with 12 appearances in a total of 86 pages. The next highest amount of spotlights, each at 4% of the total cameos, went to Jiko and Louise at 10 cameos. That is roughly a Cameo every ten pages. There numbers also carried over to characters there were not directly mentioned on the participation Google Doc with some as high as 8 cameos with others as low as 1 spotlight.
Once again this was by no means a way to directly target any artist this was just a collection of data done on my own free time out of my own curiosity. What I want everyone to gather from this is to be willing and able to go beyond what you know to help others who are active yet silent feel just as a welcome as those in the chatrooms every day. Thank you for taking the time to listen and tolerate a curious fellow artist.

« Reply #91 on: Nov 19, 2016, 06:56 AM »
could your data be skewed by artist like myself who are still learning and improving on their environments? I was really proud of my work though I only had cameos of three other characters. My pages were, to be perfectly honest, sparse. Lacking. uninspirational in comparison to some others. I would have loved to work in more characters, and in the future I hope to. but it really is a lot of work.

That being said, fan favouritism shouldn't be an issue I think. Though baby had at least 5 cameos (so I might not be one to talk here) it's because his design struck a note with some other users. I see myself as lucky and hope my future characters will be enjoyed to the same degree. But if your design isn't interesting to people, should you force the community to support them? or should you as a creator endeavour to produce more interesting designs?

I feel that void is an incubator for creators, and though I don't believe in hard critique I also don't believe in coddling the artist.

I may have rambled here, does this make sense?

TL:DR could forcing artists to cameo characters they are not drawn to coddle the creators who should be improving their character design skills?

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

426 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 446.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us