Comic Book Character Kills His Author--Feedback welcome!

"Comic book character out to shoot his author. Why? Join #blerd comics fan Jace as he traverses his collection of stories to find out--and figure out how to stop the murder. Together, you'll follow Asian-American superhero Skye and his team of Guardians through the whacky tales that make us love comics and the ugly tropes that make us hate them to answer the all-important question: if your author was responsible for all your mortal suffering, would killing him save your world, or damn your soul?"

Becoming Hero: http://becominghero.ninja/comic

Feedback super-welcome! Once I get better I'd like to participate in some of EnterVoid's cool battles, but for now I'm lurking and learning! Keep posting all your awesome art, people!

Re:
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2016, 02:07 PM »
I've had this page open in a tab all weekend because I really wanted to give you a good welcome to VOID!

I love the concept for this comic! Kind of makes me think of a lot of moral dilemmas and questions we have relating to God or some other kind of higher power over our lives.

As for the art, my biggest gripe is the brush you use to color with. The soft edges are leaving a lot of white space between the colors and your lines, and bleed out beyond the lines in many places. What program do you use to do your art? It would probably look better to use a brush with hard edges and adjust the size so you don't go outside the lines or leave big white spaces between colors and lines. I'd also encourage you to do frequent figure drawing practice if you aren't already doing so. PIXELovely has an amazing tool over at http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/ and they've even added some special hands/feet and facial practice tools.

Other than that, welcome again to VOID, I hope to see more of you, and keep drawing!

<3 Bobo

Re: Comic Book Character Kills His Author--Feedback welcome!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Hey Bobo! Thanks a lot for the practice link! Does it work with my tablet, you think? I do practice with figures, but I can always use more!

I'm using GIMP to do everything, and drawing with the standard brush that it starts on. I suspect the sloppy edges you're talking about are due to my own imprecision more than the brush (I'm just now learning how to draw, and learning to color on top of it is challenging), but I can also use the pencil tool instead, or select harder edges for the brush so it doesn't leave too much space. I like fading out to the edges, so I like how the "soft" brush looks, but if I'm leaving too many blank spaces I should certainly stop that! I'm trying to figure out how I like the colors, and that's taking me a while. Coloring is not fun, I hate it. In the beginning (when I was drawing Skye Origins, last year) I was so lazy I was just dumping color in with the bucket tool, which left a white line around everything, so that's probably also part of the sloppiness you're seeing. Took me a while to figure out to create a new layer under the line layer to color with!

So I'll work on that coloring. Thanks a lot!

(Please feel free to share any recommendations for favorite art you have = P)
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016, 11:30 AM by petr3pan »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

280 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 310.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us