Man Meat

Man Meat
« on: Jun 15, 2016, 01:03 PM »
I realize I have no business considering submitting another character while I have a reboot in process, buuuuuuuuut...I can't help myself! You ever have one of those characters you made kind of on the fly, and they developed themselves slowly, and now they seemed to have engraved themselves deeply into your imaginative brain meats? Well for me, that's this guy:

Whereas most of my characters came from a long background of redevelopment, this guy, name being Ozias Krane, stemmed from a small fandom OC to this...dark history, pretty boy super soldier. I was thinking about the types of characters I don't really see here on Void, and he seemed to fit the bill. Where all the pretty boys at?!

Anyway, while being the shadow of 90s Brad Pitt in Fight Club, and a combination of masculine stereotypes involving quick to rage and arrogance, he's also an emotionally withdrawn mystery man who might win a gal's heart if only he weren't so eager to move on to the next big thing...I know, he sounds insanely original, amirite? But what I think makes Ozias unique to Void is his mostly human foundation. Everything about him stems from having once been entirely human, and so a lot of his internal conflicts are- to a degree- relatable.

It'd be a good way for me to practice varied styles, instead of regularly drawing the dark and grim monster world that Emmelia and Frank come from, no matter how much I will never grow sick of drawing them, which is why they would remain my primaries.

Any opinions? advice? suggestions? (aside from the ones I anticipate which are: STAY FOCUSED!)
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2016, 01:05 PM by InkyBrain »

Re: Man Meat
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2016, 01:23 PM »
follow your heart, draw what drives you! If this guy will help you produce comics, go for it!

we really only have like 4-5 hot guys so the more the merrier

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Wow, dude's hot! Go for it! I seriously wanna see him in Void!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2016, 02:33 PM »
WELL HELLO THERE~

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2016, 04:12 PM »
I personally think that's a pretty nice bio you got for him! Whether it's 'original' or not, the concept itself really depends on how you execute it with this character in comic battles. Almost every idea you can think of has been done in the past, so there's no need to worry whether or not you're character or concept is unique enough to gain interests, just have fun with, do what you think works, and with each comic you make you learn something new in writing and execution. I find his design charismatic personally, and I think by his character alone, he looks versatile to use in almost any setting, which helps a bunch in who you fight in the future. That's about all I can give as a suggestion or advice until I see some more concepts or comic pages done.

Also.

Looking forward to more from you!

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Yes! More pretty boys the merrier!

Definitely want to see what comes of this character.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2016, 04:58 PM »

Ohmaigawsh. These replies, you guys are all so sweet! And fanart already?! My creative heart, she can only take so much! <3

I think I'll really start planning him out, maybe sketch out some test panels to see how I like him. Incidentally, in another intro comic I was working on for Void which I inevitably dropped, there was a character insert who was supposed to look like him, in case I ever considered submitting him as well. Seems like he'll jump right to 2nd instead of 3rd! I'm really happy you guys are interested in the design; he is in fact quite charismatic, and definitely uses that to his advantage.

Thank you as always for the motivation! I'm looking forward to drawing for and with you guys!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2016, 05:03 PM »
WELL Hell-ooo there

I love it and want more

« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Ooooo.....this guy seems really cool so far! Can't wait to see more!!!

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2016, 01:01 PM »
MAN MEAT IS RIGHT OOGA OOGA

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:21 PM »

Already started making the design sheet...BUT I'LL BE DONE WITH EMMELIA AND FRANK'S UPDATED DESIGN SHEET TODAY!

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2016, 12:12 AM »
Oo I really like this. I have a lot of characters and wont be listing all. I really like seeing another character that's human besides mine. Well i think Mam Meat is going to be a very interesting character.I have so many different characters myself um I'm going to get real crazy with my list of characters.

Ok so here I go: Jicaque Madrik, Nexirian Furjaku, Nexikox Furjaku, Bihm Kahone, Hammosh Kahone, Bahn Kahone, Yahnig Kahone, Dahnig Kahone, Rue Kahone, Zahnig Kahone, Gahnig Kahone, Mihg Ayhone, Bahnnik Kahone, Skirk Rias, Dagard Rias, Ilrea Rias, Grouper Rias, Phillip Tego, Jack Moren, Kent Williams, Ruffius Gongenea, Ketore Herran, Fiore Herran, Vale Gavolor, Lurriax Gavolor, Burkax Gavolor, Merlax Gavolor, Mogahnia, Vureln, Beaurnard Ickshnar, Morkel, and I'm just going to stop right there. I could keep going but I don't want to grab all attention to myself because I feel it's kinda rude of me. Each and one of my characters have their own unique personalities to seperate them from one another to not confuse them as the same character drawn slightly different. Once I start to get my own comics, my characters out here things might get interesting. I think I'm a shitty artist and comic booker myself. I wouldn't know what you guys would think of me because I haven't posted any of my characters on here yet.

I do want in the future to see Man Meat in comic panels sooner or later whichever it takes I don't mind. It looks great right now as I can see.

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:01 AM »
haha, fletcher, glad to see you are excited! maybe you ought to start your own Incubator thread and show us your characters!
meanwhile, Inky, keep up the good work, this fine fella already has many fans lined up to f.... to FIGHT him haha XD

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2016, 06:46 AM »
Love that 3rd sketch. Those accessories (boots, belt, gloves) are so fine ;D

I want to know more about his backstory! You say he's a super-soldier, right? does that mean he's part cyborg (which is what the markings make it look like)? did they modify his genes? did it hurt? Who did this to him, and were they doing it for good or for evil? Did Krane agree to the experiments, or was he forced into it? How did he escape? or maybe he didn't and he's still working for his government overlords?

I really hope you get to do some comics with him!

« Reply #14 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Ah yes, it does appear hard to come by humans in any art forum these days, and I'm one of those who persistently makes non-humans until about a couple of years ago...Guess there's something liberating in humans who've come so far and either become monsters, or fight them. It's neat! He wouldn't be going by "Man Meat," though, just to clarify. LOL! I think he'd find that pretty humiliating. Hah!

You guys are so sweet, and definitely urging me to submit him, not that I've already started on a design sheet already or anything.
It'll be nice to alternate between this heavy, dark stuff that is Frank and Emmelia, and a more action-packed, bordering traditional comic-book style that will allow me to live out my man-sona. Is that a thing? I'm totally coining it, if not.

As for his deets and backstory, I'm totally still panning that out, to be completely honest. I've juggled some different ideas, but his premise does have to do with his quote, "I was programmed this way." A little flavor earned from the military, a little from maybe being a cyborg, and also having stemmed from my obsession with TRON. I definitely prefer he be more human than anything else, and always trying his very best to be as not-human as possible, as he views humanity and morals as weaknesses. Despite that, he's got his own moral code. But I'll leave it at that, and the rest potentially unveiled through future battles!

« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:29 PM »
-intensely vibrates in excitement-

« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2016, 06:30 PM »

...I definitely prefer he be more human than anything else, and always trying his very best to be as not-human as possible, as he views humanity and morals as weaknesses...

That's an interesting concept - him actually trying not to be human. It's definitely very different from the direction other characters like this go. Usually they're trying to reclaim their lost humanity or something. It'll be interesting to see how Krane ends up breaking the mold :D

« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Exactly! I'll do my best to convey his character as well as the concept implies.
Also, here's a really sketchy teaser because I can't control myself.

« Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2016, 12:15 AM »
Please fight Gray please fight Gray I want to see Sexy People With Tattoos fight each other (thank god he doesn't have black hair SHEN).

He looks awesome though, and I love your art style! It'll be really cool seeing this guy on the site, more hot dudes are always 10/10 and I'm already super curious about him!

« Reply #19 on: Jun 28, 2016, 12:45 AM »
no no Crow, Gray is gonna fight Frank and Emmelia, GREECE is gonna fight this guy XD
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2016, 12:51 AM by St. Shen »

« Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2016, 04:43 AM »
Shen you can back the fuk up I got this GOSH.

inkybrain that panel, despite being just a sketch, Im super excite bike on how the intro pages will turn out! at the edge of my seat for thiiiiis.

« Reply #21 on: Jun 28, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Please fight Gray please fight Gray I want to see Sexy People With Tattoos fight each other (thank god he doesn't have black hair SHEN).

He looks awesome though, and I love your art style! It'll be really cool seeing this guy on the site, more hot dudes are always 10/10 and I'm already super curious about him!

I'm sure he'll be immersed in ALL the battles once I get him in here! And thank you for the encouragement!

« Reply #22 on: Jun 28, 2016, 10:26 AM »
no no Crow, Gray is gonna fight Frank and Emmelia, GREECE is gonna fight this guy XD

« Reply #23 on: Jun 28, 2016, 10:27 AM »
Shen you can back the fuk up I got this GOSH.

inkybrain that panel, despite being just a sketch, Im super excite bike on how the intro pages will turn out! at the edge of my seat for thiiiiis.

Ahhhhh, thank you so much! I hope I can art up to the hype! I'll put him up to all y'all!

« Reply #24 on: Jun 29, 2016, 07:12 PM »
So I guess this is really happening.

I swear the next artwork I post/submit will be comics.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

248 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 290.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us