My return after coming full circle.

My return after coming full circle.
« on: May 29, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Hello everybody, I've returned. Let's just say I didn't have the best time when I was here first, but I can also say I'm not the same person I used to be. A lotta stuff happened, and I'm finding the image of what I used to hate is what I've become. I have no regrets, only loneliness because this massive shift turned my friends into annoying pests, basically.

But enough of that. I'll try to dig up whatever art that will be suitable for posting. I'm transparent in the fact that I'm an unabashed fetish artist and that like 70% of my work is kink-related, but I won't burden you with that here. It just means I have to scrounge for something acceptable. Trust me when I say I REALLY have to scrounge.

I mostly draw cartoon animals but I really want to make it clear I've practiced humans and can draw them, I just need a bit more reason to.

"Project A" Sample Designs
Here are some designs I have going for a personal project, you probably won't see any of these entered but I liked how many of these came out. Still need a few more but this is most of them.

Aura Phase Chapter 1 (Take 2)
A few years ago I did a chapter of a silly comic I wanted to make, Aura Phase (I chose the name to sound as ridiculous as possible given the subject matter). Then, I did it again--that's this copy. I actually think I want to do it AGAIN, actually, since I think I'd like to become skilled at watercolor. But here's the so-far definitive first chapter.

I understand the theme lends itself to seeming like an obvious "alternatively themed" comic but let me plead and say it's just a dumb idea that shows I can actually get something done when I focus.

I can't stress harder that it's just a generally silly, if oft looked at as "alternative" but I swear up and down it's just the theme of a stupid shonen parody.

Re: My return after coming full circle.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:23 PM »
I really dig your style and your toons! I can also see that you have room for improvement. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing what you can do!!!

Re: My return after coming full circle.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2016, 02:25 PM »
I say whether you want to draw humans or animals, drawing humans from reference, LIVE from a model, not from photos, will make your cartoon style drawings even better. You can do the same with animals, but they probably won't "pose" for you. At least I can never get my cat to sit still when I even try to take a pic of him.

It's really all anatomy and shapes. I find drawing from animal reference gives me more of an understanding later of how human anatomy works, by drawing something that's using roughly the same bones and muscles, but in a different arrangement. Horses are especially hard.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

421 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 449.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us