THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!

Re: THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!
« Reply #275 on: Jun 27, 2016, 09:42 PM »
Everyone double check to make sure your pages are the correct size! we will not be resizing them and if its too wide and breaks the page you will lose points!
1200 is the widest we can do it right?  Also, I just submitted but I didn't see a "send" button.  If it's on that upload screen,is it already submitted?
G-GANBARIMASU!!!  Ikuzo, ganbatte!

« Reply #276 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:06 PM »
AHHH UPLOADED.
I need to manage my time more wisely.

« Reply #277 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:51 PM »
i seriously shoulda started sooner... i procrastinate to a ridiculous degree...
i hope i submitted correctly

« Reply #278 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:52 PM »
im excited to read a ton of comics tomorrow

« Reply #279 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Well I already posted the 2 only comic pages for round 1, I just didn't want to be rude to my fellow opponent. 

Also some of you guys/gals that reply back to my comment your so nice and helpful.. :)

can't wait to see the comic pages from everybody else in the tournament!

« Reply #280 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:03 PM »
All loaded up, at least as much as I could feasibly squeeze out. You ever have a project grow on you until it becomes too unwieldy? yeah, that was this for me. Five pages fucking blossomed into more

« Reply #281 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:10 PM »
Seems like I'm not the only one who finished this comic last minute haha
we all gotta learn how to manage our time better P:

« Reply #282 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:10 PM »
Ah man, I can't wait to a full day of comics to read tomorrow, I'm so excited! Good luck to everyone!

« Reply #283 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:16 PM »
All loaded up, at least as much as I could feasibly squeeze out. You ever have a project grow on you until it becomes too unwieldy? yeah, that was this for me. Five pages fucking blossomed into more
i feel your pain dude, i am real bad at making short things. 14 friken pages

« Reply #284 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:23 PM »

14 pages!? YIKES!

My original scripting was 12, but I crammed it down to 5, and barely had time to finish those. 0.o'
Yeah, that Fox... No, wait, not that one, that other fox... No, that other... You know what, never mind. Gabrial Fox.

« Reply #285 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:24 PM »
if only i wasn't so sick then i would of done more pages and upload them, BUT 14 pages!???
thats a lot of comic pages... can't wait to read it! xD

« Reply #286 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Mine clocked in at 11 and hoo boy did I overestimate my abilities.

« Reply #287 on: Jun 27, 2016, 11:38 PM »

14 pages!? YIKES!

My original scripting was 12, but I crammed it down to 5, and barely had time to finish those. 0.o'
me too!! I'm worried mine was a little too fast paced, but we will see how it goes P:

« Reply #288 on: Jun 28, 2016, 03:40 AM »
Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to read all the comics! *refreshes comics page for next few hours*

« Reply #289 on: Jun 28, 2016, 06:50 AM »
OK!! ROUND 1 IS UP!!

Thanks to almost everyone following the instructions, that was pretty painless to review and post. Thank you to the staff and regular members who helped the invitational people along the way! <3

I also saw a lot of people talking about time management, and just wanted to offer advice for round 2:

Work on the comic EVERY DAY, even if you don't feel like it just start working and you might get into the drawing zone after all.

Make one full pass of pencils, one full pass of inks, one full pass of color. That way, you don't end up with a beautiful page 1 and a bad last page.

LIMIT YOUR PAGES! It can actually be difficult to limit your page count to something so low and still tell a decent story, but making fewer pages that are complete and beautiful is usually better than a bunch of sketchy ones.

Also, try to read and vote on all of the invitational comics if you can this week! Offer constructive criticism and encouragement ;) I'm honestly so proud of the site right now!

« Reply #290 on: Jun 28, 2016, 08:17 AM »
To anyone that gets knocked out of the tournament this round, remember this isn't a death tournament! Your characters are still your's to use so don't be afraid to challenge people on Void and do more comics! :D You can fight characters you wanted to fight in the invitational but couldn't, veterans, newer members, whatever!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #291 on: Jun 28, 2016, 08:38 AM »
So glad to see everyones comics especially my awesome opponents! I'll be sure to try and comment and vote on all the other entries this week c:

« Reply #292 on: Jul 01, 2016, 07:19 PM »
3 days are left to vote and critique on the round 1 invitational comics!

Don't be shy in sharing your 2 cents on everyone's comic!

« Reply #293 on: Jul 05, 2016, 03:50 AM »
Just a reminder that there will be one 3-way battle in the following round, randomly chosen like every other match.

Don't be nervous, a lot of you had more than 2 characters in your comics anyway, you should be able to handle juggling one more.

« Reply #294 on: Jul 05, 2016, 04:26 AM »
for those of you that lost and went out this round, all that means is you are no longer in the tournament! Now you have the option to battle anyone who is available, other newbies who also went out this round or even some vets, so go pick some fights!

« Reply #295 on: Jul 05, 2016, 08:31 AM »
All of the comics were really amazing!!! Tried my best to at least put as many votes in as possible. And everyone who was so kind to share their thoughts with my work- you're the best!! So excited for round 2! Will that be posted tonight? tomorrow?
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2016, 08:43 AM by noiraa »

« Reply #296 on: Jul 05, 2016, 09:37 AM »
Congrats and amazing job everyone on the great comics!! It was such a treat reading all of the wonderful stuff everyone made over the week! I’m sorry I wasn’t able to comment on everyone’s, last week was super busy for me, but I made sure and voted on every one! Good luck to everyone on the next round, whether it’s in the invitational or whoever you’re fighting next! I hope anyone that wasn’t able to make a comic this round grabs a fight too, I’m so excited to see more work from everyone! :D

« Reply #297 on: Jul 05, 2016, 10:30 AM »
OK, some quick news--
my personal computer has been sent to the shop for some repairs, and it's estimated to be done within two weeks.  I don't know how much this is going to effect my participation in the Invitational Tournament, but there's no way I'm gonna default!

But chances are good y'all are gonna get some pencil action from me during the next round.

« Reply #298 on: Jul 05, 2016, 10:56 AM »
But chances are good y'all are gonna get some pencil action from me during the next round.

Get yourself some pens and ink those pages too! Nothing wrong with getting in touch with your traditional side!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #299 on: Jul 05, 2016, 11:22 AM »
Congratulations to everybody that won the first round!!
There were so many Amazing comics! :D
You all did a very wonderful job out there! :)
Well anyways GOOD LUCK to everybody thats still in the tournament!

And for the people that lost on the first round, no need to feel so down about your self. You got to get up, stand tall! xD
 There are a lot of people here that would be happy to do a comic fight with you...i think. 

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

182 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 177.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us