THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!

Re: THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!
« Reply #200 on: Jun 19, 2016, 05:39 AM »
Here's my character! Hope I'm not too late & also I hope i did everything right! Hoping to add more to my visual refs later!

Ji-ho is a young dokkaebi who helps run her family's restaurant/food delivery service, "Monster Meals." She works with her father, mother, older sister and older brother to provide a wide (magically infinite) variety of food. She's the youngest of her family and also the scrappiest. She'd rather be playing tricks on people or napping rather than delivering all kinds of food all over Void City. She finds it super bothersome having to go out and scoot around every day on her moped.

More detailed bio here: http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=2404

You can find my art stuff here: http://dotoriii.tumblr.com/

« Reply #201 on: Jun 19, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Ahhh, I love Ji-ho's design! In fact, all of these monsterfolk I'm seeing look terrific.

« Reply #202 on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:24 PM »
i love ji-ho so much oh geez i hope i get to face you at some point in the tourny!

« Reply #203 on: Jun 19, 2016, 08:23 PM »
Well, I sure have waited 'til the last minute, but here's my entry: http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=2405

I even did a little one-page intro thing, just to see how long it would take me to do a page. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll be able to meet deadlines and such, but I'll do my best :D

« Reply #204 on: Jun 19, 2016, 09:47 PM »
ULTRA last moment, I'm not too late!

Bio:
Once, Kay was a lovely young woman. But now she's a kind of dirty trumpeter swan.
She's made her way to Void city in order to look for a way to restore her humanity. She'll try to use any magical object she can get her beak on.

« Reply #205 on: Jun 19, 2016, 10:02 PM »
yay! you submitted!

« Reply #206 on: Jun 19, 2016, 11:17 PM »

by Mountain time standards I'm ten minutes late >w>
Here's Jacques, real name Ajdaja Lechner, a douchebag with a lot of money and a lot of bloodlust.

« Reply #207 on: Jun 19, 2016, 11:57 PM »

Haha oh jeez this is so late it isn't even funny???? But anyway this is Mako, her whole deal is that she's the daughter of Death.

Basically she's always carrying this big as heck cloth rapped Thing on her back and no one really knows why, but since not telling you defeats the purpose of a bio I'll tell you! Wrapped within the many layers of cloth is an old sword most commonly called the Midnight Blade, similar in style to a katana. As the daughter of Death it is by rights her inheritance. However Mako has not always been the most responsible or capable daughter to Death himself and her father has deemed her "unworthy" to wield this blade. Naturally rebellious, Mako refused to be denied what is rightfully hers, so she stole the blade and escaped Death's domain.

The thing is though, the Midnight Blade is truly an unbelievably powerful weapon and her father didn't deem her unworthy of wielding it without good reason. You see Mako can't even wield the blade with out it's cloth wrappings, which magically seal and contain it's power. At best she can release the outermost wrappings and use the sword with only the blade covered, but even that is dangerous and on the verge of being beyond her abilities. Mako is determined though, and has sworn to master this sword, in spite of what her father has said. This is why she stole it and fled, because she needed to prove to Death, and to herself, that she was capable of using this sword to its fullest power.

So since she can't really use the sword itself all that well, she gets a little creative with her combat. The cloths that seal the swords power are of course enchanted and as the inheritor of the sword she can control them at will. She will often pull off strips of cloth to defend from and deflect attacks (they're magic, so y'know, pretty strong/durable). She'll even use them offensively, and will also swing around her sword "sheath" to knock the crap out of enemies.

So to 'wrap up' (get it?? haha... sorry it's late) Mako is a fairly cynical and rebellious young women, but she also has a strong and honest determination in her to accomplish something. And now without anywhere else to go she's now taking refuge in the only place she can find, Void City, hoping to remain hidden from her father, if that's even possible.

My not super impressive tumblr http://eyesoneverysurface.tumblr.com/

« Reply #208 on: Jun 19, 2016, 11:58 PM »
Please submit through the site as well!

« Reply #209 on: Jun 20, 2016, 12:09 AM »
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS FOR SIGNING UP! PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE SORT OUT THE ENTRANTS AND POST THE FIRST ROUND OF THE INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT.

« Reply #210 on: Jun 20, 2016, 08:08 AM »
the time has come...
boo

« Reply #211 on: Jun 20, 2016, 08:29 AM »
The matches might not be up until later tonight. Thanks for being patient!

« Reply #212 on: Jun 20, 2016, 09:25 AM »
I refuse to wait!  I will fight everybody!

« Reply #213 on: Jun 20, 2016, 09:44 AM »
BRING IT ON!!!!!

ohgodimsorrydonthurtme

« Reply #214 on: Jun 20, 2016, 10:10 AM »
I NEED BLOOD
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #215 on: Jun 20, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Hi!! Will we receive an email notification about pairings? Will it be on a seperate forum? I just want to make sure I'm checking out the right places for the update/ pairings.

Thank you!

« Reply #216 on: Jun 20, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Hi!! Will we receive an email notification about pairings? Will it be on a seperate forum? I just want to make sure I'm checking out the right places for the update/ pairings.

Thank you!

The pairings will all be posted on the comic page http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=comics
We will also post here when the first round is up!

« Reply #217 on: Jun 20, 2016, 01:23 PM »
I've been poking around, but I can't seem find anything... What is the form of this tourney? Is its single elimination? double elimination? Are we working in heats? Scaled points in an elimination series?

I guess what I'm wondering is, are half of us guaranteed to have just one round before elimination, or is there a minimum best-of-X to plan for?

Cheers!
Yeah, that Fox... No, wait, not that one, that other fox... No, that other... You know what, never mind. Gabrial Fox.

« Reply #218 on: Jun 20, 2016, 01:58 PM »
My Body is Ready!

« Reply #219 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:06 PM »
What is the form of this tourney? Is its single elimination? double elimination? Are we working in heats? Scaled points in an elimination series?

I guess what I'm wondering is, are half of us guaranteed to have just one round before elimination, or is there a minimum best-of-X to plan for?

one-on-one* single elimination, randomized bracket each round~

*We currently have 54 contestants, so unless we get double-disqualifications, expect a 3-way in round 2, round 3, and the final round

what this means is that come round 2 if there are no double-disqualifications that set us at an even number, 3 members will be randomly selected to be a 3-way battle instead of 1v1. The winner of that 3-way progresses to the next round normally. This isn't a guaranteed thing, keep in mind: Since there are so many contestants participating the chance of at least one double disqualification is likely. People get busy, people forget, etc. We'll be continuing to adapt the rounds based on who's left after each but just be aware of the possibility of a 3-for-all (there is a very high chance that at least the final round will be one of these)

Also remember, Even if you're eliminated doesn't mean your time in Void has to end. This community makes comics and battles with each other outside of tournaments, and can be set up at any time. So even if you're out in Round 1, there's a ton of more comic battling you can do at any time with anyone who will accept your challenge~

« Reply #220 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:43 PM »
IF YOU'RE OUT ROUND ONE, I WILL BE COMING FOR YOU MWAHAHAHAHAH

« Reply #221 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:46 PM »
I second this notion! :D Anyone looking to rumble if they get knocked outta the tournament is someone I wanna tussle with

« Reply #222 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Also willing to battle someone when this tourney starts thinning out.

« Reply #223 on: Jun 20, 2016, 03:25 PM »
As a participant I am willing to battle others after I win first place. :V

« Reply #224 on: Jun 20, 2016, 03:30 PM »
THATS THE SPIRIT lol!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

534 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us