THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!

Re: THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!
« Reply #175 on: Jun 16, 2016, 10:45 PM »
yeah dude you can absolutely submit traditional! Everyone should know, if you just couldnt finish, its better to submit anything at all than to default, no one likes to be defaulted on, so do your best, but if life throws a curveball at you, just give us what you can!

« Reply #176 on: Jun 16, 2016, 11:23 PM »
(Have I dun the submission good?)

Yup, you posted on the thread, Just submit through the site as well and you should be good to go! If you need help on that, this tutorial should help you out!

« Reply #177 on: Jun 17, 2016, 04:53 AM »
Finally got around to posting this. Sorry for the wait.

« Reply #178 on: Jun 17, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Tragedy has struck and I'm stuck without my computer :*(

Can I submit scanned pencil pages?  (I don't want to duck out of the tournament)

I wanted to color the comic but I kinda have a problem coloring on originals (personal issue, I guess).  Sorry for the future drop in quality as I save up for a few new computer pieces destroyed by a storm.
You can totally do pencils, and if you still want to attempt to color, you can always go to kinkos or somewhere and photocopy your inks/pencils, and color on those!

« Reply #179 on: Jun 17, 2016, 10:20 AM »
I'm a boob and felt weird about only having a tiny little blurb for Mol's bio on here, so I updated it to be what I actually submitted outside the forum. Hope that's okay. :c

« Reply #180 on: Jun 17, 2016, 10:32 AM »
I'm a boob and felt weird about only having a tiny little blurb for Mol's bio on here, so I updated it to be what I actually submitted outside the forum. Hope that's okay. :c

That should be really helpful, thank you for doing that!

Remember, guys, fighting a new character is always the hardest because you don't have earlier comics to help you learn about their personality/fighting style/etc. So when matchups go out, remember that you can totally talk to the person you're fighting and ask questions; just because you're competing, doesn't mean you can't help each other out and have fun together!

« Reply #181 on: Jun 17, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Alright, Okay, I'm here finally. I have missed this tournament so many times, but this time I'm here with this dork in tow:
Click Lyric-

also here's my art page for you curious souls- http://technicolor-yawn.deviantart.com/

here's his character page as well-http://entervoid.com/character/2395
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016, 08:49 PM by Technicolor-yawn »

« Reply #182 on: Jun 17, 2016, 03:11 PM »
shit shit shit I need to battle you too goshdang

« Reply #183 on: Jun 17, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Tragedy has struck and I'm stuck without my computer :*(

Can I submit scanned pencil pages?  (I don't want to duck out of the tournament)

I wanted to color the comic but I kinda have a problem coloring on originals (personal issue, I guess).  Sorry for the future drop in quality as I save up for a few new computer pieces destroyed by a storm.
You can totally do pencils, and if you still want to attempt to color, you can always go to kinkos or somewhere and photocopy your inks/pencils, and color on those!

Thanks for the tip!  Slight update:  Bought new parts because I really need my computer to work.  Need a surge protector and that's it.  So, I may not have to do pencils (but who knows what my future holds).

Alright, Okay, I'm here finally. I have missed this tournament so many times, but this time I'm here with this dork in tow:
Clic Lyric-

I REALLY like the energy of this piece!
G-GANBARIMASU!!!  Ikuzo, ganbatte!

« Reply #184 on: Jun 17, 2016, 08:22 PM »
Clic Lyric-

also here's my art page for you curious souls- http://technicolor-yawn.deviantart.com/
I got a soft spot for gun slinging rabbits.
-will add to hitlist-

« Reply #185 on: Jun 17, 2016, 10:41 PM »

-Proof I can sorta draw!-
http://oberongoatsketchbook.tumblr.com

-Bio!-

Void City's newest wanna be super hero is here!!

6 months ago, Lawson woke up in Void City park with no memories. He soon discovered he had the ability to run incredibly fast. His average speed is roughly 200 MPH, but he has pushed himself to 500. Currently Lawson is living in the basement of a local arcade called The Void Zone.

Not long after waking up and discovering his newfound power, Lawson saw the city saved by the Danger Rangers and instantly began to idolize them. A day or two later he decided he too would protect the city from danger, and began using his speed to fight crime and what not. His current dream is to be "discovered" by the Danger Rangers.

Oddly, he's in no real hurry to get his memories back. He figures it will come back in time and has resigned himself to just take things one day at a time.

He's very laid back and loves to run his mouth, spouting bad jokes and one liners. He's very excitable and is the type to "geek out".

The blue part of his hair appears to be permanant, as it hasn't grown out yet.

-Powers-
Super Speed: On average, runs at 200 MPH, but has pushed himself to 500. He's entirely capable of running much faster.
Reinforced body: His body appears to be designed to absorb enormous impact. His bones are extra dense and his skin and muscles are resistant to cuts and tears.

-Weaknesses-
Literally can't swim, his extra dense bones cause him to sink like a rock.
When he does sustain an injury, it takes longer to heal than normal people.
Loves dad jokes.

« Reply #186 on: Jun 17, 2016, 10:44 PM »
YES ITS LAWSON I BEEN WAITING YEAH!!!

« Reply #187 on: Jun 18, 2016, 01:31 AM »
All 43 entrants have submitted their entries correctly!

If anyone's thinking of joining, do so soon! Sunday Night is our cut off time, and Monday starts our first round!

« Reply #188 on: Jun 18, 2016, 10:01 AM »

Howdy, here's my OC pal Potho, the color demon. And here's his bio link ->http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=2398
And my Tumblr link ->http://maroo-art.tumblr.com/
Can't wait to get started!

« Reply #189 on: Jun 18, 2016, 12:26 PM »

Kepi the Scrapper

My deviantart is over 4 years old, but here you go:
http://tirie.deviantart.com/
Also newer, but not comics:
http://sta.sh/02d1u3w3m2op
http://sta.sh/02c7hztw68qs
http://sta.sh/017yqqfn8jiq

« Reply #190 on: Jun 18, 2016, 01:39 PM »

This is Barrows he's my banshee kiddo you can see his info here and a reference of my art here

« Reply #191 on: Jun 18, 2016, 01:45 PM »

This is Barrows he's my banshee kiddo you can see his info here and a reference of my art here

OH MY GOD!!! All these entrants are so awesome! But I'm loving me some Banshee Boy!!

« Reply #192 on: Jun 18, 2016, 06:11 PM »
THE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO SUBMIT THROUGH THE SITE OR THE THREAD, PLEASE DO SO ASAP!

« Reply #193 on: Jun 18, 2016, 08:13 PM »

Tried getting these guys through the manager must still be in aproval cause they be not in the index as editable? Just got an entry successful message!oD

Looks like Funzies to be had:) good luck to all who get involved:)

Riverbottum, & Silt have entered the Voidiverse through the sewers of the City. They aim to be the best rock-skippers around. From the streams high up on Mount Moo... they abhore giardia. Though they do have a soft spot for cows. They like to take over swimming pools, and offer mud makeovers to the common folks. Their makeover estuaries can make elders into middle aged wonders. And young people into babbling babies. People where they are from do not believe they exist. They have come to Void to find recognition that they exist. They are elementals(a golem, and a sylph nymph). They are environmentally concious, and love frogs alot. People will find lots of frogs burping out their ribbits where ever they set down to bubbling in their transformed ponds. They didn't like having to use the sewers to get into void, Riverbottom already stinks enough as it is! Silt leaves a trail of clear freshwater puddles for foot prints. And Riverbottom leaves scaterings of sandstone. They are kind of like a pair of squatters that are sort of the same being, with different aspects of a dicotomous personality.

Hope any spelling errors are correctable? Anywho's that's all I gots for now, thanks for reading!o)
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 08:44 PM by spidermonkey »

« Reply #194 on: Jun 18, 2016, 09:51 PM »
Hi everyone

It's me again. I made the char Wren once upon a time not too long ago. For this invitational I brought a new contender, though.

Meet...

Dawa

Dawa is an ancient bear spirit that was once a human shaman in what is now the border of Mongolia and Russia. Legend has it that Dawa earned her bear form after sacrificing herself for a righteous leader. The bear spirit that was guiding her to the afterlife instead gave her his immortal life instead so that she may continue to be a mighty warrior for noble causes in the world. That is what she did for many years until she disappeared one day, never to be seen again by those who knew her.

Now, many centuries later, she lives in Void City making money as a fortune teller. Her new aim is to spawn many noble werebabies so that they can carry on her legacy the day she finally disappears from this world for good.

Dawa can transform into her bear form at will. She is gifted with various psychic abilities, as well, including telepathy, enhanced memory, clairvoyance, aura reading, hypnosis, telekinesis, astral projection, psychic energy manipulation and psychic constructs. She can also alter her own physical mass to be tangible or not, and she can teleport as far as her vision allows.

Her personality is vibrant. Her free-spirited nature keeps her from holding anything back. She is mostly happy and energetic but if she's sad or angry, it will be very plain to those around her. Other words to describe her are self-assured, intuitive, maternal, and fierce.

Who, me?

« Reply #195 on: Jun 18, 2016, 10:03 PM »

Dave becomes Deathwish, because he wishes he was dead and is ashamed. He can't bring himself to kill himself so he hopes you'll do it for him.

markhartmanart.com
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 10:06 PM by SloppyBottom »

« Reply #196 on: Jun 18, 2016, 10:33 PM »
AHH!  D:
I have some questions before the 1st round starts!!  OAO
How big does each of the comic pages have to be, like what is the size?
Does the comic pages have to be in colors or can it be in black and white?
Is the 1st round only 3 comic pages or can i do more than that?
Where do I post the comic pages?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, i'm kind of new here... xD

« Reply #197 on: Jun 18, 2016, 11:13 PM »
AHH!  D:
I have some questions before the 1st round starts!!  OAO
How big does each of the comic pages have to be, like what is the size?
Does the comic pages have to be in colors or can it be in black and white?
Is the 1st round only 3 comic pages or can i do more than that?
Where do I post the comic pages?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, i'm kind of new here... xD

1. Pages should be somewhere around 800 to 1000px wide, sometimes there are exceptions for certain pages but this is usually what people do.
2. It can be Black and White or colored, whatever you want to do.
3. Make at least 3 pages, but you're more than welcome to do more.
4. There's a submit option on the site, which you can access from the page of an active battle. There's also an alert on the notifications tab (bell button on top right) for submitting when a battle is almost due.

No worries about being new, asking questions is a good thing.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 11:22 PM by Syraxis »

« Reply #198 on: Jun 19, 2016, 01:39 AM »
so this is definitely my worst question yet, how do i know when i've been challenged? will i be sent a notification? And also in the comic i have free reign to do whatever story i want? thanks!

« Reply #199 on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:01 AM »
When the tournament starts, which is Monday, you'll need to go to the 'comics' section to see who you've been paired up with.
OUTSIDE of tournaments, when you have been challenged, you'll receive a PM and email notifying you.

And yes, Though the 'default' setting for entervoid is Void City, artists can make up whatever setting and story they want, so it doesn't have to take place in a city, it can take place where ever you like, however you like, when ever you like!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

310 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us