THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!

Re: THE VOID INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT 2016!
« Reply #100 on: Jun 09, 2016, 01:04 PM »
This time the site didn't crash, hell yeah, but I didn't get a little green prompt box? So I'll just assume it went through since I was sent back to the main character creation section! If not I'll figure something out.

First thing I would do is check to see how large your image files are. What is the file size of your design sheet? If your files are too large the uploader might reject it.
It also doesn't like when you use any special characters in the text, like letters with accent marks.

Hello! Finally it worked! I tired resizing the overall design sheet and that was the issue :D Sorry for all the hassle and thanks for all the help!

« Reply #101 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:00 AM »
Hello! I would like to submit my character for this. If I did anything wrong please tell me kindly; I'm very new to this.

Carter

Powers/Abilities:
- Teleporting. Teleports to any previously visited location, as well as short distances. Must be in contact with other things if he wishes to take them with him.
- Switch. Related to his main power, this allows Carter to switch positions/locations with something he can see. An example would be swapping places with a bird landing on a tree branch when he is somehow airborne.
Personality:
Carter has an aggressive temper when he's not moping around. He is pessimistic and seems to enjoy dark humor. He doesn't exactly have a heart of gold hidden deep inside but while he can be abrasive, he is never cruel and draws a thick line at harming children. He has a not-very-hidden thirst for justice, hence why he worked to become a vigilante.

My deviantArt is here: http://dropsofluna.deviantart.com/
It is not very active though, because I rarely upload my drawings, which is probably bad on my part. Ehehe.

EDIT: Added a more complete bio.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016, 02:08 AM by ofthegoodnight »

« Reply #102 on: Jun 10, 2016, 01:38 AM »
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got my character sheet done

I'd like to submit my character Bot.

nevermind on this one, im going to do somthing else (sorry)

Bot. is a prototype security robot that was given human emotions. however after he gained emotions an incident caused his code to become corrupted making many of his emotions run out of control randomly.

mah tumblr for my art stuffs http://themanwhoplantedswag.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2016, 12:37 PM by The Man Who Planted Swag »

« Reply #103 on: Jun 10, 2016, 07:05 AM »
AAAAA I took too long and lost my chance to be Colorado's first fight! XD IM STILL HAVIN A PIECE OF YOU, DUMORTE!

THERE'S PLENTY TO GO AROUND! JUST BRING IT! lol

« Reply #104 on: Jun 10, 2016, 08:54 AM »
Hi!

This is my first time ever doing something like this, I'll do my best! It was also a while ago I used a forum so preemtive apology for any mistakes.

This is Mygg. She's a spirit-like creature who likes to follow humans around occasionaly being claimed to be a pet just by approximation of a cute furry creature near a human habitat. However with needle sharp claws, a bite and a mood to match a honey badger makes whatever person who takes a liking to her cute and cuddly appearance to change their minds the second they try to pet her. The humans she follows around also seem to lose their strength and breath after a prolonged visit from Mygg. Probably because she absorbs their soul or in some cases life energy for sustenance. It takes about an hour if she's really hungry for her to totally bleed, so to speak, a person dry. Usually she sticks around for a couple of days to savour the taste.

Mygg is animal like but with a mind of her own. She understands human language and speaks it too albeit very rarely. Often to complain about how terrible a person is if he or she attempts to physically interract with her.

Her movements are elegant, mostly tripping around on her tiptoes like a ballerina and sashaying around corners to dissappear from sight. Her fighting style is far from elegant. All teeth, claws and furry fury. Mygg is incredibly fast and if she's hungry she might even attack first.

« Reply #105 on: Jun 10, 2016, 10:15 AM »

Bot. is a prototype security robot that was given human emotions. however after he gained emotions an incident caused his code to become corrupted making many of his emotions run out of control randomly.

yoooo i really like how this guy looks! i'm assuming the design was inspired by Fooly Cooly Anime? I like yours better ;)

« Reply #106 on: Jun 10, 2016, 11:08 AM »

This is literally just the robot from FLCL with minor tweaks and a color change. There are too many similarities between the two to make this an original OC in my viewpoint. The black lines on the wrists, the facial screen, the torso shape and exhaust ports, the groin, its all similarly shaped from Canti's design with the same placements. I saw this character and I honestly thought this was Canti. 
When people submit characters to VOID I really do want to see honest to god original characters. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I do believe I have a say as part of the community. You can't just color Pikachu purple and give it stars on its cheeks and call it original. If this has gotten past the acceptance crew, I really hope it's personality is something I've never seen before.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2016, 11:12 AM by Julz »

« Reply #107 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:03 PM »

yoooo i really like how this guy looks! i'm assuming the design was inspired by Fooly Cooly Anime? I like yours better ;)

ayyyyyy, ya its inspired by FLCL. recently saw it and instantly fell in love. Haruko is my girl

« Reply #108 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:20 PM »
[member=22005]MoiHemmo[/member] and [member=22016]ofthegoodnight[/member]
I now will proceed to marry both your characters. I will love them lots and we will be very happy.

[member=22022]The Man Who Planted Swag[/member]
I agree with Dumorte that your design is much more stylized than the original one, but I kinda also have to agree with Julz, altho I am not really surprised by the FLCL reference (I've seen tons of those monitor heads around lately XD) but because, checking your Tumblr account? Like, dude! You have so many awesome OC designs in there! Like Lucy the angel! I would rather a million times see one of these in action! But, that's just me!

« Reply #109 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:34 PM »
ya, i can see where all the criticism is coming from. I personally didnt feel like my robot design was that much like the FLCL one outside of the monitor head. (but then again i never really do mecca soooooooo)

I guess ill try entering another character. i still really wanna join this

« Reply #110 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:38 PM »
-whispers "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, Lucy" to your ear-
I MEAN yeah, mecha are hard. You can't design one without it bearing resemblance to something already existing anymore! And if you try too hard to make a totally original design, you end up with... a mess in my experience XD

« Reply #111 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:50 PM »
the man who planted swag: I saw your tumblr and you have alot of amazing stuff!! I am most interested in seeing your own personality shine through your art. I look forward to seeing you battle in the invitational :D

« Reply #112 on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:55 PM »
-whispers "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, Lucy" to your ear-
I MEAN yeah, mecha are hard. You can't design one without it bearing resemblance to something already existing anymore! And if you try too hard to make a totally original design, you end up with... a mess in my experience XD
haha idk how well Lucy would work as a main character, she is pretty unlikable at the start, and made as more of a side character.

« Reply #113 on: Jun 10, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Time to finally get started.

Terminal (AKA Gil) is a hacker taking on the world.
http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=2376

« Reply #114 on: Jun 10, 2016, 01:37 PM »
sweet another Korean~

« Reply #115 on: Jun 10, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Hello! I would like to submit my character for this. If I did anything wrong please tell me kindly; I'm very new to this.

Carter is a superhuman vigilante with the power to teleport. He is usually kind of grumpy and abrasive but he likes justice, so he became a vigilante to take matters into his own hands.

Oh, I love him! What a cutie!

« Reply #116 on: Jun 10, 2016, 03:57 PM »
Stupid excuses Reasons I disappeared from void:
1) Death in the family
2) Death of a computer hard-drive and loss of work.

Excuses not to jump into here when I already have a completed sheet and bio? None!

BIO:
Name: Serephina Lynch (not common knowledge)
Other names: The Gold Witch, The Cat-mask theif, bitch
Bio: Trapped in another dimension with her only access being through a cat mask that takes over and converts the bodies of anyone who puts it on to her own. Sere is mercurial and unpredictable, and just as likely to be a harmless annoyance as a deadly killer. She's easily bored and almost certainly addicted to adrenaline, but has an extreme soft spot for small children. She's become the most recent mass thief in Void city, amassing gold compulsively and in as large quantities as possible for unknown purposes. Her favorite past-time is harassing random strangers and takes particular fun grossing them out with her contortion abilities and generally being a discomfort. She seems unable or unwilling to speak very much, and generally only does so for the greatest of emphasis and in single small words, but is very expressive and willing to communicate with body language.
Powers:
- Mask (Who she refers to like a person simply named Cat) takes over bodies, can make short jumps unprovoked and move on its own a little but pretty much must be near someone.
---- Its hold can be disrupted by a firm hit to the center of it's forehead (the dot is a good place to aim,) but good luck hitting her.
---- Sere can choose to keep the original body if she finds it particularly useful, usually due to supernatural abilities or skills, but does so rarely. It's easier to disrupt her hold like this and host may have vague memories of what she was doing.
---- Damage does not carry over to either Sere's form or her host's unless she has chosen not to remodel the body into her own. Sere's body is essentially new each time unless an attack can reach her true form in another dimension through the connection somehow. Psychic attacks are dampened generally due to distance, but effective on the true Sere.
- Telekinetic control over Gold, which can also fuel more complex spells and magic that you might see in a more traditional spell-caster, but she seems extremely reluctant waste any doing so.
- Can lengthen/broaden her sleeves and use them like tentacles
- Insane acrobatic ability
- Reaction times nearing precognition
- A disturbing amount of full-body flexibility.
- Very good with knives and fond of them over other weapons, though not dependent on them alone.

Wheeee
Edit: Here's my art tumblr, here's my DA
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2016, 04:02 PM by Inksword »

« Reply #117 on: Jun 10, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Here we go yo,

Caith (name meaning from the battle field) is my ever nonchalant and caring main character.

caith was raised on a farm for most of his life by his mother, not remembering his past but of course not knowing he doesnt remember. One day his mother is killed and the entire village is destroyed. He sees a shadowy figure grab for him and carries a sword but he runs away grabbing her sword and runs away. (wont see her for a while) He soon goes into the military where his mary sue nature makes him rise in rank and he is elected to be a government official at 16, but when he sees the control the government has he runs away.

caith is a strong, confident, caring person who is also vain, selfish, and sarcastic. he doesnt bother to hang out with people who are rude towards others and if people are hurt for who they are you better believe this boys gon kik yo ass. Caith takes care of the people who are less fortunate then him who have been hurt by the system, he realizes he has privilege in his country from being a mage. He protects the people and helps them by doing odd jobs, like babysitting, farming, doctor care and healing, and general charms and enchantments.

Caith can use magic but to an extent. the magic in this world is not all explosions, fire, and things. its more complicated, realistic and human. If you;ve ever seen Howl's Moving Castle, the magic is like that kind of magic, simple but mystical.
caith is also an expert at sword combat, hand to hand combat, interrogation, stealth, and general sarcasm.

also in the character sheet i made a mistake, his shirt isnt tan its white, like a creme color, or a cotton color.

he summons his sword by clapping and pulling his sword (like a sword from a sheath) from nothing.

he wears black combat boots, scuffed at the tips
he has a mole on his left upper cheek but its almost always covered by his hair.
has black stud earrings on both ears.
under his coat, his pants have a leather flap, and suspenders.   

also here is my art tumblr http://spontaneous-doodles.tumblr.com/

« Reply #118 on: Jun 10, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Here we go yo,
Caith (name meaning from the battle field) is my ever nonchalant and caring main character.

Oh help I'm a sucker for swords. I like him, he looks cool!

« Reply #119 on: Jun 10, 2016, 09:20 PM »
ayyyyyyyyyyyy for realzy this time
I'd like to submit Jeanna

Jeanna is a young 16 year old hybrid alien girl. Her mother was human and father an alien. However her parents both died when she was just a baby an so she ended up being raised by her fathers best friend who is an bounty hunter. Jeanna would often tag along with her foster father when he would hunt, and she often helped him catch the criminals.

Dispite being raised as a bounty hunter, Jeanna is very spoiled. She will often throw fits when she doesn't get what she wants. Jenna has a crazy sweet tooth, she always is eating candy. Especially lollipops, she tries to mimic her foster father who smokes but with lollipops. Jeanna has a strong scene of justice, and cant stand when she sees people being breaking the law, so she will take the law into her own hands.

Jeanna has super strength, thick skin, and can shoot lazer beams from her mouth. Her super strength coupled with the fact that jeanna weighs very little allows her to move faster than normal people can and jump ridiculous heights.

tumblr again http://themanwhoplantedswag.tumblr.com/

« Reply #120 on: Jun 10, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Oh hey I was just about to respond until you posted! Added to the list!

Fukur0 and oncbtime, dont forget to post on this thread about your character as well!

« Reply #121 on: Jun 10, 2016, 09:34 PM »
*excited noises intensify*

« Reply #122 on: Jun 11, 2016, 12:41 AM »
We reached over 24 entries, but don't be afraid to sign up guys, we're still accepting more entries, and there's really no max. number of people to begin with! The more the merrier!

« Reply #123 on: Jun 11, 2016, 07:29 AM »
HOLY MOSES, MATE! She is amazing!

« Reply #124 on: Jun 11, 2016, 10:52 AM »
HOLY MOSES, MATE! She is amazing!

*blushes*

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

542 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us