Lucha! Lucha! Lucha!

Re: Lucha! Lucha! Lucha!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2016, 05:50 PM »
been working on intro comic. page 2,3,4 in pencil. I keep fixing things are i learn from all yall's feedback! :D
Wanted to update on the intro.

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

« Reply #51 on: Mar 06, 2016, 07:48 PM »
page 5

« Reply #52 on: Mar 07, 2016, 12:24 AM »
the intro comic is only 4 pages max, sir!

If you absolutely need to, you can stack a page or two, but see if you can tell your little prologue story in 4 pages.

You can probably take out page 4, from what I can tell from the images, he stumbles into a gym when he's young and a luchador decides to train him, established by page 3. And page 4 is his first lesson?

You can just skip from 3 back to 5, the present time, once he's been taken up by a luchador teacher, the rest is history really.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2016, 12:26 AM by PyrasTerran »

« Reply #53 on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:45 AM »
ahhh didnt know on the 4 page limit! thanks man.

Basically it's, present time, reminisce, back to present, enter void city.

Yeah I'll see what I can do here.

« Reply #54 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:14 AM »
so messing with Paint at work (haha) ive narrowed it down to the following pages. keep in mind none of these are finished.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

in the last ones i can add what i was planning the next page to be. hopefully. haha.

« Reply #55 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:12 PM »

and with this page i finish the rough sketches of my intro comic

« Reply #56 on: Mar 14, 2016, 07:34 AM »
Wanted to update the status of the comic.
I have inked all pages and have begun coloring. I stopped posting the pics here because I dont want to spoil the intro comic :P
But, it's coming along well. I should probably have it done by the end of the week! My plan was to have it done by yesterday but as I began coloring and adding chat bubbles, I found some mistakes in the inking and unfinished pieces that i had overlooked.

Also, I have updated the bio: (updated 3/15)

Name: Tito Generico
Luchador Name: El Codorniz Colorado (The Red Quail)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 220 lbs.

Friendly, sociable, at times oblivious and happily ignorant, Tito finds little to complain about. Not even the condition (Hypermobility Syndrome) he was born with.
As a child, his escape from reality was watching wrestling on television and in person. It was love at first sight. So much so that it became an unhealthy obsession (with psychological effects) and a life goal to become a wrestler. At age 22, the dream had finally come true.

Tito was vigorously trained by Mexican Luchadores for 5 years during which he was a fan-favorite jobber (wrestler who routinely loses).  Even so, he still doesn’t understand a word of Spanish. In fact, he is under the impression that his luchador name, given by his first promoter, means The Silver Hawk. He is very proud of it.

As a wrestler with immeasurable resilience, exceptional durability, and hypermobility, he quickly became the go-to Jobber in the wrestling industry. He is particularly proud of his glorious man-bun and had a luchador mask specifically crafted to house the beautiful bun and leave it unscathed after every match. Due to the mask's unusual shape, and his unearthly pain-tolerance leaving his body nice and red after almost every single match, he earned the work name El Codorniz Colorado.

He sports a “LUCHA” tattoo across his right shoulder which is the symbol of a prestigious Lucha Guild. Luchadores Unidos Con Honor y Amistad (Luchadores United Coinciding with Honor and Amity).

Non-Recorded Psychological Evaluation:
•   Perceives the world as a giant wrestling arena.
•   Tends to see those he focuses on as a luchadores. (Mostly noticeable during confrontations.)
•   Rarely removes mask. Claims that it is part of him.

Mask Anatomy:
•   Yellow symbolizes immortality, optimism and cheerfulness.
•   Blue/Turquoise symbolizes loyalty, integrity, and clarity of mind (ironic?)
•   The colors also represent the California quail.
•   Conical Cap symbolizes the quail’s plume (and houses Tito’s man-bun)
•   Trim: Bird-like features that symbolize the quail.

“When I put on the mask, I'm transformed. The mask gives me strength. The mask gives me fame. The mask is magical. When I remove the mask, I'm a normal human who can walk right by you, and not even get a "hello". Usually with the mask on, everything is positive. Without the mask I'm a normal being who has his problems, who cries, who sometimes suffers…  And this human being sometimes sacrifices a lot to give the this other identity life” – El Hijo del Santo
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2016, 08:29 AM by Dumorte »

« Reply #57 on: Mar 15, 2016, 12:40 PM »
I like the 2006 "Special" vibe coming off his bio

« Reply #58 on: Mar 15, 2016, 01:25 PM »
So I had no idea what it is you meant so I looked it up and it's an Indy film I had never heard of! Reading the synopsis I kind of really want to see this movie! haha. Also I can see where you get the vibe!

« Reply #59 on: Mar 15, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Just wanna say your lucha-crazed character is really cool, and potentially really funny.  When we get our intros approved should totally have a battle! (Don't worry, I'll wear a mouthguard!)  Lookin' forward to the rest of your comic!

« Reply #60 on: Mar 15, 2016, 01:46 PM »
ahh thanks! if there is one thing I've noticed from my intro comic, is that most of his true persona is not reflected in it. But it involves a story that needs to be told (imo) and that I want to be told.
You character looks awesome too btw! I would be honored and scared shitless to battle you. Haha. (I'm still learning to comic).
GL on the approval! I should have mine submitted by the end of the week!

« Reply #61 on: Mar 18, 2016, 01:28 PM »

still working on the drawing and the hands. especially that thumb. but im super proud of how my beer came out!

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

455 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us