COMICS: ART IN RELATIONSHIP - FREE online course opening February 2016

http://www.kadenze.com/courses/comics-art-in-relationship/info

"Comics: Art in Relationship" - it's a free course on creating comics offered by California College of the Arts exploring panel transitions, text to image relationships, intricacies of page layouts etc. Did I mention it's FREE? ITS FREE!!

You can also enroll for actual post-secondary credit, which starts at $300.

Info from the front page:

Comics are one of the most popular and exciting ways to tell a story. This course offers a look at the fundamental building blocks of the comic book medium. Exploring panel to panel transitions, text to image relationships, and the intricacies of page layouts, students will examine new and innovative ways to bring their stories to life.

This course is designed for both beginning and advanced visual artists. Whether students have tried their hand at comics before or are simply interested in investigating how comics work, this course will provide insights to help storytellers make the most of every page.

I'm tempted to join this. Has anyone here used Kadenze before?

Ah, what the heck.

If anybody was wondering if anyone here would register for it, I just did.

Intriguing!

It's def. all online right? Do tell us how it goes. :0

Well, it's officially started. The assignments seem to have a healthy amount of time to do them, but I think I only have to worry about submitting them if I'm a paying for-credit student, which makes sense 'cause that would be wayyyy to many students to grade.

I'm able to download all the assets and such for doing them, though.

So, as I understand, I'm essentially auditing a class for free, which suits me fine.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

305 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us