ANNIHILATION ANNOUNCEMENT

ANNIHILATION ANNOUNCEMENT
« on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:26 AM »
THE BATTLE CONTINUES IN THE LAND OF THE DEAD

Well sir, it looks like your character is now dead as a doorknob! If you wanna keep battling, I guess your only options now are to either make a new character, switch to an older character, or wait until October’s Month of the Dead event, right?

WRONG!

The dead won’t be leashed to one month a year to get their lethal kicks any longer, because as of this post, all dead characters can now participate in Annihilation matches against other dead characters, all year long! Annihilation matches are the highest stakes on the site; losing one means your character isn’t just dead, they’re completely annihilated, unable to ever be used again on the site!

The afterlife has gotten a whole lot more dangerous! Will you risk it all for one more chance at the sweet taste of victory!?

We will update y’all once the coding is complete so dead characters can be used to manually challenge for Annihilation matches. If you don’t want to wait, contact the staff to set up an Annihilation match for you and your opponent between your two dead characters.

Re: ANNIHILATION ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Small correction: the programming hasn't quite been done to make this true hahah. Stay tuned!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:31 AM »
didn't I say that?

We will update y’all once the coding is complete so dead characters can be used to manually challenge for Annihilation matches. If you don’t want to wait, contact the staff to set up an Annihilation match for you and your opponent between your two dead characters.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:46 AM »
SHHHHHH I WAS JUST TESTING YOU!!!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Haha, radical.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:48 AM »
SHHHHHH I WAS JUST TESTING YOU!!!

BOBO I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING 5% of the time GAWD

« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:24 PM »
This sounds awesome!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Something for all the freshly dead characters to do!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2016, 05:01 PM »
dead characters can freely use the Challenges thread too to issue annihilation challenges!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:15 PM »
As if a character being dead once is not enough, we now have the option to be double-dead?!

I can't help but wonder if there can be an option for currently alive characters can also participate in these annihilation matches against a dead character, if they so choose to up the stakes for themselves? It might mix things up quite a bit.

Another thing I am wondering is if there's able to be a non-lethal match-up type just between dead characters only (since they're essentially on the same plane of existence?) - it makes sense to me to have that too, if they have the option of annihilation matches, but I understand if there's no desire to implement that. It was just a thought.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2016, 12:24 PM »
As if a character being dead once is not enough, we now have the option to be double-dead?!

I can't help but wonder if there can be an option for currently alive characters can also participate in these annihilation matches against a dead character, if they so choose to up the stakes for themselves? It might mix things up quite a bit.

Another thing I am wondering is if there's able to be a non-lethal match-up type just between dead characters only (since they're essentially on the same plane of existence?) - it makes sense to me to have that too, if they have the option of annihilation matches, but I understand if there's no desire to implement that. It was just a thought.

There actually is during Month of the Dead. Living vs. Dead Death Match is Annihilation for the Dead character and regular Death for the Living.

As for the 2nd part, that's basically Month of the Dead (but I get what you're saying.) If they did get to freely fight, it'd be kind of weird because then being Dead isn't really a 'punishment' but now a weird mirror state for the site? If we had that, I wouldn't be surprised if someone submitted a Dead character, just so they had the ability to fight someone who's Dead.

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2016, 02:37 PM »
So... when you gonna implement my other idea? The one where you win 5 annihilation matches in a row and you get that character revived?

« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2016, 05:25 PM »
while there was support for that idea, the ultimate answer from the top was no

« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2016, 05:43 PM »
bummer, dude!

Still sweet we can do this year round!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

146 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 181.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us