ENTERVOID 2016 LIGHTSPEED DEATH TOURNAMENT

ENTERVOID 2016 LIGHTSPEED DEATH TOURNAMENT
« on: Jan 03, 2016, 03:17 PM »
HURRY UP THERE'S LITTLE TIME! HERE COMES THE...

Saywhatnow? What is this?
It's a Death Tournament! Not just any... Death Tournament!, but the fastest one yet! A nice bonus warmup for the beginning of the year, the Light Speed Death Tournament is a new twist on our already blazing fast Speed Death Tournament!

What even makes this different?
Timeframe! We got one week rounds! I know that you're thinking...

Aren't SDT rounds one week anyway?
They ARE! A week of drawing, a week of voting. But that's not what I'm talking about. I mean the Drawing AND voting takes place over a week! 4 days of drawing, 3 days of voting! Can YOU handle the extreme crunch time? This is a special tournament that we can get done within a month! Crazy eh?

What...? Is this an official thing?
Look at you asking all these questions like it isn't. Of course it is! HURRY UP AND MAKE SOMEONE!

So... what should I enter?
Anything! But in the spirit of the tournament, I encourage you to make the design QUICKLY! First thing that comes to mind, a lot like a recent Art Jam I made.

The Last Minute SDT Character Jam!
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=13024.0

There was a method to the madness, I wanted people to get a little taste of the mindset we're encouraging with this! Make anything you want! But most of all, MAKE IT QUICKLY!

That's stupid. But what do I need to to do to enter?
Be registered on the site. Be a member, new and old are welcome here! Remember that you will have to submit the character through the site before the tournament starts. And since only one person is walking out of this alive no intro pages are needed! You've basically done an intro comic by the time the first round happened anyway!

Are there any rules to this thing? (Partially stolen from Pyras' last tournament announcement. It's a good format.
Along with regular rules of the website:
  • A complete colored reference sheet of your character and a 50x50 character icon are needed for this tournament, but intro pages are not needed
  • There's actually a page limit this time! You have to tell your story each round in only 1-3 pages! That's right there's a 3 PAGE MAXIMUM!
So when you're uploading, you should only upload up to page 3. Three pages only. (There's a comic lower in the post explaining exactly what a page means with your 3 page limit.)

• Both your, and your opponents characters must show up in your comic
  • All matches are Death Matches made up of 2 weeks! 4 days!? You lose, you die, so be aware of what you're joining!
  • Any violation of the rules above results in an automatic disqualification
Signups begin: RIGHT NOW! January 3rd!
Signups END: REAL SOON! January 13th! (That's only 10 days people!)

We're looking to start with at least 8 people. Shooting for additional multiples of 4. We're gonna try and fit everyone who enters into it in those multiples.**

Round one begins: January 17th! (To give the mods some time to vote on people and arrange rounds. Might be a little signup leeway in those 4 days if you turn in something cool!)

Applicants:
1. Hiemie with Delicious Breakfast!
2. RoflQu with Sally
3. AstroSean with Dale
4. Choleric with Mortido
5. LeFred with CANNOT DANCE/DOES NOT CARE
6. Literally Nothin with The Pit
7. Rikun with Victor "The Chessman" King
8. Ten Dead Kings with Carys
9. MyHetEatsPeople with Nana Perdi
10. Base with Fuckstick
11. Kozispoon with Capgras
12. Karmacharma with Pud!
13. WilliamDuel with Magical Girl Hunter Masquerade
14. Charlie with Ai
15. Radji with Smiley
16. Magistelle with Gumshoe
17. Tofubeast with REM ver 8.3
18. Nachte with Yi Strike Seo
19. Qyzex with Sludge Bucket
20. Ketsuo Tategami with Gorgon
21. GODEMPERORJACK AKA (probably) JACKJERSEY with SPEED DEATH
22. GPS Device with Tree
23. Rah with Rampant Rabbit
24. Elyan with Atara
25. Orion with Jonos Valorous
26. Mister Kent with Meteora the Phoenix
27. Fearn with håret
28. Monday with F
29. ablob with Punchbuggy
30. Alberto311 with Ravage the Rabbit
31. Sixtem with Iron Fist Justine
32. Pixelchop with Lily Kaktos
33. Puzzlething with Puck
34. Thresher with The Demon Gu (Icon pending)
35. Bretony with Babs
36. Joe Neary with Ushaku
37. Flutterbyes with Flower Power
38. Monteh with Dyna and Tammy
39. Evi with Azuki
40. BodegaNegra with O P H E L I A (Icon pending)
41. Bobo with Ex Nihilo
42. Iced Tea with Birb
43. Layeyes with Max Katakana
44. Kukajoo with Literally Jupiter
45. Miss Jetster Jay with the World's Sexiest Geniuses
46. Tensho with La Governesse
47. Andmaybeasoda with Kamden
48. TKM with Snouthead Nefarious (I'm not gonna sugar coat this one, this IS my favorite.)
49. Deathly Silent with Ajinn (Icon pending)
50. Air with Mr. Jiang Shui

**As we said before, while 8-12 contestants was going to be the target selection, there is a chance it could rise based on demand. Oooooh boy, 16 makes an even bracket. But, can we get more?

Edit: Oh man, 24 entrants is around the corner here. I still got bracketing options to attend to this situation, so keep entering! If we hit 24, perhaps we can get 32? We haven't seen that in a long time! Keep joining people!

Edit 2: WE GOT THE 24. Let's get to 32!

And here's me throwing my hat into the ring:

Delicious Breakfast!

There's been something strange happening around town lately. People have been showing up dead. AND IT'S CERTAINLY NOT CAUSED BY A DELICOUS BREAKFAST! With BUFFAL-OS! Filled with 33 Essential Vitamins and Minerals! Kids LOVE IT! Dads TOLERATE IT! And it keeps you strong for the BIG GAME, the BIG TEST,

"And those Big Bad Cowboys Tryin to Rustle mah OATS! WHOAAAAA"

Buffal-o's! There for the BIG Day Ahead of you! "Comes with a prize inside!"

Stay BUFFALO STRONG, just like BERNARD BUFFALO!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? TIME'S A WASTIN!

NEWS

Okay people! Submission time is upon us. If things go well, we're gonna hit 32 people. That's a pretty good cap size for this. Otherwise, we'd need 64 people for a bracket. So now is the time to submit your character on the site officially.

What you need to do is:

1. on the top bar of the site, click Manager!
2. in the Character section of your manager click "Create a Character"
3. Fill the information in. Bio, height, sex (or lack of/undefined).
4. Your icon needs to be 50x50.
5. If you do not have an intro, which you don't need, you just put your design sheet into the design sheet, page 1, and page 2 sections.
6. Click submit character.

Now, submissions are Due the 13th. BUT, there's like 4 days before the tourney starts, so there's a little leeway if you're concerned. The Tourney ACTUALLY starts ON the 17th. So if you have trouble getting in or don't understand the process, use tha ttime to get it figured out, to gather your supplies, and get your ducks in a row.

Well look at that, 32 people. By this point, there will likely be a selection vote to keep it an even bracket. Sadly. If it was a longer deadline, perhaps we could wedge the extra into one of the rounds, but with 4 days, it's tough to expect someone to be able to build a 3 for all battle. We'll see what happens! Don't forget to submit!

Soon is the time. Soon!

News Update: Jan 13th

BONUS ROUND!!!

Interesting news people! Around this point we apparently have 41 entries in!

We still wanna start this coming Sunday, the 17th!

So we have a potential situation here. If we get enough people for 48 ENTRANTS then we can have the same amount of weeks as the 32 set, everyone gets in, and we get an interesting new final round. We're at around 41, so we're only a wafer thin 7 away!

Final round would be a 3-for-all. Full week, which is a whole lot of time to this point, and the gloves come off and you can submit as much as you want! (Also a full week of voting, but what can you do?)

And the plus to all this? It only adds 3 days drawing time to the tournament! All the comics are done around the same time! So everyone would get in and it hardly disrupts the current tourney schedule!

Now this is potential, but if we can fill out to 48 by this FRIDAY THE 15th! then we might have this oppertunity for the first 48 entrant tourney in about... 5 years I believe! Tell your friends, tell everyone!

Make this tournament EVER BETTER!

Edit 2: So we Did it! Here's a super important guide on comics in this tournament.

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 08:53 PM by Hiemie »

Re: ENTERVOID 2016 LIGHTSPEED DEATH TOURNAMENT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2016, 03:23 PM »
RoflQu with Sally

Sallivun is a giant japanese salamander. (His parents screwed up the birth certificate.) He spends most of his time making lovely pottery with whatever intense flames he can create. Due to his ability to have a constant hands on nature with his work, he creates fantastic, impossible pieces of art. How does he do it? A lot of wood, a lot of fire, and a natural resistance to the very element he's working in. Sallivun makes a surprisingly comfortable living for himself despite his age. With time, he could become a real artisan in his field.

In the late of the night, he is seen skulking about the slummier parts of town, looking for the next building to help fuel his art. Sally is a little bit of an arsonist and sneaks around in his various favorite flame-retardant face-mask hoodies. Not that he's worried about getting burnt. He's immune from the inside and out of course! Being a salamander, Sally would be just as home swimming through a cool river as he would a lake of magma. He just prefers not being naked when walking back from burning buildings down. He's very careful to never burn a place that has people in it, he's looking to produce intense heat and make art, not hurt anyone.

However, that's not to say that he can't fight. Being such a little guy, it's easy for people to think they can pick on him. While he hasn't found his confidence yet, at his core he is a naturally talented fighter. He can start a spark with the naturally producing and HIGHLY flammable slime-oil he secretes (he even leaves a little trail behind him when he walks!) and cause big explosions. Not that it bothers him, but it's usually enough to scare off anyone who's trailing him.

Sally loves to collect match-books. He has a great little collection.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016, 03:52 AM by GOD DAMN IT ROFLQU »

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Dale

Dale is one radical dude! Just fresh into adulthood and he's out there to prove to his old man he isn't going to sit back and rot away like him. His father urges him to take over the family business of roofing and window installation, but Dale isn't about that bogus life. In a bold and rash decision, he has decided to join the SDT to show everyone what him and his skateboard are capable of! WOAH BODACIOUS!

*Important Characteristics* Dale only has one arm for radical gestures. He has a nose, no mouth. Dale is a pro skateboarder, but his father doesn't approve of his lifestyle. Dale can kick flip a 20 stair.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2016, 04:21 PM by Astro Sean »
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:47 PM »
sign.
me.
up.

with mortido.
U BITCH.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:50 PM »
sign.
me.
up.

with mortido.
U BITCH.

OHHHHHH SHIT!!!!!
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Amazing from the get go.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:22 PM »
CANNOT DANCE/DOES NOT CARE

This pitiful servant of ancient horrors may have two left feet but it's here to shake it down and by the Great Ones it will do just that even if it leads to an eternity of having its foul innards endlessly pulled out from its eyes
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:44 PM »

The Pit got so hungry it got up and walked away. Luring food in is so much easier when the location changes.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2016, 10:49 PM by Literally Nothin »

« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:45 PM »
Can we get an icon?

Good :)
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2016, 11:15 PM by Hiemie »

« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2016, 11:00 PM »
Rikun with Victor "The Chessman" King

His advanced age and short stature hide a brilliant mind, and his cane gives him the ghostly summons that can do his bidding. Each spirit has a different ability depending on what King needs to execute his plan:

Pawns: multiple foot soldiers for a charging horde.
Rook: giant stone head for direct, brute force
Knight: horse-headed knight for jump strikes and air jousting
Bishop: militant bishop for fast, indirect strikes
Queen: almighty queen for massive area of effect damage

Has a love for complex plans and enjoys trapping his opponents 10 steps ahead.

Note: All chess spirits have a ghostly tail (except Rook, which is a floating head) and are summoned when King strikes the ground with his cane. Maximum summons are 8 pawns, one rook, one knight, one bishop, and the queen, all of whom can move freely. Game ends when King is defeated.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2016, 12:08 AM »
This is Carys.

She likes fightin' and winnin'.

She doesn't like you.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2016, 07:08 PM by Ten Dead Kings »

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2016, 12:35 AM »

Perdita Moggs, AKA Nanna Perdi, is a an old lady cat who likes nothing more than a cup of tea and a good bargain at the shops. She's a feisty widow who won't take shit from any young whipper-snapper,  she also participates in Tap Dancing classes twice a week.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:04 AM »
Base with Fuckstick

He's a sadomasochistic neuter who wears a chainsaw strap on and kills people with it.

Nuff said.

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:08 AM »
this roster is getting fucking wild LOL!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:15 AM »
Time to see double. Capgras is all in

« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2016, 11:55 AM »
Pud!

Pud is a little demon critter who grows stronger from absorbing lifeforce. The more living creatures he consumes, the bigger, stronger, scarier, ect. he gets. But right now he's just a tiny little imp critter since he hasn't gotten started on that just yet. His barbecue fork thing can be other utensils too, and he starts off at about two foot tall. Tiny devourer of worlds.

Also Baby's first death tournament. I am intimidated.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Magical Girl Hunter Masquerade

Once upon a time an evil Witch threatened the world.  And five girls of pure heart were chosen to fight against her.  A classic sort of story.  But after the final battle, no one returned except for one.  Stripped of memory, name and life, she became dedicated to one goal: To eradicate the existence of magical girls and fill the Infinite Wardrobe.  And so she hunts.

She's been alive for so long that she is something of an urban legend amongst Magical Girls.  But if she hunts her target, no one better get in her way!  She has access to the subspace pocket dimension known as the Infinite Wardrobe.  And each mask contained therein represents one of her victims.  For in order to steal the powers of magical girls she places a blank mask from the Wardrobe on her victim and it forcibly steals their powers.  The aftereffects vary from person to person but the experience is excruciating leaving the girls maimed or worse dead.

The masks have different personalities and talk to her.  Not much is known about this girl except she hasn't aged much and sometimes goes by M.

The design sheet has two examples of her most commonly used forms.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2016, 09:40 PM by William_Duel »

« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2016, 02:30 AM »

- Ai

Non case ref
Just Ai by herself and none of the other useless crap I worked on today haha.

found some blu ray templates and for the sake of the joke I made a fake anime to go with my stereotypical transfer student protag. Also I tried to fit everyone that signed up so far on the back, some are very tiny - but I also needed to slot a balding Jpop in there since he is Ai's new teacher.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 02:32 AM by Charlie »

« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2016, 01:15 PM »
I was thinking a Tournament that rocketed away at a round a week would be super fun while I was participating in the Monster Mash Tourney!
A week of voting really makes you lose momentum!

« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2016, 01:52 PM »
 radji with

She's a slime girl born after some toxic stuff leaked in some sewers. She has the mentality of a little kid and is VERY hungry right now. She cannot talk right now, she was born days ago.
She can expand herself by absorbing water and toxic stuff, can eat and dissolve anything and is immune to blunt trauma. She can spit toxic liquids with varying toxicity.
She hates hot stuff and is deadly afraid of fire.
If spooked, she will expels deadly poison gas that can explode if ignited.
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 02:25 PM by Radji »

« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Ack. You forgot some brackets there, Radj. Edit, edit!

« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Ack. You forgot some brackets there, Radj. Edit, edit!
i'm trying but the edit button resist me
HOW DARE HE !!!!!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:21 PM »

A hardened detective with a twisted moral compass of right and wrong. Gumshoe's investigative skills are nothing to be trifled with, and he genuinely wants the best for his beloved city, but his talent for murder is nearly parallel. Without the fear of death, he believes, placation sets in and the sense of self-preservation is numbed. And that's when people slip up. That's when people become careless. But above all, that's when people must be reminded they are not invincible, and for that, examples must be made from time to time.

What's a few bodies in the morgue to help the remaining innocent remain vigilant?
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 07:23 PM by Magistelle »

« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Magistelle, how terrifying and tough!

16 people now, that's a full month. (Can we make it to 32??)

« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2016, 05:22 PM »

I'm just a dreaming girl, so please don't stop fighting for me
Maybe one day, I think I'll wake up!
Just not today~

REM (tm) (ver. 8.3) is a Virtual Idol licensed for commercial and military use only.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Augustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkos

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 26, 2024, 08:28 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

336 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us