PULPITO, EnterVOID's first ever mini-zine!!!

PULPITO, EnterVOID's first ever mini-zine!!!
« on: Nov 11, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Hey everybody! Some of you may have seen my recent post on social media regarding the Pulpo anthologies that came in the mail the other day:

My plan is to get a table at an upcoming con at the end of March and using it to promote VOID (in addition to my own work, of course). I'm trying to get my hands on anything VOID-related that I can use to promote the site and get the word out about the amazing artists we've got here!

BUT!

None of my own work is in those anthologies. :(

SO!

I'd like to put together a short zine to showcase the latest and greatest in VOID artists' comics so I can throw my crappy work in and pretend I'm one of them! And, in honor of the original VOID anthology, I've decided to name this little zine
Pulpito! The Bite-sized EnterVOID Comic Zine (subtitle pending)

I need roughly 15 artists to submit 3-5 page comics (the max number of pages I can do is 68 total, so I'm keeping individual comic counts short). There may also be room for a splash page or pinup here and there, but I want to prioritize comics as that's what VOID is really all about.

So give me the specs already!
Page size: 5x7in (12.7x17.78cm; sorry metric system users)
Comic length: ~3-5 pages
Full color (monochrome, duotone, etc. is acceptable, but no pure black and white please unless you can bribe me for it)
NO VOID CHARACTERS (I want all original stuff that can stand on its own)
Original work only (no fan comics or plagiarizing)
Original characters only (don't borrow other people's characters unless you have express permission from them and they send ME their approval as well)
Page resolution: at LEAST 300dpi, 600dpi preferred (meaning your page should be at LEAST 1500 pixels wide and 2100 pixels tall)
Theme: CREATION (art, birth, origins, etc.) No theme! Do whatever you want!

Final book specs:
- Up to 68 pages
- Saddle-stitched
- Full color
- Basically just like Sweet Treats if you got it from Justin and Nina (and you should if you haven't!)

DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 20th, 2016 Sunday, July 31st, 2016 Sunday, August 14th, 2016 (last chance, procrastinators!!!)
That means you have about two months to submit a 3-5 page, full-color comic.
Please send your entries in PNG, TIFF, PDF, or PSD format.
To submit an entry, email me at bobo[member=776]enterVOID[/member].com and either attach your files to the email or host them somewhere I can download the full-res artwork for your entries.

I'll be making a list of artists who have stated their interest in submitting to this zine, so please FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN CONTRIBUTING TO THE PULPITO ZINE so I can keep track of who to harass contact when the time comes to send the book off to be printed.

And just to be extra helpful, I've created some simple PSD and PNG templates for creating your pages for this zine!
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2016, 10:22 AM by Bobo »

Re: PULPITO, EnterVOID's first ever mini-zine!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2015, 11:07 AM »
You had me at "NO VOID CHARACTERS". I might be interested, but don't have any plan of attack just yet. Couldja put me down for a maybe?

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2015, 11:29 AM »
I'm into it if you would have me?
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2015, 11:53 AM »
Cool :D

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Five pages is like my sweet spot for actually finishing, so I definitely want to do this, but for the moment I don't have any ideas.  Hm.  I'll give it some attention after my battle with Taylor.
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2015, 01:27 PM »
I'll think about it! If I can fit it all in, then count me in. I have no idea what my schedule is gonna look like but 3-5 pages isn't that much so we'll seeeeEEEe.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Hey Bobo sounds great. I understand you say no Void Characters, but how about I just make a cool little comic that could also become an Intro Story for a new Character?

Also, any theme?

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2015, 02:43 PM »
5 pages? I have something I can whip up, but I need a colorist.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2015, 04:32 PM »
[member=2019]Kuro[/member]: If you finish it, send it in! I'm accepting all submissions, and if we have too many I'll just have to cut a few :(

[member=295]Astro Sean[/member]: See above! Also, I would have you any time, baby ;)

[member=13970]JoeNeary[/member]: The only problem with that is that it would take away some of the exclusivity of the comic. It's not as cool to buy something you could just view online for free, unless you're really into it. We won't stop you from using your comic as a character intro (that I know of, at least), but just keep that in mind. Also, please carefully read my original post. I have placed some text in red just for you ;)

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2015, 10:02 PM »
might wanna do this if i get an idea in the next week or so

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2015, 04:48 PM »
hmm I don't wanna sign up until i think of a good short st-WAIT I GOT ONE okay i'm in lol

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:02 PM »
This is a great idea! Definitely sign me up, a 3-5 pager is a good limit for me.

« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2015, 05:09 AM »
5 pages? I have something I can whip up, but I need a colorist.

I would team up with you on that if you dont find anyone else.

I don't have any ideas for this but Thresher also expressed interest so maybe if we yell at each other it will happen

« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2015, 06:40 PM »
You guys are aware "pito" means dick in Spanish, right?I wish you all luck in this! :)

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2015, 07:28 PM »
wanna mention i'm up for coloring anyone's comic if they want/need it

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2015, 02:16 PM »
Hey everybody! You've got a month and 5 days to get your Pulpito entry done! If you haven't started already, now's a good time to get started so you're not rushing at the end! Let me know if you have questions, and feel free to post here if you need someone to collaborate with. We've got at least a couple of people willing to color, so if you're usually just a black and white artist, maybe you could team up!

« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2015, 02:47 PM »
EXCUSE ME WHILE I DO SOMETHING FOR THIS.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2015, 07:04 PM »
I already told Bobo, but I'm def doing something for this as well! 3-5 pages is easy to manage for this

« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2015, 05:10 AM »

I'm gonna draw a comic about Sean since no void characters are allowed :P

« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2015, 09:01 AM »

I'm gonna draw a comic about Sean since no void characters are allowed :P

Swoon! <3 hahaha
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Hey everybody! Just about 3 weeks left to submit your 5x7", 3-5 page, colored comic based on the theme of CREATION! We've got some really great artists who have said they'll contribute something, so I'm really excited to see what you all get done! Remember, the deadline is January 20th! No late entries! Just relax and have fun with this! You'll all do great, I know it! :)

« Reply #21 on: Dec 29, 2015, 08:50 PM »
Well I've started so I guess it's happening. That first panel took me all day XD

« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Apparently roflqu and I are doing a thing for this

Is this it???  Will I finally get to write and complete a finished piece!?  Is this happening???

(probably not but I'm making this post so I have homies to help me shame him if it doesn't pan out obvs)

« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2016, 05:26 PM »
It's gonna happen!

ALSO!!!

RoflQu asked me an important question that made me realize I need to tell you this important information:
Title pages will not be included outside of your comic. So if you want a title page, please include it as part of your comic. That means please include your comic title, author/artist/whatever on the first page of your comic if you can!

ALSO also:
You have exactly two weeks to finish up your entry and get it to me on time! If you haven't started yet, you have no more time to procrastinate! DO IT! :)

« Reply #24 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:32 PM »
Bobo, I finished my comic and sent it to the email you supplied :D 

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Today at 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

130 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 181.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us