VCU Gesture Drawing Hangouts!

Poll

When is the best time for you to participate in a figure drawing Hangout?

12midnight-6am MST (6am-12noon GMT)
1 (10%)
6am-12noon MST (12noon-6pm GMT)
1 (10%)
12noon-6pm MST (6pm-12midnight GMT)
4 (40%)
6pm-12midnight MST (12midnight-6am GMT)
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 6

VCU Gesture Drawing Hangouts!
« on: Aug 31, 2015, 10:30 PM »
So I wanted to organize a hangout dedicated specifically to gesture drawings.  It's based on the same premise as Red's 2013 Gesturing Drawing Challenge and would work according to the same idea:

http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=12157.0

Basically I think we could make this a weekly thing.  Gather a group of people in a hangout and run the posemaniacs for 30 secs and run it for half an hour to an hour or more if people want through the screenshare feature.  It could be a pretty relaxed and social thing where we could encourage each other to make gesture drawings a habit.  But I wanted to gather some info first to make it consistent and we could post information in this thread.  I know we all come from different time zones so I want people to say what days and what times would be easiest for them.  Depending on what people suggest we might have a couple of these at different times to accommodate different groups of people.

I have an erratic work schedule but I am fine with most weekdays around 9-11 pm Eastern Time. 

Re: VCU Gesture Drawing Hangouts!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2015, 03:35 AM »
I'd say make it a biweekly thing; one for weekdays and one for weekends and have a supervisor for each session. That way, people who miss one session can hop onto the other one. Do keep in mind that the hangout can only hold 10 people at a time.

im free wednesday, thursday and sunday all hours

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2015, 04:26 PM »
this sounds fun! I have a fairly open schedule, so I'm down to help if needed. I'm on pacific time, and schedule is basically open except for 7-3pm Mon-Wed.

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2015, 06:38 PM »
do you need photos? I have many photos of cosplayers...
just browsing here and there

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2015, 10:36 PM »
do you need photos? I have many photos of cosplayers...

If that's what people want to draw then sure.  So I feel like I'm gonna try a session tomorrow night.  Around 10 PM eastern, 7 PM PDT.  I'll post a link here, first come first serve and if it actually does fill up more hangouts can be opened up. 

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Haha, 3 in the morning for me. Oh well!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2015, 07:02 PM »

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2015, 07:51 PM »
get in here you guys!!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Starting up again!

« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2015, 09:31 PM »
Doing another Gesture Drawing Hangout Session again tonight:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gyaa45n7776qqjh7qfbeuian4qa

« Reply #10 on: Sep 04, 2015, 12:07 AM »
30 second gestures

First gesture drawing session ever, it was fun!  Hope to see some more of you guys in the next one.
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2015, 04:31 AM »
This looks sweet!!

Maybe we should run a eurotime one??

« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Sounds cool!
\'Ello...

« Reply #13 on: Sep 05, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately I may not be the best person to run this as I live on the Eastern Seaboard and work weekends so basically I live an opposite schedule to everyone haha.  But if people want to do that, set up for times which are more comfortable for you guys that would be great.  It's why I wanted to gather some info first but ultimately felt it better to start taking action than just talking.

« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2015, 05:38 PM »
So I'm sorry I haven't done this in the last two weeks.  My personal life has been very busy as of late.  Is there anyone who wants to pick up the slack?  I'd really like to see this continue and be a regular thing.

« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2015, 01:05 PM »
I would be happy to pick up the slack! I usually use my Wii U to display the figure drawing images while I draw on my computer, and I have streaming equipment so I could actually set up a YouTube live stream that people could join in on or even watch old streams (if that's allowed; I probably need to check with the site owner on that). The question I have is what times people are available/prefer to do figure drawing practices? Maybe I'll add a poll and see what people prefer.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2015, 02:47 PM »
I added a really basic poll to get an idea of when people are available. Let me know and I'll see what I can set up!

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2015, 10:44 AM »
i should get back to doing this. i'm down for a regular drawing session!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

293 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us