Pita's Pad [kinda NSFW?]

Pita's Pad [kinda NSFW?]
« on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Hello, welcome to the thread!  I'm Pita, and I'll occasionally post some doodles or progress shots in this thread.
I would post something in the Incubator, but as of the initial writing of this thread, I don't have any drawings that are stable enough for that.  So we're going here for now.

These are a collection of things I've drawn over the past few months.  Chances are high that if it's traditional, it's on a scrap piece of paper or a post-it note.  My work environment provides these for my doodling habits.  If it's digital, it will be done on Paint Tool SAI, and it'll be with the marker tool.

Let's have some fun.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 04:50 AM by Pitafish »

Re: Pita's Pad [currently SFW]
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Here's a couple of hopefuls for VOID to begin.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2015, 08:08 PM »
They're adorable I want 10 of them. Can't wait to see more!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2015, 08:28 PM »
They're adorable I want 10 of them. Can't wait to see more!
Right now I'm exploring how to draw them.  Lucio's pretty easy nowadays--I've been drawing him for almost a year, but the mouth has been a recent development.  Let's compare!

October 2014

April 2015

There was a very long time when he just didn't have a mouth--I can expand on this if y'all are curious.

Felicia's kind of difficult, though.  I wanted to draw a chubby little lady, but she's not quite there yet.  This is best I can do at the moment, and I wish I knew how to replicate this while giving her some feet.

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 08:31 PM by Pitafish »

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2015, 05:10 PM »
It took me a whole year to realize just how hot it can get in the South.  Especially when you're in an Alabama house with no adequate A/C.

I need to work on sand and shading and especially that one background that's disappearing but it's so hot here.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2015, 06:54 PM »

I think I'm okay with her being the only animal girl I have with some semblance of boobs.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2015, 07:52 PM »
I absolutely love her and cannot bare to wait for her to get into void aaaaah

« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2015, 08:40 AM »
aaah you've got such a cute and bubbly style! I really like Felicia <3

« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2015, 07:00 PM »
OK, time for a little bit of Lou.

Re: Pita's Pad [kinda NSFW?]
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2015, 04:49 AM »
It's been a couple weeks since I posted, but I have some doodles from my work I wanna share!

And I'm just gonna put a scan of my doctor guy in here, too.  I'm trying to figure out those hands since he was a different species for the most of last year.

((This is an older drawing, but Clydesdale Horse cameos!))

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:06 AM »
Fuckit, lemme post some Millie, too.  I fucking love Millie.

^^^This one is an outdated reference sheet, I need to re-do it some time.

She's my main spectator character for an OCT that kinda fizzled, but I have stills from that.  Her design's a little different, I'm letting you know right now.  But I'm proud of how these came out.
Most of what I have that isn't a spoiler for a thing includes this one guy that isn't mine but they are so sweet omgomgomg this ship could sail to the moon

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 05:10 AM by Pitafish »

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2015, 06:44 AM »
I am loving these sketches! I wanna see some more inked drawings, especially of Felicia! What a cutie! When are you going to throw one of these babies in the Incubator/submit a New Character Application!? :)

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2015, 06:33 PM »
I am loving these sketches! I wanna see some more inked drawings, especially of Felicia! What a cutie! When are you going to throw one of these babies in the Incubator/submit a New Character Application!? :)
That's a very good question.  I honestly don't know at this moment.

My work schedule's been demanding throughout the summer, and I still need to wrap up a comic I'm in the process of drawing.  If you're curious about what it is, take a look here.  I'd give a spoiler warning, but I don't know many people here who follow me on dA and don't already know what I'm working on, haha.

With my workload and the short amount of time I have to draw, my progress tends to be slow-paced, especially during this time of year.  Summertime's a busy, busy time for your local library.
I haven't had much time to learn how to ink properly, if I should even do it at all.  I'm open to critique and suggestion with process.

And then there's the matter of character and story.  I have a slew of characters--I've only posted four of them here, and most of it was character studies for my little firefly and whatever it is Lucio is.  I need to figure out who I want to use, what I want to do with them, figure out backgrounds--a bunch of stuff!  This may sound like excuses, but I'm really burning the candle at both ends at this point, heh.

If you're the praying sort, keep me in your thoughts.

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I can kind of draw backgrounds??  It's something I need to work on.

« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2015, 07:05 PM »

A pat on the back to anyone who gets the reference, I've been doing research.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Character switch-out!

I present an alternatice buddy for Miss Flick.

These are all older sketches, I'll present some newer stuff when I get home.

« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2015, 06:13 PM »
I promised I'd scan some newer pictures of Elliott, so here you go.
NSFW if you mind an underwear shot.

note for me: draw some varying expressions between this guy and Flick

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2015, 08:13 PM »
What charming little designs! I really hope we can see a comic from you soon, because I'm pretty sure he and Clydesdale shop at the same tailor.

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2015, 05:14 AM »
shh im still working on it

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2015, 04:26 PM »

« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Working on Millie

« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2015, 02:59 PM »
All this seriously SSSSEEERIOUSSLY fantabulous art and no void comics from you. Why. Why do you hurt me with this beauty? ;3;

AKA- omigosh get in I wanna battle yeeeeeew

« Reply #22 on: Oct 02, 2015, 09:56 AM »
After falling off the face of the earth, I have some good news!

It's happening...

« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2015, 03:23 PM »
-internal screams of excitement-

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2015, 09:05 AM »
It's been a while, and I have some news.

Let's start with the bad news first:
I'm pulling Flick and Millie from VOID.

VOID is meant to be a place to share ideas and have conversations with other artists.  And there's so much I want to do with these two by themselves that it doesn't leave much room for others to participate.  I'll still draw them, and I want to do something with them someday, but there was so much going on with them that it would have been too much to do on VOID.

I've also been selfish when it comes to sharing my ideas with other artists in VOID, and I apologize.  It wasn't fair for me to be invested in only my ideas and those who had similar ideas, and I'm actively working to improve my behavior.  I think one step is to have something simpler--simple plot and desires for a character and unleash them into the world to see what happens.

Which is where I have some good news:
I have another character that I think is more appropriate for this kind of story telling format.
They're not a toon, and I don't want to reveal much about them yet, but I do want to share something.
Music has always played an important part in my creative process, so here's something so y'all can get a better idea of what I want to do.
Spotify / Youtube

Until then, thank you for your patience, and I apologize.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

304 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us