Just got Manga Studio 5, but lines are awful! What gives?

Hey guys, I just got Manga Studio 5 (well, Clip Studio Paint Pro) and I can't seem to find the tablet stylus pressure sensitivity controls.  My lines look like they were made with an etch-a-sketch.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?  Or is my stylus just feckin' up?
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 03:53 AM by Dino Nebitt »
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

Re: Just got Manga Studio 5, but lines are awful! What gives?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2015, 04:49 AM »
This is more help forum material.

Can't speak towards any slight differences between the programs, but MS5 worked fine out the box & I went to town tweaking the brushes to exactly where I needed them. Are your drivers & everything up to date? If no, then get to work on fixing that first. It could be a number of things but you're not really giving a lot of details so try that.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Yeah, MangaStudio worked for me right away. If you haven't tried it already, it may be helpful to restart your computer and update your tablet drivers. I think really the only instance MS lines won't look good is if you're drawing at a very small resolution.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, I looked for the Help section and totally didn't see it for some reason, and then found it immediately when I looked just now.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I got it working properly.  Uninstalled the drivers, restarted the computer, reinstalled drivers, restarted computer, now it's all fine.

I was really starting to regret spending almost 50 bucks on this software, but now I'm relieved to actually be able to draw for real with it.  Yeah!
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2015, 10:04 PM »
Good to hear! Tablets can be really dumb sometimes, so generally any problem is solved by just reinstalling the drivers and restarting.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

437 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us