Art Diary of an Eternal Student

« on: Jun 05, 2015, 11:30 AM »
This is going to be were I put some arts. These are random pieces, but they are all reflective of my current art skill level - so none of my old stuff is here (that would be too embarrassing). Slowly but surely, I will continue to make more and more art pieces. I'm open to critiques and new ideas. Eventually, I'm gonna submit a character here, but that won't be until a good while. Need to plan some more...

I am primarily self-taught, I only took one art class at community college- Intro to drawing...just thought I'd through that out there.

Re: Art Diary of an Eternal Student
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2015, 11:33 AM »

Just made this today... I am very proud.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2015, 11:36 AM »

This here is a fully body shot of an anthropologist character. Right now he has no personality though, I might further develop him.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2015, 03:34 AM »
I hope what I say next won't discourage you in any way, but I really want to ask a few things.

What program do you use? I mainly ask because from these two drawings you decided to show us, I see no pressure sensitivity. Did you use a mouse to draw these? It isn't really a problem, I just think it would be wise to get a tablet. But again, that is up to you and how you want to work on your drawings.

2nd, and this really should have nothing to do with the Art Program. It's more of a huge nitpick to me: You color out of the lines of the character, or don't fully color it. Especially on the first picture. Why?
The second picture looks better, 'cept one arm is bigger than the other. I could make a masturbation joke, but perhaps it is too soon to go into those

Even if you claim you only took a single class, that shouldn't stop you from looking for Tutorials at deviantART, or tumblr, or any art site of your preference, especially if you recognize yourself as self taught
Keep it up, looking forward to see more of you. :)

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2015, 03:45 AM by elge »

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2015, 03:39 AM »
What the fuck why did I double post.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Hi, thanks for your feedback!

Your right I use a mouse to color. First I draw on regular paper then I scan it into Manga Studio and I go from there. I had a tablet, but it doesn't work anymore.

Sometimes I rush the coloring a bit and it goes outside the lines, I need to learn to be patient.

Thank you for your comments! I'm trying to get my anatomy and proportions down, and now I know I should also focus on my coloring too. I search through art tutorials online from time to time.

Yep, back to the drawing board to tweak some things.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2015, 12:12 AM »
This is a character that I plan on submitting here someday, he is known as Hypolix.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2015, 11:01 AM »
More Hypolix... when I get more stuff put together I will start incubating Hypolix. Here he must combat a pale-looking banana nut muffin.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:43 PM »

« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Some new art from me:

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2017, 10:09 AM »
I've been studying anatomy lately and practicing.

Here is a generic anatomy guy:

Here's the Egg Dealer under anatomical study:

I think I should make him a little bit taller.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2017, 01:13 PM »
good start! but hes a bit top heavy, his legs got a bit too short. Great to see some anatomy studies from you!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Thanks! I've been practicing a lot.

Here's another one I made:

« Reply #13 on: Jul 06, 2018, 11:52 AM »
I've been gone awhile because I've been studying a lot, that English class was a doozy. I also took a figure painting class that I feel was very helpful.

Here are some digital paintings I made earlier this year.

Plus, I'm still working on my Egg Dealer character, I'm making the intro comic super nice!

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2018, 01:02 PM »
Made this earlier this year... it's a sexy woman!

This was made after the above image... it's the Egg Dealer before he became the Egg Dealer, then known as Snappy.

Both above images took a long time to color because I was going for a painterly look and feel.

Then I made this big voluptuous man like a few months ago...

« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2018, 02:21 PM »
I made this in Procreate. I was trying all sorts of brushes and I used some of the
charcoals to make this beauty. I was aiming for a classical feel.

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:00 AM »
I was playing with different layer modes as I made this. :)

« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Camping out in the egg section...

« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2018, 09:40 PM »
This is some buildings and stuff enjoying themselves,just a doodle, really. I made it while I was out and about.

Then a very nice sketch of who else but the Egg Dealer. I worked quickly to see how fast I could go.

And let’s not forget, I saw this in the hospital today:

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Making a difference... one egg at a time

« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2018, 12:49 AM »
This took awhile to make because I kept painting and slowly blending and experimenting until it looked really good.

« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2018, 10:41 AM »
I want to figure out muscles once and for all!

NSFW
Spoiler: ShowHide

« Reply #22 on: Dec 29, 2018, 09:36 AM »
I'm currently working on another BB that will serve to explain the changes I made to the design sheet.
I'm still storyboarding it and everything. :)

« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2019, 02:40 PM »
This is a snippet from my current progress on my next Beyond Battle. It's from Page 1.
I'm also going to be doing math class starting this week, so this might take a while to complete in its entirety.
I want to do good in math for once so I must focus on that too and divide my time wisely.

« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2019, 09:06 PM »
If I were to do the magical girl tournament I would use Twalette, draped in toilette paper.
But, then I thought about it some more and realized I’m way too busy right now, so I’ll just put this here, this is Twalette.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

93 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 121.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us