Nachte is pitching a comic!

Nachte is pitching a comic!
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:13 PM »
Oni-press has open submissions until the end of June and I'm going to be pitching a comic. I'm looking at it as a unique opportunity but I'm not heavily invested in my success (not to say I'm not invested in doing quality work, but that I won't be super let down when I inevitably don't get chosen.)

Me and Six were chatting and making a thread to keep track of my to-do list of the pitch and my art for it came up and it seemed like a good idea!

Heres my To-do List:

- A logline - [what’s the idea/concept]
- A one-page synopsis / overview - A short summary that contextualizes who your project is for and how it fits into the marketplace
- A 3-5 page outline - give us the full beginning, middle and end of your story so we can see your execution.
- A sample script containing at least two scenes, consisting of at least eight pages and no more than twenty pages.
- At least 8 sample pages of sequentials from the project being pitched.

I'm pitching a baseball comic called Crimson Bat about a Japanese freshman who moves to Texas and has to adapt the world of American Highschool Baseball.

I'll be posting art and outlines and ect in this thread to keep me going and motivated. Heres a bunch of concept work I've done for it:

The Protag, Takahashi, who is still lacking a first name.

Dallas, the jaded catcher whose pissed his highschool team is terrible after a golden run in little league.

Tate the centerfielder and dubious 'captain' of the team before Takahashi shows up. His father works in the oil refineries, and his sister is a cheerleader/brigadette/prom committee social butterfly who while younger tends to be the mother hen.

(tate's original last name was dallas but it's been swapped)

Elijawa is a Creole first baseman and with Tate acts as the tenative glue for the very lackluster team.

Warm ups and some ink tests.

I'm wrapping up my last week of finals in college right now but tomorrow's goal is to get the preview pages scripted and thumbed and start on the 3-5page outline.

Also if you played baseball in highschool man, please tell me, I've got a buncha questions to ask about that.

Re: Nachte is pitching a comic!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Cool stuff ~ Good luck Nachte! :D

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

545 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 563.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us