Brand New Suggestions Thread

* Merge Archive with Tags
* AJAX Playlists
* AJAX Tags
* Books: Option should exist to delete books from this page
* Books: User member names and link to profile
* Hitlist and Playlist notifications
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2015, 10:56 AM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Actually have comics on the 'home' page.

Where is side bar??? Yeah I have same things on top of the page, but it's really hidden and I liked the side bar....

Also I feel like the website has really template-ish and general feel to it, it's... to light?
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:55 PM »
on a high resolution screen, the comic pages get all cramped on one side like so:

And when you try to post a picture that's larger than the forum limits, it doesn't resize it like it used to? Yeah, it just cuts it.
Cant click on it to see it properly either.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:31 PM »
when you click the forum tab you get "Latest Topics" under the forum but if you go into the forum the latest topics vanishes- I liked that, or somethin at least to show what topics have been recently updated while I'm in the forum. Or like how the buttons used to turn red if theres unread topics inside like the "art jams" icon or whatever.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2015, 08:38 PM »
I know we've had hitlists and playlists and I'm not sure if we have the feature I'm going to suggest but can we have a notification?  Like if we follow an artist we really like, is there a way we could get like an email or pm notification when that artist posts a comic?

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:26 PM »
For some reason, we have the original Queen of Void match listed under it's own specific thing. However, current Queen and King of Void is listed as Tournament. There should probably be some kind of matching on that.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2015, 12:05 AM »
changes to archive and categories are already under way
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Delete Manager

Could you reconsider? The Manager is the only to access the webcomic manager, it's minor but it gets annoying having to go through "manage my characters" to get to the manager.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:53 PM »
I have no idea how technical this is but users being able to directly upload their custom thumbnails without emailing would be great!

I like the floating "maintenance continues" thing here, since you can't really miss it. maybe you could use something of a similar fashion for upcoming events in the future? like a headline and then a link to the actual news page for details?

I liked it when you could see the latest comments/new characters ect on the right side of the page, it disappears once you go into a thread as well as "latest topics". Edit: oops that one has already been mentioned, my bad!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:39 AM »
I'm getting a big empty feeling from most of the site right now. Too much white space.

Also, do we really need the arrow button in the lower right-hand corner to take you back to the top?
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2015, 05:57 AM »
Did not even notice that. Wow that taking to top is slow too.

Oh yeah: BRING THE BACKGROUND BACK and the header imagesss
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015, 06:00 AM by His Lordship Wu AT-AT »

« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:27 AM »
I'm not sure if the older headers would work because the size of the site itself is drastically different, but that means new headers if we go that route! I do agree about something needing to be in the background to break up the white space.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:43 AM »
Actually have comics on the 'home' page.

Where is side bar??? Yeah I have same things on top of the page, but it's really hidden and I liked the side bar....
Both should now be back

Also I feel like the website has really template-ish and general feel to it, it's... to light?
I don't know what to tell you
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:48 AM »
on a high resolution screen, the comic pages get all cramped on one side like so:

And when you try to post a picture that's larger than the forum limits, it doesn't resize it like it used to? Yeah, it just cuts it.
Cant click on it to see it properly either.
The site's new theme that was released last week was Step 1 of a whole host of planned changes and improvements for throughout the site.  Since the changes were done 'in place' instead of separate from the live site like I normally do, I was limited to how much I could change while 99% of the site were still on the old, then-current, theme.

That said, I have an idea for comic thumbs... and it will likely forever break the custom thumb collage images some people have used over the years.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:52 AM »
when you click the forum tab you get "Latest Topics" under the forum but if you go into the forum the latest topics vanishes- I liked that, or somethin at least to show what topics have been recently updated while I'm in the forum.
This is back now, pretty much everywhere.

Or like how the buttons used to turn red if theres unread topics inside like the "art jams" icon or whatever.
Indeed.  I tried to make one, but my image editor wasn't up to the task and I haven't downloaded something better yet.  That said, if anyone wants to make one for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.  My plan was to simply take this and turn it red:

« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:54 AM »
To be fair, this won't be the first time full image custom thumbs will get destroyed. That happened when the # of thumbs per row changed like 2 years ago too.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:56 AM »
I know we've had hitlists and playlists and I'm not sure if we have the feature I'm going to suggest but can we have a notification?  Like if we follow an artist we really like, is there a way we could get like an email or pm notification when that artist posts a comic?
I very much want the same.  Going on the list!

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:01 AM »
Delete Manager

Could you reconsider? The Manager is the only to access the webcomic manager, it's minor but it gets annoying having to go through "manage my characters" to get to the manager.
It's back.  For now.  But I'm still going to try and eliminate it by moving these links and functionality elsewhere.

I was under the impression no one was using webcomics, so I may have questions for you in the future.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:04 AM »
I have no idea how technical this is but users being able to directly upload their custom thumbnails without emailing would be great!
Going on the list!

I like the floating "maintenance continues" thing here, since you can't really miss it. maybe you could use something of a similar fashion for upcoming events in the future? like a headline and then a link to the actual news page for details?
That's the plan!

« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Web comics haven't really been used because we've been horrible at advertising that it's a feature and made it kind of weird to set up. Something that should definitely be fixed.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:12 AM »

Here you go. It's the same color as the entervoid logo's "void"

« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2015, 11:13 AM »
Oh yeah: BRING THE BACKGROUND BACK and the header imagesss
Background image is a maybe.  There's something I wanted to try but didn't get the chance to before going live.

Header images...
The old ones aren't going to work on the new theme.  New ones are being discussed, and I'm sure we'll come up with something.  What's there now was simply an example meant as a proof of concept.  I'm not sure they're in their 'final form' yet, but once we're sure how we're moving ahead, a post will go up spelling out how the community can create new ones.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Kevin,

If the thumbs break for collages, if people want, can they just send you new "generic" ones to fix that problem, if applicable?

« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Yeah.

When the time comes, I'll make a big post about it.

« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2015, 03:24 PM »
Unless there's a blanket way to do it, that could potentially be a lot of effort to fix. I know I personally wouldn't want to have to go through a ton of comic folders and reupload thumbnails. Most of my comics had full image thumbs that got broken in the last layout change and it wasn't that big of a deal.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

291 Guests, 4 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us