Bugs Thread

Re: Bugs Thread
« Reply #50 on: Aug 28, 2015, 01:43 AM »
damn, it wont let me choose one either might be my computer

edit: I tried Chrome and explorer still don't see any of the default avatars either
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2015, 01:46 AM by graphicDREAMER »
Life is a series of sent messages and awaited responses.

« Reply #51 on: Aug 28, 2015, 01:59 AM »
Upload the image to an image hosting service, like Sta.sh or imgur and use that.
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #52 on: Aug 28, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Less so a bug, more so a suggestion I guess? Right now it doesnt seem like there's any kind of confirmation button for extending a battle deadline, so just accidentally pushing it is really easy to do.
Minions, assemble!

« Reply #53 on: Aug 28, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Okay, some of you who saw the notification thing light up probably had comics you could post through that menu. I've modified it so it only lights up the day before your comic is due, so it won't bother you during your entire drawing period.

« Reply #54 on: Sep 03, 2015, 01:27 PM »
well if i update my characters bio i dont get a biography displayed anymore... i tried unretiring leema in an attempt to get a different result... and got a wierd encrypted line instead.
dunno wheather that counts

« Reply #55 on: Sep 03, 2015, 09:40 PM »
View All is busted on the Characters Page.

« Reply #56 on: Sep 04, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Bios should be fixed, so please let me know if you experience problems again. Sorry Elyan and everyone else this bug affected!

« Reply #57 on: Sep 04, 2015, 11:50 AM »
damn, it wont let me choose one either might be my computer

edit: I tried Chrome and explorer still don't see any of the default avatars either

Best bet it to host the image on something like tinypic.com and choose "specify avatar by URL".
I was going to take a look at what you were trying to do but right now you just have it set to no avatar.

« Reply #58 on: Sep 05, 2015, 12:02 AM »
sorry... just tried it and it doesnt work.

« Reply #59 on: Sep 05, 2015, 01:34 AM »
sorry... just tried it and it doesnt work.

I dunno if this was the same problem I had, but were you copying and pasting from a word document or did you type in the bio directly?
I learned the Bio section REALLY hates " and  ' when pasted because Word formatted them differently or something and so the editor will update with a blank profile if you had any of those in your text (I'm gonna assume other characters the editor doesn't recognize will do the same thing too) :0 if you weren't pasting anything in then it's probably a different bug...?

« Reply #60 on: Sep 05, 2015, 04:15 AM »
I know a mobile-friendly version of this site is still a work-in-progress but I've been having more problems with it than usual

- The icons still stack when you view it on mobile (except for collabs apparently)
- Opening it in chrome mobile (2nd screencap) looks a little better but then the background is messed up D:
- So the sidebar stuff for both have been moved to the bottom instead of the side... but the navigation seems to have gotten more difficult for some reason, at least for me anyway? There are a few links that won't respond no matter how many times I click it such as "Void > Forum > etc"
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2015, 04:16 AM by Evi »

« Reply #61 on: Sep 05, 2015, 11:45 PM »
no its exactly what i did... or better i copied from the browser and pasted it. after that didnt work i tried through a document from word wich didnt work either after the bugfix.
i might just rewrite my bio but i´m not very keen to do so.
but well... i encountered the issue first when updating image files not touching the bio and suddenly there was a empty bio.
not bad all in all... might motivateme getting that bio and bb done... for reference

« Reply #62 on: Sep 06, 2015, 12:33 AM »
You don't necessarily have to completely rewrite the bio. When you paste it in you have to look for the symbols it hates then manually replace it, for example "I´m" into "I'm"
it's still a tedious process bc you have to find ALL of them, but I would imagine it's a little better than a rewrite haha

Bobo please fix dis D;

« Reply #63 on: Sep 06, 2015, 01:34 AM »
thx. that worked.. but still its wierd.

« Reply #64 on: Sep 07, 2015, 12:05 PM »
The thing that kills me is that I just tested using apostrophes, and it worked for me. Anyone who has encountered this issue, please email or PM me the exact text that you ran into problems with, and I'll figure out what I've missed and get it fixed. Sorry for the problems!

« Reply #65 on: Sep 28, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Maybe it's just waiting to update or whatever, but my comic with Underwood hasn't shown up yet on My Comic Details. I'm not sure if it's just slow or whatever, but it usually happens once the comic becomes 'Recently Completed'.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind! It's actually just before all of my other comics since this page was created first. Learn something new everyday.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2015, 09:41 AM by GOD DAMN IT ROFLQU »

« Reply #66 on: Sep 28, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Hi I've just joined and I'm looking forward to getting involved with Entervoid. I have just uploaded my character however the size of my comic is massive compared to how it looks when I uploaded it in the manager, which looks like this...

I've tried uploading new, smaller size images but it doesn't seem to have replaced the original sized files. Can any one help?

« Reply #67 on: Sep 28, 2015, 09:47 AM »
You can't change the files after the comic is posted. The best thing is to double check your output settings before you upload. Anything between 800 pixels and 1000 pixels wide at 72dpi will look best on the site. If you're using Photoshop, use the "Save for Web & Devices" menu option to get an optimized JPEG or PNG.

You could try contacting one of the Admins to see if they will let you change the files.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #68 on: Sep 28, 2015, 10:21 AM »
Were dealing with a potential bug in the system that does this sort of thing. Your best bet is to contact Bobo to fix the issue.

Im suspecting the system keeps the first uploaded pages, even when you replace them, bit again, we're working on fixing it asap. Sorry for the bug!

« Reply #69 on: Sep 28, 2015, 10:39 AM »
When you upload smaller pages, try renaming them. If the file name is the same as the giant page, sometimes your browser will cache the giant page and think the smaller one is the same. I can manually replace pages if you email them to me, as well. I think you've already contacted us at our staff email, so we'll be sure to take care of you, but those are just some other suggestions for future issues.

« Reply #70 on: Sep 28, 2015, 12:19 PM »
I wonder if we should bring back the feature that keeps pages from uploading too big? I know before the limit was way too small, but I think 1000-1200 pixels wide max wouldn't be unreasonable. We've had a lot of comics uploaded recently that displayed at 3000 pixels wide and up when they weren't meant to be that large, so it's worth considering.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #71 on: Sep 28, 2015, 06:46 PM »
I think if something like that was to be changed regarding comic size limits, you should probably put a disclaimer on the uploader or somewhere conveniently seen that if in fact you DO want something larger, to contact the appropriate people to upload it. We've certainly seen comics over the years that are intended to be larger since they're of an experimental nature.

« Reply #72 on: Oct 07, 2015, 06:04 AM »
It seems that the "View All" and "View Active" links on the main Characters page are broken. The page only shows the active characters list, and won't toggle to the full list of characters.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #73 on: Oct 13, 2015, 08:40 AM »
The site is moving insanely slow the past few days. I know it's not just me. It's making it hard to look at anything on the site.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #74 on: Oct 13, 2015, 09:12 AM »
The site is moving insanely slow the past few days. I know it's not just me. It's making it hard to look at anything on the site.

It's not just you. I'll click a link, walk away, do something else, come back & MAYBE the site's loaded after like three minutes or so. It's a bummer. I've noticed it doing something a bit similar before weeks ago, but only for like a day or so. At the time, I just wrote it off as the site was getting worked on I think. But it's worse this time around.

EDIT: And I've noticed it on both my work mac (firefox, but just now gave safari a whirl & same diff) & my phone.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2015, 09:18 AM by Kuro »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

95 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 121.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us