Bugs Thread
« on: Mar 24, 2015, 12:18 PM »
Brand new Bugs thread

* Vote Check isn't sending emails to people warned
* Tags
* Insert Quote during thread reply not working
* Menu spacing while no button is "active"
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2015, 10:14 AM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Notification box arrow is off from the circle thing (and honestly is pretty hidden) and :hovers mess up the links
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Firefox:

Chrome [not logged in]:

I then logged into chrome and it just had an issue similar to the firefox one/with the text bleeding down when you hover over the links.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2015, 05:24 PM »
I can't get a screenshot. I'm on Firefox and when I go into the 'open challenges', I'm seeing Clydesdale Horse's name show up in the mouseover text for someone else's character.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:00 PM »
I see how you mean, mine does it too

hahaha thats not Lilyfeather at all!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:30 PM »
There doesn't seem to be an option to properly delete or edit tags, any new one you enter automatically deletes everything else you've previously entered. Also it shows an error page whenever you try to update them! (says you can't make any changes to the comic, but it does update)

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:33 AM »

I don't think both of these are suppose to say vs Kars haha
It should just be:
Boom and Meredith vs Kars
Boom and Meredith vs Herz/Hirn/Egon

On another note:
When Herz/Hirn/Egon applied for an open challenged, it made my little alarm bell orange saying "You have 1 challenge" which is a little odd cause it can be confusing and seem like the challenge is specifically for YOU and not just an open challenge. Also I cannot get the alert to go away- it stays orange and active no matter if I accept the challenge or click it and ignore the challenge.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2015, 12:45 AM by One Hobbit To Rule Them All »

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2015, 02:58 PM »
Is it possible to make the latest topics bar appear at the bottom of every page in the forum? It's a little annoying to have to go back to the front page every time to see what has a new reply.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:00 AM »
Also, quote-button still doesn't work for me.

I use Firefox with ABP and Greasemonkey (no scripts for this site) if that helps.

The font/spacing/style of the top bar links are different in the front page and sub pages.
EDIT: the right padding/margin is different.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2015, 06:03 AM by His Lordship Wu AT-AT »
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Is it possible to make the latest topics bar appear at the bottom of every page in the forum? It's a little annoying to have to go back to the front page every time to see what has a new reply.
Should be there now.
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:39 AM »
Hi. The Captcha on the registration screen seems to be broken. An artist on another forum I frequent is trying to join here, but there isn't any obvious way to rotate the images to put them in proper orientation. I logged out and tried myself, using Firefox on Linux Mint. It looks like one static image of the same picture in different degrees of rotation (almost like an animation sprite spread out left to right) that does not respond to clicks, and there are no control buttons.

I hope that helps.

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Hi. The Captcha on the registration screen seems to be broken. An artist on another forum I frequent is trying to join here, but there isn't any obvious way to rotate the images to put them in proper orientation. I logged out and tried myself, using Firefox on Linux Mint. It looks like one static image of the same picture in different degrees of rotation (almost like an animation sprite spread out left to right) that does not respond to clicks, and there are no control buttons.

I hope that helps.
Try now

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2015, 09:58 AM »
I see how you mean, mine does it too

hahaha thats not Lilyfeather at all!
This should be fixed now (I actually just removed the mouseover text for now.  I'll address it for real later)

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:00 AM »

I don't think both of these are suppose to say vs Kars haha
It should just be:
Boom and Meredith vs Kars
Boom and Meredith vs Herz/Hirn/Egon
This should be fixed, though I didn't get a chance to verify.  Please let me know if you still see issues.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:06 AM »
There doesn't seem to be an option to properly delete or edit tags, any new one you enter automatically deletes everything else you've previously entered. Also it shows an error page whenever you try to update them! (says you can't make any changes to the comic, but it does update)
Tags, in my opinion, never worked that well to begin with.  For the moment, I don't care that they're more broken than they used to be - I'll be overhauling the entire system soon.  What I may do is disable the feature for now so people don't frustrate themselves.

« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:08 AM »

I hope that helps.
Try now

Registration works now, although the rotate the picture captcha is gone in case that's not what you intended. There is only the type the letters captcha now.

« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Also, quote-button still doesn't work for me.
"Insert Quote" in the Topic Summary while replying?  That hasn't worked for me in a long time, though I've never looked into it.  Adding to the list.

The font/spacing/style of the top bar links are different in the front page and sub pages.
EDIT: the right padding/margin is different.
That was mildly annoying me while developing the current skin.  Not entirely sure what to do about it, though.  I'll see what I can do, but may have to live with it for a while.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:26 AM »
Firefox:

Chrome [not logged in]:

I then logged into chrome and it just had an issue similar to the firefox one/with the text bleeding down when you hover over the links.
This should now be fixed

« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:37 AM »
On another note:
When Herz/Hirn/Egon applied for an open challenged, it made my little alarm bell orange saying "You have 1 challenge" which is a little odd cause it can be confusing and seem like the challenge is specifically for YOU and not just an open challenge. Also I cannot get the alert to go away- it stays orange and active no matter if I accept the challenge or click it and ignore the challenge.
I don't doubt this is real, but I can't recreate it.  Someone please let me know the next time this happens.

« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2015, 01:43 PM »
I think I found a bug in the collapse icons (the arrows on the right of the headers on the main page)

News collapses fine, but when you collapse Comics to Vote On, it also collapses News.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2015, 03:03 PM »
I think I found a bug in the collapse icons (the arrows on the right of the headers on the main page)

News collapses fine, but when you collapse Comics to Vote On, it also collapses News.
Fixed

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:43 AM »
My notifications circle is red and active, but there seems to be no new messages.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:45 AM »
My notifications circle is red and active, but there seems to be no new messages.
This should be fixed now.  It was lit up for Staff to post a comic, but without a Staff check, it was lighting up for everyone.

« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2015, 12:38 PM »
I'm trying to update some pages on an intro comic. I've uploaded them like 3 times and they won't change to the new ones. Help!

« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2015, 01:17 PM »
Shoot 'em my way: toast[member=776]enterVOID[/member].com

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

TheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkosDrawura

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 15, 2024, 12:08 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

110 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 122.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us