Short and Sweet

Re: Short and Sweet
« Reply #100 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:17 PM »
( fyi i still put everything last minute too, so it's not like I'm blameless lol)
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #101 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:24 PM »
I joined, I defaulted, I feel stupid about it.

But it's just a picture of baby. We'll live.

« Reply #102 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:30 PM »
Jho, you've got that wisdom.. but it was actually a 3 page min ;D

Damn, that's like a few hours worth of work in a month.

But it's just a picture of baby. We'll live.

That's why I don't understand the anger over it. Like, who cares?

« Reply #103 on: Sep 06, 2014, 11:21 PM »
damn jho, I forgot I wasnt on tumblr and was straight up looking for a reblog button.

« Reply #104 on: Sep 07, 2014, 01:19 AM »
Well if I had stressed myself out about a VOID battle only to later log in to find myself being called a "dumb baby" it would have been pretty humiliating and upsetting personally. Dunno about you?? And I know the difference between a friendly jab and actually being a dick. You can be accustomed to being as harsh as you want to people but it doesn't mean you can just tack "lol jk" on the end of everything you do and expect to be blameless for every genuinely dick move. Fuck, i work in an animation studio full of men who are always taking jabs at each other but occasionally i still have to be like "oi, you can't actually say things like that." And I totally agree with you on the whole thing about being respectful of rules even in a recreational setting like this but that's literally not what I am talking about - I'm talking about what the mods have done. There's many ways people could have been "punished" (but really? What are you our parents??) but this is equivalent to everyone pointing and laughing at other people's expense. It doesn't really gel with the whole community spirit thing I typically expect from VOID. I would think of all people the mods would be more mature about it.

« Reply #105 on: Sep 07, 2014, 01:45 AM »
Becs has some pretty good points

« Reply #106 on: Sep 07, 2014, 02:07 AM »
sure but fyi, my post was not only directed at you, but also for others so while the whole respect thing is not your point, it bears repeating because lots of people defaults anyway without thinking about their opponent (which pretty much happens all the time since 2002)

the problem that I don't understand is why it needed to be stressed over so hard? I literally don't understand.

IF you worked hard, submitted then get called dumb baby then I can understand how it sucks, heck I will get angry too. but if you defaulted and called dumb baby -PERSONALLY- I won't get offended because hey, shit, I fucked up, whatever.

I guess in the end it's pretty subjective. Like i said, it was all connected- if you put on work everything is fine, if you defaulted then you just have to think about priorities.

I still don't understand how the title change affects people so personally though IF they do fucked up (defaulted).

I still don't understand is why it needed to be stressed over so hard. it's for fun, we sign up to battle for fun (w/ caveat we do commit on finishing)

where the stress came from?
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #107 on: Sep 07, 2014, 02:36 AM »
I don't think you can fault people for being stressed seeing as everyone is different and reacts to pressure differently. If you work in comics maybe you are more accustomed to it. I personally tend to get stressed and anxious at every single thing I ever have to do because it's how my brain is wired up lol.

« Reply #108 on: Sep 07, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Fun fact, the dumb baby picture is of Wei when he was younger.

Much much younger.

Much much much much much much much much younger

« Reply #109 on: Sep 07, 2014, 01:26 PM »

« Reply #110 on: Sep 07, 2014, 05:53 PM »
^^ Our next Tournament ^^ (The only question is...does it require intros?)

« Reply #111 on: Sep 07, 2014, 07:32 PM »
Fun fact, the dumb baby picture is of Wei when he was younger.

Much much younger.Much much much much much much much much younger

there should be at least two more 'much' es in there.....at least two more.

Now I am NOT saying that people shouldn't(double negative-fuck off I am tired-I just finished spending a couple hours critiqing all the comics that WERE submitted for this event) feel free to express their thoughts on this matter*...even the people who were not involved...not affected....and have never or would never default...go ahead and express your opinions about this here I am reading everything....I always read and consider everything...have done and will do.

But at the same time I would ask on behalf of the artists who DID in fact submit....also go and review, vote and critique the comics that are up for this event....they deserve it

This site is about making comics and sharing a love of comics....not just sitting around and talking big on a messageboard or a chatroom about alo the things you wish you could or want to do...its about doing and helping people to do it....so go share some love with the people that made some comics.
http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=comic;id=5021

*just clarifying that because so many people are claiming to not have understood me fully or my intentions, read or take seriously what I write or are choosing to misrepresent the facts.

-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #112 on: Sep 08, 2014, 03:30 AM »
oh man, it totally smells pussy in here...

« Reply #113 on: Sep 08, 2014, 04:05 AM »

ha ha..oh Sheldon :D

i sure Miss the trash talk ha ha

Void always was that site,..if your willing to progress and you show that for ya in your works ,then all is cool,if you kept complaining about ''i wanna'' and showed ''i 'm not doing anything''/I'm defaulting'' ..you got burned.

Can't we all just draw and shut up ! and there, when needed help each other.

« Reply #114 on: Sep 08, 2014, 04:20 AM »

ha ha..oh Sheldon :D

i sure Miss the trash talk ha ha

Void always was that site,..if your willing to progress and you show that for ya in your works ,then all is cool,if you kept complaining about ''i wanna'' and showed ''i 'm not doing anything''/I'm defaulting'' ..you got burned.

Can't we all just draw and shut up ! and there, when needed help each other.

this

« Reply #115 on: Sep 08, 2014, 06:23 AM »

I was scared Void had changed.

Nope. Ah, memories. Now we just need a few people throwing some 'cacks' around and we're golden.

« Reply #116 on: Sep 08, 2014, 07:24 AM »
It had changed. This is a recent development. There is no such thing as constructive criticism in Australia.

« Reply #117 on: Sep 08, 2014, 11:56 AM »
It had changed. This is a recent development. There is no such thing as constructive criticism in Australia.

Damnit, this is what happens when you let stray Sheldons in then.

« Reply #118 on: Sep 08, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Aw, but he was just so adorable. What were we supposed to do, leave him out in the rain? ;-)

« Reply #119 on: Sep 08, 2014, 11:09 PM »

It's true, we're all BORN HARD.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

103 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 136.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us