Short and Sweet

Re: Short and Sweet
« Reply #50 on: Aug 18, 2014, 06:24 PM »
FYI, mine's like super gay y'all 8)

« Reply #51 on: Aug 19, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I'm embarrassingly far behind on mine but it's getting there.. slowly.

Also, somebody else's pages were appearing on my "Submit Comic" page. I don't know if it's happening with anyone else but it seems like something worth addressing. I didn't read them, of course, and deleted them.

« Reply #52 on: Aug 20, 2014, 01:03 AM »
Oh thanks Ahmed, I wouldn't have checked my submit section until last minute.
It seems I am submitting for Mintely??

« Reply #53 on: Aug 20, 2014, 02:09 AM »

oh weird im having the same problem lol

« Reply #54 on: Aug 20, 2014, 04:43 AM »
Yo, yeh,
Mine is saying, "By Ahmed",
so duude,
you deleted my pages  xD;;;

And Kent, I am totally looking forward to yours now.

Mine is super cheesy. It's really takes the "sweet" part of the short and sweet to heart.
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #55 on: Aug 20, 2014, 06:37 AM »
Everyone hang on with the uploading for now... Kevin is going to take a look and see what is going on with that.

« Reply #56 on: Aug 20, 2014, 07:38 AM »
Oh no, we've done it, we broke void. Mostly I'm blaming Rob though..

« Reply #57 on: Aug 20, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Whaaat? No, it's not my fault, Blame the Univer---OH. Oh wait.

Shit.
// get on my finger, carl! \\

« Reply #58 on: Aug 20, 2014, 01:56 PM »
I motion to have any incompletes be given a new icon and title that says "I'M A DUMB BABY"

« Reply #59 on: Aug 20, 2014, 05:25 PM »
I motion to have any incompletes be given a new icon and title that says "I'M A DUMB BABY"
I second that motion. please don't let this bite me in the butt lol

« Reply #60 on: Aug 20, 2014, 06:09 PM »
I know what the problem is... just trying to reorient myself with the code.

Temporary setback.

EDIT:
Think I got it.  Please let me know if anyone still has an issue.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2014, 06:33 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #61 on: Sep 01, 2014, 05:09 PM »

motion passed

AND

Wei Ingnan: it will be extremely helpful if EVERYONE would state in comments for match when they have uploaded AND would e-mail the pages to me and Red(make sure to include your username in the e-mail)...this will help us sort out and fix any issues that have or may occour

weiingnan@gmail.com

bdotscotts@gmail.com

this includes people that have already uploaded
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2014, 05:34 PM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #62 on: Sep 01, 2014, 06:00 PM »

motion passed

I'M SO HAPPY

better watch out guys >:3

« Reply #63 on: Sep 01, 2014, 10:11 PM »
just trying to reorient myself with the code.
Does it count as "re"-orienting when someone else has come in and torn everything to shreds? It looks like whatever you did fixed it, so I am eternally grateful that you were able to dive into my clearly poorly-written code!

« Reply #64 on: Sep 02, 2014, 01:42 PM »
OK....so we have finally sussed out all of the hiccups and solved all the mysteries....we have never had an event like this one and there were definitely issues and also disapointments.

All of the issues have been worked out and we just need Kevin to make some tweaks and fixes as he is able and it will go up for viewing and voting shortly.....just be a little more patient....this was a very new and very large event.

As for the disapointments, well I will let you each judge and respond individually as you see fit.

« Reply #65 on: Sep 05, 2014, 06:12 PM »
* Not meeting requirements will result in automatic disqualification from Tourney for the Artist as well as the chance to be shamed by all of their peers.

This event has been designed to challenge and educate those that choose to take part....engaging... in... the creation of a fully realized and finished comic within the alotted time and page count ....…..so take it seriously and consider your current situation and abilities before entering…. nobody likes a default

and there we go

anyone wishing to have the status and icon permanently removed can submit a 3-5 page FINISHED comic of any nature including a 4 week or less deadline and send notification to me once they have done so.
Kent had a finished comic ready (but missed the deadline) and will be doing just this after the voting for the event is over....otherwise he will also receive the same shame

« Reply #66 on: Sep 05, 2014, 06:44 PM »
That... that wasn't part of the rules of the tournament Wei. No one signed up for this battle agreeing to suffer a punishment upon failure. Sure the icon swap is a funny joke, if they could change it back, say once voting is over. But forcing people to draw a comic to change it back? I don't think that should be allowed. Even if the means to get rid of it is literally "do another battle, since that's what we're here to do."

If we agreed to that at the beginning, it would be fine. But no one did. Yes, this tournament was probably one of the hardest attempts void has done on requiring a complete comic. But the motto "death before default" is supposed to encourage attempting even in the face of failure. That only works because there is no direct consequence on the site for trying and being unsuccessful.

If this is something the mods agreed to implement, then you guys need to put an announcement up about this and make it a gradual change. I personally wouldn't mind some amount of consequence to unsuccessful attempts... somehow... but I still haven't yet come up with a means to do so that doesn't simply discourage people from ever drawing here, or anywhere else.

« Reply #67 on: Sep 05, 2014, 07:40 PM »
This is an invasion of privacy.

No one takes stuff like that in contest rules on here seriously. You should have said you were actually going to do something upfront.

Trust me, the self loathing that comes from not finishing a comic on time is shame enough.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014, 07:55 PM by The BenT One »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #68 on: Sep 05, 2014, 07:42 PM »
*sigh*

« Reply #69 on: Sep 05, 2014, 07:53 PM »
An invasion of privacy? Not that I think this was fair in any way, but that is just silly.

« Reply #70 on: Sep 05, 2014, 07:57 PM »
I reserve the right to view someone changing my profile without my consent as an invasion of privacy. That's my personal feeling.

I did not agree to literal shaming if I did not upload a comic.

That being said, I will finish my comic, but only because I am still interested in drawing/writing it, and not that it will remove a shaming title.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014, 08:00 PM by The BenT One »

« Reply #71 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:00 PM »
You got a new title. No one edited your profile. Even so, what privacy would that be invading? The icon you publicly had displayed is private?

« Reply #72 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:04 PM »
my personal text was replaced and edited. Elements of my profile were changed based on an arbitrary punishment that I did not agree to.

I am annoyed.

I can be annoyed if I damn well please.

(I already changed my personal text back)
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2014, 08:06 PM by The BenT One »

« Reply #73 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Well, yeah. You can mad about that. I never said you couldn't. I don't really understand it, but that's your right.

All I pointed out was that it wasn't an invasion of privacy.

« Reply #74 on: Sep 05, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Indeed. Which is why that post is edited now.

I may have overreacted.

However, I will not be keeping the icon as long as I still have the power to change my own icon to whatever I want.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

428 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 452.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us