PrometheusDraws

PrometheusDraws
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Starting a thread to put some art here.

This is an attempt at coloring one of the pages I'm going to submit here someday.

Re: PrometheusDraws
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:34 PM »
Very nice! I think that you've got a little bit of a proportion problem when it comes to perspective though, especially in that first panel. I think that the attempt to have the dresser in the foreground is a nice touch, but it makes the bed seem tiny and the desk is super small. Also it doesn't make sense since the bed is in the middle of the room in that panel. Really like the last panel, I think you capture his mood very well haha, just try to pay more attention to detail from panel to panel for the sake of consistency. You can always sketch out where everything is in the room as a top view to use as a reference for yourself.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:47 PM »
I agree with Red....but I would say that if you are gonna distort that last panel for a fisheye effect than you need to push it a bit more....also I would suggest using MUCH tighter shots for the first few panels and using the final panel as an establishing shot....you've got three establishing shots here and not enough character
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 05:43 AM »
Wei totally nailed it. This page would look so good with several close-ups before zooming out to an establishing shot. I know we're always going on about backgrounds and not relying on close-ups all the time, but it's all about when to use each technique and when not to. In this case, where all of the action is focused on your one character, having more close-ups can really connect us to how he's feeling. Usually we ask for fewer close-ups because there are multiple characters or other things going on, and we need more information to really establish space and position. But in your case, all it takes is one establishing shot to define where everything is, so you can spend more time zooming right on in to the character's face and show us how he's feeling that way.

I'm super stoked to see you putting thought into your backgrounds and not skimping on them! That's the kind of detail that tells me you're really going to put your heart and soul into making comics, and I'm excited to see you progress and grow here on the site. Please, keep it up!

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! This is one of the reasons I enjoy this site. I'll see if I can re-work this page soon.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07 PM »
A quick drawing I needed to get out of my system.

Quick News
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2014, 05:46 PM »
As if I wasn't absent enough already, I'm probably not going to be posting on here for awhile. I'm about to have my first kid! So I'm thinking I'll post the penciled pages of the comic I never finished, and then hope I can find some time in the near future to be more active here.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

-pd-

Slight update
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:51 AM »
It's been so long! This is just to show I'm alive and got a Pentel Brush Pen for Christmas! Anyways...

First self portrait of 2015!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:46 AM »
only thought... post more stuff. draw more and maybe stick to traditional works if you want? from these 3 the traiditional ones look better to me.

i would love to see more.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:47 PM »
only thought... post more stuff. draw more and maybe stick to traditional works if you want? from these 3 the traiditional ones look better to me.

i would love to see more.

Surprisingly, I have been able to draw quite a bit lately, I just have not posted on this site in forever. I am now working to change that, because the feedback here is valuable. Also, I am still working on finding my comic process, but I do agree that traditional methods are more my strong suit, especially since it is difficult to do lines with a bamboo fun tablet.

Now that I am a little bit of a routine with my son, I should be able to be more active here *fingers crossed*

« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Here's some Void fighter fan art/practice!
Princess Edu by: BlackSpaghetti
Kars by: TenDeadKings

« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:03 AM »
Awesome! Glad to have you back !

« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:34 PM »
Thanks, Red!

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:43 AM »
Here is a colored version of my selfie! Let me know what you think...

« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:57 AM »
I actually liked it better as an ink drawing (which I did really like, btw). The high contrast when you scanned it in makes it look like a photocopy and takes away from the beauty of the original's texture and varying levels of blacks. I'm also not particularly fond of the places where you can see the airbrushed look, especially the right (our right, not the character's) eyebrow. There are a ton of ways you could take the coloring, but I think your flat, cel-shaded-ish look like how you did the beard probably works the best. You might try some gentle gradients if you want to add more depth or shading to the image. Otherwise, I'd just stick to flats or simple cel-shading.

With all that said, I definitely dig your traditional inks! I agree that you should try sticking to them for a while!

« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:07 AM »
I actually liked it better as an ink drawing (which I did really like, btw). The high contrast when you scanned it in makes it look like a photocopy and takes away from the beauty of the original's texture and varying levels of blacks.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to retain the look of the ink when I scan it... I use 'levels' in Photoshop, but it seems to take away...

« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:11 AM »
I'm also not particularly fond of the places where you can see the airbrushed look, especially the right (our right, not the character's) eyebrow

Really my only complaint as well. Probably just flat colors would look best with this. Looking back at your first comic you posted here, your traditional lines have so much more personality.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:24 AM »
Really my only complaint as well. Probably just flat colors would look best with this. Looking back at your first comic you posted here, your traditional lines have so much more personality.

I'm really happy that I was able to get my hands on a scanner and a brush pen; definitely gave me more options than my little tablet. It is so difficult to ink with... Maybe I'll get my hands on a Cintiq someday.

« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Here's the rough pencils for a BB that I worked on 2013 through 2014 VERY occasionally. Still not sure if I'm going to post it, as my ideas for plot are changing more and more...

« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:20 AM »
Here's the scanned black and white version. I tried messing with levels to make the ink more solid, but idk.

« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:39 PM »
Looks pretty good! It's sometimes a difficult thing to do. Just remember to clean up the crap/smudges too. DO MORE OF THIS!

« Reply #21 on: Aug 11, 2015, 11:48 PM »
Hey all!
Here's a test page I made back in May... I thought I'd post it here even though it's been awhile.

« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2015, 11:52 PM »
Then there's this! I made it a couple nights ago to try and get a better feel for cleaner inks and possibly a story. Not sure about the font though...

« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2015, 01:13 AM »
Here's one more because if I'm not going to post for months, might as well post a bunch at once! This was an experiment where I drew out random panels and then created a story to fit them. There's some things I would change, but I stipulated that I not change the frames once in place. Also, it's a little dark in theme.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Haha! It's been so long... I'm back! Will post art soon. (Hopefully a comic as well.)

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

306 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us