Epic Void Collab Poster

Re: Epic Void Collab Poster
« Reply #150 on: Apr 22, 2014, 08:11 AM »
Thanks for all your entries, guys! I'll go through and update the list and see what our final total is sometime today!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #151 on: Apr 22, 2014, 12:28 PM »
List is updated! If you are missing, please let me know! I think I have one last entry rolling in, you guys pretty much got a small extension due to my traveling home from California. We got past 100 characters! Awesome job everyone! I can't get any sort of ETA as I'm not sure how long something like this is going to take to assemble. I have all the characters on one Photoshop document, so now it's just a matter of figuring out how everything will work and resizing/moving people.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #152 on: Apr 22, 2014, 01:14 PM »
if it helps, gwen and regi don't need to be right next to each other like in my entry, you can separate them and move them around if you need to. If you need me to give you those files i can too!

« Reply #153 on: Apr 22, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Florence Ailey is missing on the list
just browsing here and there

« Reply #154 on: Apr 22, 2014, 11:51 PM »
Well this is super late sorry Angie, and yes this is the "real" real Dan, I SWEAR!!

Doodle Dan

High Res http://imageshack.com/a/img841/1050/r4ao.png
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2014, 12:33 PM by Psycho Sean »

« Reply #155 on: Apr 23, 2014, 02:44 AM »
Does the Flying Brick still count as a voider?

« Reply #156 on: Apr 23, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Absolutely Rikun :D The dead are welcome in this poster! Also because he is awesome

« Reply #157 on: Apr 23, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Psycho Sean, you need to make this transparent for me for it to be included!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #158 on: Apr 23, 2014, 11:12 AM »
It's NOT?!
...oh wait i'm stupid i deleted the layer with the tranparent BG and sent the original (face palm)
after Work I'll get right on it, sorry

« Reply #159 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Got it! Here's a preview

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/6907/w6bu.jpg

Still going to likely tweak some things! I tried to keep characters a somewhat consistent size, minus monster characters. The front row is still a little larger than I'd like, I'll probably shrink them down a little. Because of that, I am willing to let a few more characters in! If you're interested, I can probably get 10 more on there. As for general layout, there's no specific method I used. If you got set next to someone you don't like, you're going to have to deal.

Please check and make sure your character is on there! I had to keep tweaking position and sizes so I want to make absolutely sure no one got covered up!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #160 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:45 PM »
AWWW That's lovely ~ nice work, Angie! Nice work EVERYONE!

« Reply #161 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Just a heads up that I updated mine with a slightly different outfit. Im sure that post I made got burried among the others so just gonna say it again. Looking good, angie

« Reply #162 on: Apr 23, 2014, 12:59 PM »
There's a lot of clashing visuals in this current arrangement (which is no surprise, we have over a hundred different drawings from VERY different artists!), but I think some rearranging can be done to add some cohesion and lighten up the visual chaos. It might work better if you organize characters by their line/shading/coloring style to match so that you don't have distinctly different styles fighting for attention. Categorize them by stuff like "soft-painted", "cel-shaded", "thick lineart", "thin lineart", "heavy inks", "flat colors", etc. That, or you could organize them by color, so there's still some uniformity and some way to guide the eye around.

Also there's a funny tangent between Malec Jones and Master Hakase where it looks like Malec now has a hulk hand.

Clyde McDowell's void arm is also being lost in Pothole's mouth.

« Reply #163 on: Apr 23, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Awesome I'll get Gigara done tonight! :D

« Reply #164 on: Apr 23, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Will fix the two tangents! It's too much to completely rearrange the poster by style though.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #165 on: Apr 23, 2014, 01:38 PM »
damn that looks awesome ! and crowded.

i know the whole idea is to get them al on one sheet,..but it is really crowded,so maybey two ''sheets might be an idea.less tangents and more space for the characters?? not complaining just throwing a suggestion.

in anyway ,awesome that you put the effort in it Angie !

« Reply #166 on: Apr 23, 2014, 01:45 PM »
The print size is 36X24 inches, so there shouldn't be any issues of characters getting lost among the masses. The characters will all be together on one thing because it's meant to be kind of a Where's Waldo image.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #167 on: Apr 23, 2014, 02:08 PM »
There's a lot of clashing visuals in this current arrangement (which is no surprise, we have over a hundred different drawings from VERY different artists!)

I think this summed it up without the extra paragraph on how she can basically start all over again from the start. Personally, I think dividing them all up by style would be a pointless and time consuming exercise, and would create a poster that looked all divided up, rather than an equal mix of everyone everywhere, which is what Void is. I think the current version represents Void perfectly, and I appreciate all of the work that Heather put into arranging, collecting, and assembling this, just as she did with the Anthologies as well.

« Reply #168 on: Apr 23, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I just got my computer back from the shop, is it too late to do one for this ?

« Reply #169 on: Apr 23, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Go for it! I'm letting 10 more in!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #170 on: Apr 23, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Saving my spot with a preview image~

My account with Frog bucket expired so here's a dropboxxxx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bxavm6bb98w1tx/AGENTBLACKMASTERFinish.png
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2014, 03:49 PM by Monday »

« Reply #171 on: Apr 23, 2014, 04:16 PM »
Holy crap it's awesome!! And yay Monday I was super sad that you didn't do anything before, it wouldn't be the same without you.

« Reply #172 on: Apr 23, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Look at those long luscious locks.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #173 on: Apr 23, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Wow! Epically done!! I'm glad I was able to take part! (/ > v <)/
Thanks for putting it together! <3

« Reply #174 on: Apr 23, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Ughhh college wifi flags image sharing sites so I can't see it yet.

Will look at it later.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

92 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 136.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us