Upheaval (Ongoing Event)

Upheaval (Ongoing Event)
« on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:51 AM »

Citizens of Caelum, Lithium, and Void: this is a special broadcast brought to you by the Horizon Foundation.

Last week, Mayor Veronica K. Nightingale and Lithium Owner Xia signed a mutual agreement to help strengthen the bonds between the Cities of Caelum and Lithium.  Xia has allowed the Horizon foundation to assist her Hiemium mining operations in exchange for a fair share of the crystals to be sent to Caelum City.

But what is Hiemium, and why is it so important?  Hiemium is a crystal that is mined from the meteorite that destroyed Void City last year.  Alone, it is just like any other gem, but when exposed to V-Element Particles it releases energy that can be harnessed by Horizon's technology as a new power source.  V-Element Particles are molecules released into the air whenever any meta uses their powers, therefore it is commonly found in Void City.  When refined and properly applied, Hiemium can even power an entire city.

However, Hiemium is extremely dangerous for an untrained individual to handle.  Introducing too much V-element to an unrefined shard of Hiemium can cause the Hiemium to become volatile.  Due to the careless distribution of Hiemium before the Horizon Foundation's intervention there are shards of Hiemium floating around Caelum, Lithim, and Void City.  If you discover you have a shard of Hiemium, contact the Horizon Foundation immediately.  Any individual that submits shards of Hiemium will be compensated for their cooperation.

The Horizon Foundation only wishes to improve the lives of all non-metas, and with Hiemium we can move towards a safer and----futur------meta--------

FFFZZTTTT----RRRTTTTTZZZZZZZTTTTZZZZZZ---

....Yo, are you listenin' to this shit!? This is DJ Groundhog representin' the Lithium Resistance and I'm here to dispel all the bullshit Horizon's been spewin'.

First off, that Hiemium shit? Yeah it does what they say it does, but did you know that it also POWERS UP metas as a side effect?  Horizon doesn't want anyone to know that because they're all scared that some metas are gonna collect a whole bunch of rocks and get so strong that their anti-meta shit wont work anymore. 

That's why they forced Boss Xia into that deal.  Right now as I speak, Nightingale's private little army is guarding the meteor site and all the raw Hiemium deposits are closed off to pretty much everybody.  Until Boss Xia can fight back, Caelum is taking 80% of Hiemium that's mined and sending it to thier little sky paradise.  THIS IS BULLSHIT.

If anyone out there has or finds any Hiemium from before the mines were closed off, do NOT give it to Horizon.  Join the Lithium Resistance and let's get these Sky-Bastards out of our city!
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2014, 03:53 AM by Majikura »

Re: Upheaval (Ongoing Event)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:51 AM »
The Battle for Hiemium is underway, which side will you take?

(Banner by Skulls)

Lithium Resistance:

Caelum Enforcers:

New Void City Reconstruction:
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2016, 05:01 PM by Majikura »

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:51 AM »
[reserved]

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2014, 04:52 AM »
I am on this like a hipster on a thrift shop run.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:02 AM »
Well shitty mctitty balls I am so super excited fuck yes lets do this

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2014, 02:37 PM »
awesome.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:32 PM »
I love this, such a clever way of making "canon community" I hope to see more.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Well there will never be a canon Void, but it's always cool seeing people all joining together to be part of one big story.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2014, 12:39 AM »
COOLIO.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:51 AM »

"Hiemium miners going to work under heavy guard" - Jones. Photos of the Hiemium Conflicts. 3255

« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Veronica is the mayor?!
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:43 PM »
Of Caelum,

Agent Blonde is running for mayor of New Void City

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:26 AM »

"Lithium 'Resistance' fighter getting his second Hiemium-infused tattoo. It was widely claimed that this treatment will enhance meta powers at a controllable level, as well as enhance virility." - Jones. Photos of the Hiemium Conflicts. 3255

"FOSS Grav-Engine Caryall drops supplies at Staging Area Lima, New Void City outskirts; guarded by a Type-4 'Asp' gunship, and members of the Caelum First Expeditionary Force." - Caesar, T. Caelum Internal Security Quarterly Report (Declassified) 3254
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2015, 12:39 AM by Ten Dead Kings »

« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2014, 10:46 PM »
The Battle for Hiemium is underway, which side will you take?

(Banner by Skulls)

post your allegiance here and I'll update the second post
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2014, 10:53 PM by Majikura »

« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2014, 11:00 PM »
I would love to get in on this but I have no characters set up yet so I shall watch from the sides as stuff blows up.
you insensitive bitch. some people can't even GET boners.

« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2014, 11:16 PM »
Mortido is working under Veronica's regime as a special agent, though he answers to a councilman rather than directly to Veronica herself. His feats include preemptive attacks against militias threatening Void Reconstruction, defeating the kaiju Somadis (canonically) and then releasing a pro-Caelum City propaganda film as its star about the event.

« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2014, 11:55 PM »
Jessie, knowing that she cannot trust Veronica, decides to join Lithium's resistance.  Despite not knowing Xia that much, she would rather help a struggling queen of an underground city, than to allow Veronica to take the Hiemium.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2014, 12:27 AM »
Cecilia is working for a third party, that is observing the event - maybe even trying to keep it in balance for fun. This makes C neutral - seen on either side.

EDIT: Neutrality doesn't indicate absence nor no participation.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 02:05 AM by Wu AT-AT »
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2014, 01:39 AM »
BLUE CREW 5 EVA BITCHES

« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2014, 03:11 AM »
Lily is part of the Vanity School and therefore on Team Horizon by default. Gray abstains.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2014, 04:04 AM »
Johnny works for Xia because Im fairly certain she thinks that Veronica is a cunt. Deep down and all around.

« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Cornelius fled to the underground in a bid to escape VCPD after the destruction of a residential district.  While in the underground he was caught attempting to steal rations.  Originally thought to be a Horizon spy, that thought was quickly debunked through interrogation.  He was offered the option to join the Lithium Resistance and help with odd jobs in exchange for temporary housing and steady access to food, which he graciously accepted.

Bartender abstains.

« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2014, 07:39 AM »
Wellp!

1) Xia is Wizzie's good friend, of course, Miller is going to help Lithium.

Balls for him because the Vektran Collective are on Caelum's side

2) Arena will be working to avoid casualties on both sides. She's on the side of peace.

3) Sanari is new and isn't aware of the history going on. She's enjoyed her trips to Caelum, and Prof. Hakase works with Horizon on occasion doesn't he? By extension she'd be working with Caelum then.

4) GETTING PARK KIM/GIGARA INVOLVED IS A BAD IDEA

5) Chiroptos the Blood Beast is currently residing deep in the darkest caverns of Lithium. Beware!

« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:41 AM »
(1) Zedan Dromer is currently separated from his physical body and stuck in the local dreamscape due to [REDACTED] after Impact Day. Once he gets back to the real world (and he will), he's probably not going to have any idea of what's going on. But he and The Marked Guard will likely try to get their hands on some Hiemium for their own purposes.

(2) THE BEAST OF VOID is still enslaved by Saint Corp, who are testing Hiemium weapons and "other" applications as a tech subcontractor for Caelum. As he's currently planning [REDACTED], he's looking to get his hands on some Hiemium under the nose of Caelum and Saint Corp.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Utilizing his funding from the Board of Directors and his D-Day grant, Master Hakase has moved the Science Dojo to the Nightingale district in Caelum. Though the cost of living is high, the deal was enacted with Hakase's agreement to share his research on V-Element with the Horizon Foundation. While he does not trust them, he acknowledges that their facilities and resources are required to continue his research, and that without the ambient V-Element atmosphere of Void City, there is no other place to conduct proper tests for Kuno. Reluctantly, he sides with Caelum.

Baku the Explosionist is a free agent and will blow stuff up for whoever's paying. Employers are wary of her "loyalty issues", but as long as it involves blowing stuff up, Baku will get results.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

263 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us