Out with the old, in with the new (year)

Out with the old, in with the new (year)
« on: Dec 31, 2013, 12:13 AM »
Just thought I'd make a quick post to thank everyone for the year that has passed us by and wish y'all the best for next year ; May your dreams come true, may the wind always blow in your back and may your socks forever match ; Happy new year! Peace on earth! Goodwill towards men! Free candy!

My best wishes for the night and the year to come - Be safe!

Re: Out with the old, in with the new (year)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Happy new year!

2013 was pretty great for me. While it had its ups and downs, I took the plunge and quit my day job and became a full time comic colorist.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:24 AM »
Happy New Year you fucks!

2013, the year I actually drew something for void.
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:31 AM »
2013 sucked hardcore for me.

2014 is gonna start off on the opposite note of this last year (I've nabbed a job instead of getting kicked from one) so I'm hoping that's a sign that things are looking up already!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:15 AM »
2013 sucked hardcore for me.

gonna have to HEAVILY echo that sentiment....and for at least as far as the first third of 2014 as well.
I'm holding pout hope for standing/walking after additional surgery on my leg in February and 1 to 2 months recovery and another or so of therapy....and getting at least some partial use of my knee back after that.

Also at some point if I can tolerate being seated for more than 10 mins. maybe I can interupt my continual boredom and actually draw.
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:32 AM »
2013 was awful.

However, I'm doing more illustration and comics now, and hopefully I'll have a job by spring. We'll see how things go.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Last year wasn't great and this one's starting out worse so far. Here's to hoping I can afford to work to afford to work to afford to work to afford to work...
"When a problem comes along, you must whip it" -Simon Belmont

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2014, 09:58 AM »
2013 was slightly boring and overall a disappointment in general.

I hope this year be better, but from what I can see from here, I'm not keeping my hopes up.
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Happy New Year guys! I'm so happy I submitted Aurora and Remus this year. You guys are all amazing people and keep me so inspired! Hoping this year will be a little easier to manage time so I can get more comics in and be more active on here.

May your new year be bad ass!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:11 PM »
I finished my thesis and got a masters degree in 2013 so I did alright, lets see if I can keep this ball rolling uphill in 2014 or if i'm unable to find work and everything becomes shit.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

312 Guests, 3 Users

[] [Think Tank]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us