Void U Battle Challenge 1:3 page comic

Void U Battle Challenge 1:3 page comic
« on: Nov 16, 2013, 11:05 AM »
I've decided to start a new type of Void U Theme that you guys can apply to your battles! The way this works is once a month I'm going to post a new battle challenge. You don't have to specifically start a new battle in order to do this, you can apply it to any battle you're currently doing, your opponent isn't obligated to participate unless they want to. (if they do want to, let me know and I'l list the whole battle) All you have to do is let me know you're going to take part in the challenge and I'll add you to the list! If you'd like to keep it a secret from your opponent, just PM me and I'll put (hidden) under the signups to keep your identity secret.

VOID U Battle U Challenge 1:3 Page Comic

There has been a tooooon of comics lately where people are doing long comics and aren't finishing them. I totally get it, I do long stories myself, but I think it's important to know your limits and challenge yourself to do a short comic from time to time. One of the hardest things to do is do a complete story in a small amount of pages! So I challenge all of you to try to do a comic that is no longer than 3 pages. (page stacking is cheating and won't count. Double spreads count as 2 pages) This is actually the perfect time of year to get a short comic in with the holidays coming up! This can be applied to a regular battle, artist battle, beyond battle, doesn't matter!

There is no deadline! You guys are free to do this challenge when you like. But obviously the sooner the better so you don't forget this exists.

Challenge Signups

Example:Please use this signup format
angieness with Angela Rudell

1.G.Lo
2.Joe Neary
3.Jongbom?
4.Mister Kent
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2014, 10:30 PM by Angie »
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: Void U Battle Challenge 1:3 page comic
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2013, 12:06 PM »
I'm in! I've been trying to plan out a BB that I didn't want to be very long, but I keep getting ideas for it and the page number keeps increasing! I think making myself limit the page count to 3 pages is going to not only be an excellent challenge, but really get the gears turning to figure out what needs to be kept and what needs to go!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2013, 02:00 PM »
My kind of battle type <3

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2013, 02:46 PM »
I'll get around this eventually.
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Is it possible to upload 1 page comics as Beyond Battles? That would be even more of a worthwhile challenge for me as I can't even manage completing 3 pagers!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Yeah as long as the comic doesn't exceed 3 pages, any page count is fine.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2013, 09:55 PM »
Coooool. Thanks Angie. Sign me up. I hope to do a few one pagers over the next few weeks then!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:33 AM »
I'm definitely going to try and do this. I lack the commitment to do long comics anyways.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Okay, sign me up.

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2013, 01:30 PM »
Great!

And I think it should go without saying for everyone, less pages=higher quality. So challenge all of yourselves to do something awesome with the lower page count!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2013, 09:09 PM »
I should do this sometime, sounds like fun.

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Question- are you going to count covers as pages...? Or would that be allowed and not counted against your page count?

Covers count as pages.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2013, 10:25 PM by Angie »

« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Might try and do this on Thanksgiving break :/ Sounds like fun, hopefully I don't have a lot of school work left.

« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Covers count as pages.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2014, 10:29 PM »
I'll be doing one of these babies soon!

« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Can I sign up for this or is it too late? I'm making a three page comic for this right now.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Go for it! There's no deadlines on the challenges.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2014, 02:05 PM »
I did kind of forget to sign up, but I did the challenge in my battle vs slade. Obvious how bad I am at it considering how much more compacted the last page is since I had to cram more stuff into it.

« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Awesome!
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

280 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us