Turn your handwriting into a font!

Turn your handwriting into a font!
« on: Sep 27, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Hey guys, I've been looking for something like this for a while, and here it is!
http://www.myscriptfont.com/

You just print out a template, write on it, scan it in and upload it to their site, and they make a font for you. I just made one with my handwriting, and I can see so many possibilities with this for comic lettering. I just couldn't NOT share it! I hope you like it! :)

Re: Turn your handwriting into a font!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Yes, it's pretty rad.
I've been using Fred2 for almost all my comics, a font I made with that very thing. My handwriting has never been super legible, but it fits better with my drawings than anything else...
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Wow! I always assumed you hand-lettered each comic. It really does work for you, man!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2013, 09:16 PM »
I've made a few with varying weights and styles with this. It's pretty awesome except, if I remember correctly, none of my closing quotes work. I just get a default preset quote symbol :/ No problem though, just draw them in I guess hah

Oh and it's good to tweak your font using something like FontForge if you need to adjust the spacing or positioning.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Oh yeah! The quotes are messed up on that site. Turns out they have an updated site that works much better! http://www.paintfont.com/

It lets you choose all the characters you want in your font, and it works really well!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2013, 07:26 PM »
Oh my gosh, this is super amazing. * v*
I can't wait to use this thingy.

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

439 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us