Suggest me some Anime

Re: Suggest me some Anime
« Reply #25 on: Oct 02, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Since no one mentioned them, I'm gonna put a few quick nominations (with brief thoughts) down.

Black Rock Shooter (2012 Anime): Teen girls' high school drama metaphorically represented with high-octane battles in a strange, dreamlike dimension. While the action scenes alone are worth watching this series for, the parallel to the girls' real life circumstances give the show some structure and serves to amplify the rapidly increasing tension.

Dangan Ronpa: The Animation: Ace Attourney meets Battle Royale when fifteen unique elite high school students are trapped in their campus with only one condition of release: murder someone and get away with it. The anime adaptation sometimes blazes through investigations and trial sequences at breakneck speed to fit their 13-episode run, but the twists and turns are still thrilling, and watching the mystery unfurl is still satisfying and entertaining.

« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2013, 05:31 PM »
Darker Than Black. It's about people with special powers that are devoid of human emotions and are "contracted" to kill. They replaced the stars with their own and when they die their star falls. It's a really good anime and it takes itself serious when it needs to and there is no filler.

« Reply #27 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:13 AM »
Popping in to say that Hulu Plus has the TV series of PATLABOR, a show about a police unit who deals with giant robot crimes. Look it up if you like something part slice-of-life, part comedy, part mecha action and police stories.

Otherwise, I also recommend the movies (3 of them) and the OVA series. The continuity among all these is... sketchy, but they're all similar enough. Created by the group 'Headgear".

« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:54 AM »
My all-time favorites:
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z
Evangelion
Trigun

Some other shows I love:
Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
FLCL
Gurren Lagann
Serial Experiments Lain
Madoka Magica
Princess Tutu
Monster
Paranoia Agent
Supernatural: The Anime Series

Some anime movies I love:
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 (haven't seen 3 yet)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars
Street Fighter II
Paprika
Perfect Blue
The Place Promised In Our Early Days
The Garden of Words
Batman: Gotham Knight
Halo Legends
Angel's Egg

« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2013, 09:13 AM »
OH yeah, Deadman Wonderland was good. And I cannot believe I forgot to mention Lupin III, that show is a whole lot of fun.

« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2013, 11:01 AM »
They had a recent series come out from the Lupinverse called

" The Woman named Fujiko Mine "

It's updated art style but super reminiscent of monkey punch and the 70s and its one of the best face-lifts of a classical series I've seen in awhile.  Plotwise it explains how Fujiko met and indirectly formed the Lupin krew.

The first episode has tits !

[ ALso it has Owlman ]

« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I just finished watching Kill La Kill. I'm blown away, even just from one episode. It speaks to me guys.

« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Kill La Kill is just what I needed to fill the void left by Attack on Titan ending. It's pretty amazing.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #33 on: Oct 08, 2013, 08:05 PM »
My biggest recommendations would probably have to be:

Problem Children are Coming from Another world, Aren't they? (the series was made apparently to help sell the light novels, and it's incredibly well done in a wonderful universe and I was obsessed with it till it ended and then I cried forever)

Saki/Saki Side A (MahJong anime that is ridiculous and also mildly perverted.  It is entertaining and fast-paced and enjoyable even if you don't play the sport)

The Mystic Archives of Dantalian (a series I just recently picked up and have been very much enjoying revolving around "phantom books" which are cursed have powers yadda yadda, but the style of the series is nice, it's set a bit in the past)

Majestic Prince (if you like mecha anime, and also appreciate dumb humor this show is for you.  It got a lot of flack for being 'too childish' when it started, but that changed real quick, and those who jumped ship are sorely missing out)

And if you are in a bad mood:
Senyu (generic RPG meets self-depreciating + 4th wall humor)
PoyoPoyo (FAT CAT BEING ADORABLE)

These are like 1-5 minutes episodes that you can turn your brain off to
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2013, 08:07 PM by Mintley »

« Reply #34 on: Oct 10, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Kill La Kill has fucked my eyes with glory. God dammit I have nothing else to say.
MOST IMPROVED ARTIST 2016
MOST IMPROVED WRITER 2016

« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2013, 01:36 AM »
I'm a BIG fan of Masaaki Yuasa's work. He's easily become my fave anime director. They're high-concept series with short running times, novel visual styles and wonderful music. Just listen to the premises to these-

MindGame- A nobody who dies shamefully by a gangster tricks God, cheats Death, and runs off to live life. Gorgeous insanity ensues. (This one's actually a movie.)

Tatami Galaxy- A college dropout relives his university days differently each episode, trying to find the perfect "rose-colored campus life". His actions have increasingly absurd consequences.

Kaiba- Two Tezuka-esque cuties try to find each other in a world where memories and bodies are interchangeable. Heartbreak ensues.

Kemonozume- A flesh-eating demon disguised as a human falls in llove with the samurai who's sworn to kill her. They elope, and dark comedy ensues.

Watch 'em all. Please.
I support all of this. Also Kick-Heart ( a short recently funded on kick-heart) is also out now.

« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2014, 01:52 PM »
I do recall a couple of other animes, here's a few more:

-Transformers: Headmasters
-Transformers: Masterforce
-Transformers: Victory
-Saint Seiya/Knights of The Zodiac
-Tenchi Muyo
-Sailor Moon

Here's a few movies:
-Spirited Away
-Street Fighter (The Anime Movie)

« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2014, 03:07 PM »
Just a reminder that Space Dandy starts up today I think.

« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Oooh yeah, I'm really excited for Space Dandy. I thought it was on yesterday and missed it. I nearly cried myself to sleep before realizing it was actually on today.

« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2014, 03:26 PM »
I might be missing it as it airs since I have plans tonight, but DVR is ready to record it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Did KLK stop having episodes or something ?

« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2014, 05:33 PM »
It's on a midseason break or something.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #42 on: Jan 04, 2014, 06:51 PM »
It resumes again for the second half on the 9th!

« Reply #43 on: Jan 08, 2014, 07:21 PM »
Ooh has anyone played Legend of Heroes; Trails in the Sky? The anime of that is pretty awesome. A bit spoilery though. And only 2 episodes ^_^
Points are pointless, meaning is meaningless and I am pizzaless in an unforgiving world D:

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 14, 2024, 09:08 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

157 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 176.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us