NPC System: Void's Supporting Cast

NPC System: Void's Supporting Cast
« on: Aug 20, 2013, 01:37 PM »
Looking for more NPCs! Rereading through old threads on this forum, and I was reminded of this thread by Psycho Sean.  I made this new thread so I can manage and update a listing of suggested NPCs in the first post.

I am strongly pushing to get an NPC system available before too long, if not with Void 6.0 then shortly thereafter! (Hehe not to make it sound like I'm doing any of the actual hard work on the site like Bobo or Red, I'm just a proponent of NPCs :)))

For those of you not familiar with the original NPC idea, these free-floating public characters would be available for use by any creator. Great for times when you're sick of your own characters but don't want to make a whole new one with an intro and such. Grab one of these premade dudes and have at it! If we had a large stable of diverse NPCs, this could be a very exciting feature.

I'd like to see some of the guys mentioned in the other thread into the new system, especially Flipwulf, The Masked Men, and the Three Masters (they'd be so rad). Previously made NPCs from the first attempt at NPCs included the VCPD and the Rabies Virus. Will these return? Ooh maybe--we'll see!

Have any ideas for cool Void supporting cast members? Post it here! Even if you don't have a design in mind, give a description, see what others come up with.

Personally, I'd like to see a few characters with very specific niche roles, but we'll see what happens! Also, they don't necessarily have to be part of the "Void City" setting. Having a random Cowboy or all-purpose Spaceman in the mix would be awesome, or even other genre-specific characters, like a Freddy/Jason-style Urban Legend guy (I swear I have a few suggested contributions coming soon!)

Kevin B. & Galvosaur (Art by justarhymes)
Lyssavirus RBP121N aka the Rabies Virus
The Three Masters (Art by Psycho Sean)
Black Magic Lounge (Art by Mr. Kent)
Hazlett Quilliams (Art by Mr. Kent and Mues Lee)
Magical Girl Bullies (Art by Animeshen)
Bunny Dropkick (Art by Tofubeast)
The Otter-sans (Art by Tofubeast)
The Masked Men (Art by Angie)
Amber Miller (Art by Pyras Teran)
Roman Cain
Devon Sallos
Samuel Riley
Charles Abram
Void City Police Department
StickMan
Flipwulf
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2013, 05:35 PM by Mister K E N T »

Re: NPC System: Void's Supporting Cast
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2013, 01:38 PM »
Reserved for Listings (ooh I can only hope one day we'll have enough NPCs to consume a whole post! *sigh*)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Yeah, if you want to put The Masked Men into the NPC system, go for it! I can always throw together some sort of design sheet/intros if need be.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2013, 02:13 PM »
That'd be sweet! It would be cool to see some of the NPCs' intro stories being short collabs. I'd be willing to collab on intros with people :D

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2013, 03:05 PM »
Oh man, I do hope that we get an NPC system on.
I'd love to see how characters would develop from everybody's imputs. I'd be all over that shit.
NPC's a guy/ He likes to get high ~
No one knows his name/ NON-PLAYING-CHARACTER.
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Haha I considered putting him on the list but didn't get to ask you yet :3

(edit: urgh that sounds dumb considering the current topic of free-to-use NPCs, but still didn't want to step on any toes!)

Edit: Also, anyone know who did the art on the Rabies character? It's lovely :)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013, 05:32 PM by K E N T ^o^ »

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2013, 06:09 PM »
Someone who was denied.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2013, 02:03 PM »
If anyone has any existing supporting characters they'd like to offer up as publicly available personages that would be a nice way to intro some NPCs with some history.

Like, for example, if they were a supporting cast member for a dead character, they probably already have some notable personality traits with lots of room for characterization. This is what I plan to do with the Black Magic Lounge from my last run of Jane Blonde comics, and the summoner Hazlet Quilliams from "Todd Susser vs. Ashley Longhorn".

People like Morty and Professor Spalanzani come to mind as interesting NPCs who could have good story-potential in their own right. I'd totally use both of them :)

(Well, I dunno if we can get around Monty's super-slashed throat, but still...other characters in that vein...)
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2013, 02:19 PM by K E N T ^o^ »

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Sure you could put up the professor.  People often ask me to use him and then....they don't....so I don't know what that's about but people are more than welcome.  I will make him his own design sheet at some point because I swear I can draw better these days.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2013, 09:41 PM »

MAGIC GIRL BULLIES! For all your magical girl bully needs... ??!!?
These ladies are 14-15 years old. they attend the Vanity School on Caelum are and very stuck up and bitchy. They hate Satin because she killed a bunch of magical girls before Vanity reformed her, and the bullies were friends with some of those girls, so they don't forgive her. They hate Florence Ailey because he doesnt understand the rules of magical girl combat and broke somebody's leg. They hate Lilyfeather because her power is gross and she smells like a morgue (she probably does a little). The "love and friendship" part of being a magical girl has still escaped them but they think its cool because they have love and friendship with each other.
The blonde girl has ballet powers and can twirl and dance out of harms way. I dunno what else. Make stuff up.
The dark haired girl has cat powers. She summons a giant cat named Buttercup to do her bidding and says "nyo" and "nya" a lot.
I do not know either of their names. Feel free to name them.
Now the red head- who was initially a blonde with a red coat but EHHH- THAT one has been an OC of mine for going on FIFTEEN YEARS now. Her name is Angelica, and she has pirate girl powers. She was the lead character in a comic project I was doing with a friend that got dropped (some of the comics are still on my website). Now she is the leader of the group, sassy Queen Bitchsmirk. Because why not.
have fun kids.

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2013, 12:32 AM »

Bunny Dropkick, a young model currently taking a baseball bat to the street fashion world by storm. Younger half-sister of Tiffany Dropkick.

The Otter-sans. Talking otters who run Voideru Eatery, the sushi bar where Ehren/M-Zero part-times at.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2013, 06:21 AM »
Awesome! :)) Added these to the Master List of NPC Greatness!

« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Someone should redesign or redraw those VCPD designs.

« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Someone should redesign or redraw those VCPD designs.

...in comic format I should think
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2013, 09:31 PM »

from left to right: Roman, Devon, Sam, and Charles

Prior to the meteor landing, these four slightly empowered high school seniors used to terrorize the backstreets of Void City's seedier neighborhoods, abusing their combined abilities to mug innocent citizens and keep the cops off their backs. They're not terribly coordinated, and can't seem to decide if they're calling themselves the Landlords or the Taxmen. After the meteor, these four are still prowling the streets, scavenging whatever they can and accosting passerbys for everything else.

Roman Cain is foul-tempered, headstrong and impulsive. Born a Void City resident, his upbringing in VC's meta-powered environment granted him pyrokinesis since birth. His parents couldn't afford to send him to Rainbow Bread Institute, so he attended Void City Public High School. Prone to starting fights, he used his powers to bully other students and claim superiority. He was close to expulsion from the school, until the meteor landed and destroyed the school anyway. Still living in New Void City, he insists on maintaining his old way of life, terrorizing citizens and extorting their valuables. He believes in power above all else.

Devon Sallos is one-eighth demon-blooded, which is manifested in his red skin, horns, gargantuan stature and superhuman strength. Despite his fearsome appearance, Devon is actually quiet, thoughtful, and introspective. He doesn't make any friends because his voice frightens other children, so he chooses not to speak at all. He befriended Roman when the young pyro picked a fight with Devon, and their duel ended in a draw. He used to play runningback on Void City High's football team until he was booted from the team for tossing the coach's car into a lake as part of one of Roman's pranks.

Samuel Riley makes up for his small stature with his big ego. Self-absorbed and prone to showing off, Sam was quick to start following around Roman, opting to side with the biggest bully in school rather than become his victim. With no powers of his own, Sam instead relies on an authentic heirloom katana he stole from his parents' antique store, which he has no formal training with. When he's not around Roman, he's actually a jovial, fun-loving young man.

Charles Abram, while completely ordinary, is gifted with the power of common sense. Among his friends, he is the most reasonable and level-headed, and often objects to the group's terrorizing antics. In his freshman year at VC Public, he was saved from another group of bullies when Roman intervened, and he's been sticking with Roman's crew out of obligation. Charles actually gets good grades in school, but often gets in trouble with faculty for involving himself in Roman's antics. Charles' parents are saving money to try and move to Caelum,
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 10:53 PM by A Bad Idea »

« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Dear lord I haven't drawn a full shot of the Masked Men in a longass time

The Masked Men-an organization that originates from Geno, a city close to Void. Their original purpose was to assist Geno in a civil war, but they've broadened their horizons. Motivated by money, they will take on just about any job if the price is right. They'll do anything from mercenary work to treasure hunting to bodyguard work. Most of the organization is made up of average people just trying to make ends meet. The minority are essentially super soldiers that were created to take on more difficult work.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Sweet! I've got the perfect NPC for VOID!! http://fav.me/d674dq1 I present Rigatony. By day he is a chip n dale and by late night he is a spy. He makes pasta puns and he bleeds ragu. Enjoy!

« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2013, 09:47 PM »
I want pasta now that is all

I love the NPCs so far everyone! Today I whipped up part of an intro thingy for the VCPD! I dunno what this intro is about, so if anyone feels like taking over the Intro for Page 2 feel free, since it's a community character!

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2013, 10:13 PM by Mister K E N T »

« Reply #19 on: Nov 06, 2013, 11:45 AM »
OKAY.

"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #20 on: Nov 06, 2013, 11:51 AM »
I smell a new jam coming on...

« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2013, 01:08 PM »
actually this is in itself perfect...without the art jam.....intro pages for an NPC done by different artists
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2013, 01:22 PM »
actually this is in itself perfect...without the art jam.....intro pages for an NPC done by different artists

I agree. Great idea.

« Reply #23 on: Nov 10, 2013, 05:27 PM »
I love that leFred!! :)) Perfect Intro

« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2013, 12:17 AM »
[-]
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2017, 11:32 AM by PyrasTerran »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Augustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan DealbhaothTarkos

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 26, 2024, 08:28 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

337 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 329.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us