Amaretto and Bourbon

Amaretto and Bourbon
« on: Aug 02, 2013, 10:55 AM »

This character is part of a duo. I just designed the character for void and then I started up some huge story lol. I'm gonna develop the story over time in beyond battles. I have most of it worked out already, but I'll save that for the comics. I just wanted to get something up on this site and give a brief idea of what this guy is about.

Name: Jacob
Alias: Amaretto
Bio: Jacob is a math and science prodigy. He is way beyond the medieval times he lives in.

Re: Amaretto and Bourbon
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2013, 11:15 AM »
So cute! Not much to say at the moment, so I'll wait until you post your intro comics. But, you're looking good so far. More please :)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2013, 11:33 AM »
I can understand wanting to commit yourself....but past  very decent rendering there isn't much here for us to comment on or help you with....you don't even have a proper design sheet for this character or the other half of the duo.

Is that spear line attached to a retractable spool on his belt?...he is ahead of the times(contrary to popular belief the latter half of the 20th century was not medieval times)..this or any other important unique items...including clothing should be displayed on the design sheet...either thru back or side shots or individual 'gutter' illustrations(if you really wanted to knock everyone's socks off you could go for a tome illustrated by a scribe(full colour) with sepia ink scribbled notes and diagrams/pictures...would really help set the tone and theme...medieval scholar type and all)

So yah...nice artwork....keep at it...no rush.....do it right....we aren't going anywhere
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2013, 12:21 PM »
Oh I love seeing period-piece characters! Very nice style here too. I eagerly await further developments :)

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. I guess the main reason I posted this was to begin actually socializing more on the site. I've been lurking so hard and I wanted to put something up. Maybe I shoulda started a thread for my artwork instead of this. Anyways thanks and I'll def keep at it, while hoping life doesn't get too in the way.

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Just a pointer for the design.

Make that sword/spear thing BIGGER. WAY BIGGER! It'll make the silhouette more interesting. I'd say lose the hood as well, because as far as I know from the hair peaking out, he must have an impressive afro! :)

« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2013, 02:31 AM »
Just a pointer for the design.

Make that sword/spear thing BIGGER. WAY BIGGER! It'll make the silhouette more interesting. I'd say lose the hood as well, because as far as I know from the hair peaking out, he must have an impressive afro! :)

Thanks for the advice. I actually have this character wearing his hood and taking it off constantly so you'd get to see his hair. His afro is quite nice, but not that big though lol. I really love how cute the hood makes him look so I def wanna keep it in the design. I'm all about the cute stuff. As for the spear sword I see what you mean about making it bigger. I'm gonna redesign the whole thing. I plan to have him throwing it sometimes and using it as a poker and sword.

This character is so story driven, that I think I'll save him for another project. I'm designing another character for void at the moment and I hope you all will take to him.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:49 AM »
....and another poor soul kidnapped by aliens
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:13 AM »
....and another poor soul kidnapped by aliens

I think they all go to the Desert of Abandoned Incubator Characters http://imageshack.us/a/img809/422/9kca.jpg
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Sorry I've been gone so long. I got sucked into camp counselor and I was away with no computer(kinda took me out of it) then when I came back I went straight to sculpting. I was developing a new character for use on void and started writing a more complete story for these characters. When I have time I'll try to get the new character submitted. Thanks for the feedback.

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Glad to hear it, and welcome back! :D

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Whoa! You came back!? Yes!!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 3 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us