Big huge shonen jump/webcomic themed artist battle?

Big huge shonen jump/webcomic themed artist battle?
« on: Jul 23, 2013, 04:35 PM »
Anyone else doing a shonen jump entry or a VOID webcomic that wanna just pool together and do one big artist battle so we can show 'em all off once we get them done?

Kinda related to the comments in my artist battle I set up for myself. If not Jong and I will just go ahead and fight eachother but anyone else interested feel free. A little bit of friendly competition is fine by me to keep me on track.

I'm thinking 3-4 week deadline. Leeettt meee knooow.

Note: this isn't a VOID event just an idea that cropped up between a few of us. I know there are a couple people working on this so I just wanted to put this out there.

Re: Big huge shonen jump/webcomic themed artist battle?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2013, 04:56 PM »
I'm working on a 45 pager for the JUMP contest~

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2013, 04:57 PM »
yissir! I'm working on my M-Zero-Oh webcomic so I can hop in. 8 U

Bronesto and I want to enter the JUMP contest too as a tag team but we don't have anything solid right now

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2013, 05:31 PM »
if anyone is having a "WTF?" moment as to what this is all about, hopefully this link will dispel any confusion:
https://mangaaward.shonenjump.com/en/users/sign_up

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2013, 05:32 PM »
I was thinking about doing an SJ entry myself. This would be a great way to keep my slacking in check.

When's the start date on this? I don't have any free time opening up for like another week so I might not be able to do this with you guys.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:09 PM »
I was working on one, so you can sign me up ;D

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Cool this sounds like enough people.

If everyone is fine with a 4 week deadline I can ask to maybe get this set up tonight?

Just to confirm the people that are 100% in are :

Jong
SwrdPlay
Tofu
Kent
Myself

And maybe Ahmed?

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Sounds good! :3

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:46 PM »
I'm working to enter the SJ contest, but with this much talented competition I think my chances of even being noticed are next to nil. >_>

Wait, I don't understand what the four-week deadline is for. Is that for our whole SJ entry comic to be done in four weeks? Because I don't think that's happening with mine. :/

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Feel free to work on it at your own pace really, you don't need to do this :o.

I am doubling my SJ entry as a webcomic because I doubt I will win, so I doubt mine will be the full thing but rather an entire chapter. The 4 week deadline is 'cause 4 weeks is plenty of time for a VOID fight, and since this isn't -solely- for the SJ competition and also for potential VOID webcomics as well I figure 4 weeks is enough time to get a considerable amount of work done/get the ball rolling.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:22 PM »
   I don't know when the Shounen Jump deadline is, but you guys can always just post what you have so far when the Void deadline ends. That way you get the Void deadline/competition to help you along, and you get some crit on a comic you're still working on!

This is also totally superhype, I really hope you guys go through with this!

I'm working to enter the SJ contest, but with this much talented competition I think my chances of even being noticed are next to nil. >_>

Don't talk like that dude, you have no idea! And even if you don't win, you'll gain so much just from making this comic, you don't even know! Everything you draw just makes you that that much more a killer.

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:24 PM »
   I don't know when the Shounen Jump deadline is, but you guys can always just post what you have so far when the Void deadline ends. That way you get the Void deadline/competition to help you along, and you get some crit on a comic you're still working on!

Yeah that explains it better than I did haha. I'm gonna go have a shower though, and give this about another hour or two before I make the request to get it put up! It's not really an event and I don't wanna make it super huge so we've got a decent number as it is. Anyone else who wants to join in between that time feel free to let me know so I can get us set up hopefully!

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:31 PM »
Ah alright count me in! :D Worst case scenario I just post whatever is done.

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:50 PM »
All right, count me in! I can at least post what I have done by then! :)

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Okay so before I submit to see if we can get this set up, this is the final roster?

Jong
SwrdPlay ??
Tofu
Kent
Ahmed
Atomic Chinchilla
Myself

Just double checking to see.

Edit: Basically just calling in question if Swrdplay is doing this or not 'cause that first post is kinda vague :o

edit2: People have until 45 minutes from now to confirm. Pretty much everyone else has said to sign them up aside from I'm confused still by Swrdplay on this. If anyone else wants in before that 45 minutes is up then lemme knowwwww. I'm only going ahead with the people have explicitly said they are in on this haha.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 10:28 PM by Charlie »

« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2013, 10:31 PM »
C O N F I R M E D
lets get this ball rolling

« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Wait, so I gotta confirm right? Or I'm already in.. I'm double in just in case.

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Anyone in bold is already in, sorry for the confusion! I'll go see about gettin this set upppp

Edit: Sent PM with the names in bold being sent out.

Anyone else who wants to do this just set up an artist match between yourselves or by yourself or whatever. This was just a spur of the moment thing haha, I just wanted to get it up as quick as I could.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2013, 12:58 AM by Charlie »

« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2013, 01:59 AM »
Woops! Just getting back in. I'm all the way ready. (And if for some reason, I'm too late, i'll just gently cry my ass to sleep.

« Reply #19 on: Jul 24, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Okay, I went ahead and added all of you to a new artist battle (including swrdplay, just to be nice!) Have fun!

« Reply #20 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:20 PM »
what the eff wait what happened why is the battle gone

I guess pool's closed

« Reply #21 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:22 PM »
The issue stemmed from swrd-play technically being ineligible to do the fight. It was an oversight on mine and Bobo's behalf. Sorry for the inconvenience!

« Reply #22 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Fear not Tofu dear ~ the match shall rise again!

« Reply #23 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:35 PM »
e-mail sent to all artists by way of e-mails listed on their accounts;

I am sorry but due to the fact that this event was not processed through the proper channels; a conflict with existing rules and your event was discovered AFTER the event was posted.

Artists that have not been accepted by the Approval Comittee cannot take part in normal play or regular events on the site...it is impossible to do so under nomal circumstances.

Acting as a member of Council and BattleCzar; I have temporarily cancelled the event; you are free to either re-apply to Council with a roster of Official Approved Artists...OR...swrdply can apply to the site just like everyone else.... and if approved by the Commitee, you may then take part with the original roster.

You have my apologies that this has taken place and I hope this has not upset your plans too severely.
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #24 on: Jul 24, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Party's over man!

Nah, but the longer this takes the better for me! Maybe I'll be able to get my other stuff out of the way and get this started within a reasonable amount of time after all.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

296 Guests, 4 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us