FEE, the Destroyer!

FEE, the Destroyer!
« on: Jul 03, 2013, 12:03 AM »
HELLO THIS IS A WARNING THERE ARE BOOBIES IN THIS POST
(is that allowed? sorry if it's not, I can change it!)

helloooo everyone! this is my very first character, enjoy!

“Things have been going downhill ever since the Greeks. They were the last society that really did it for me, ya know? They did human sacrifice better than anybody. All you had to do was go terrorize a village and boom, they chained a virgin to a rock.”

HISTORY:
Fee's real name is Iphianassa, but it's silly and hard to pronounce. She claims to be a mermaid but is mostly a sea monster. Her favorite foods consist of humans, raw steak, and raw fish, in that order. Her origins are Greek, but she refutes most common mythology as “human shit” and that's the end of that discussion. She claims to be connected to both the myth of the Loch Ness monster and the sinking of the Titanic (calling it unsinkable was practically a challenge).

Despite her illustrious past, Fee's immortal boredom has been nagging lately. She's been spending most of her time dodging underwater mining expeditions, and it's been decades since she's had a proper meal. She's decided to take a spin on the shore again, setting up shop above a Japanese steakhouse. In Void City, decent meals are easy to find. She's got the perfect online dating profile to deliver guys, and she's found a city where nobody's going to notice if a few lonely losers happen to disappear.

ABILITIES:
Fee can change form at will from sea serpent to human, as well as some stage between. Her strength and agility are enhanced, and she recovers very quickly from injuries. Though she can be killed, she doesn't appear to age. Her kind may have originated the myth of the sirens due to a bizarre ability to bend humans to their will with a sound.

PERSONALITY:
Fee is an extremely manipulative and selfish creature, thinking primarily as a predator. She likes eating meat and destroying stuff. However, in her human guise she can be incredibly charming, as long as it's in the interest of getting what she wants. She has been known to be capable of human emotion, but her understanding of such matters is limited at best. Her ex boyfriend Cetus is famous for getting killed by the hero Perseus while trying to eat a virgin that was chained to a rock.

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013, 10:10 PM by catduchess »

Re: FEE, the Destroyer!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2013, 12:10 AM »
Interesting.. and I have a soft-spot for characters influenced by human mythology - The image-quality isn't bad, but your character looks somewhat flat.. Some shading and / or coloring will fix that up in no time though!

Can't wait to see some intro-pages, this has real promise!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2013, 04:22 AM »
lskfjsklfj;skfj;slkfj MERMAID/SEA MONSTER AHHHHHHH.

Oh gosh pleeeaassseee continue on with this! I really like her sea monster form.

I agree with Fed, she does look a bit flat. You'll also want to work on her anatomy a bit - her shoulders look almost non existent.

Paggeessss :DDD

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2013, 05:40 PM »
She looks so good! I loved her backstory, it was so funny! XD

I'm looking forward for the pages and the colored sheet! As Fed said, she really promises!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2013, 11:16 AM »
wow, thanks guys! updated with a colored design sheet, i added a human form and some value etc etc. hopefully you like her!

i'm thumbnailing intro pages now, this is so exciting!
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2013, 11:28 AM by catduchess »

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2013, 12:33 PM »
This is some damn interesting stuff. I can't wait! PAGES!!!
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2013, 05:06 PM »
Just a random thought, but if she transforms with shoes and socks and shorts on to a mermaid, do the clothes rip? Or is it just some magical thing? If it's not magical, skirts would probably be more comfortable to transform with.
just browsing here and there

« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Those colors look amazing! It looks so much better now! Now, to wait for the pages. X)

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Can't wait to see some pages!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Ooh! This looks great ~ I like the color choices, and she looks so sweet and innocent in human form (T-shirt to the contrary :p) Looking forward to pages!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2013, 03:21 PM »
oh my god you guys, you have no idea how happy i am about all these responses! i've uploaded page 1, now two to go!

« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Looking good thus far! You should see about bumping up the contrast just a little in the colors. Right now all the tones are primarily the same brightness so everything is feeling kind of flat. Brightening up the water and ground should help quite a bit.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2013, 03:57 PM »
now featuring more contrast!

« Reply #13 on: Jul 06, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Much better!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2013, 09:40 PM »
page two is up!!!

edit: andddd page 3, the comic is officially complete
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2013, 10:10 PM by catduchess »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

260 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us