The (super old) Void-Wiki

The (super old) Void-Wiki
« on: May 12, 2013, 05:18 PM »
The Void Wiki has been around for a long time, and has kind of (completely) fallen out of current void memory and use.

However, it still works. But only if people take the time to update it.

This is just a reminder that it does exist, and you can still find info there. It's available to be used by those who want to use it.

Or you can leave it alone.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2014, 06:13 PM by Kevin Birtcher »
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

Re: The (super old) Void-Wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Ive been constantly updating there, idk bout yall

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:55 AM »
I will be updating my char's page after the BB goes live. Haven't updated the page so far because I don't want to spoil anything.
If I dream of impossible, should I forget it?

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:02 AM »
Recently remembered my info the other day and started to work on the pages I had in works once again.
Power and wealth to no avail, let only our drinking prevail, a sober man and the sages are both lost through the ages, but all our brave drinkers, never shall die..

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21 AM »
Is there any chance we can have the wiki more present on the site? Like a link at least, people spend a lot of time working on them and I always forget its there.

Really need to do wizzies lol

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01 AM »
Is there any chance we can have the wiki more present on the site? Like a link at least, people spend a lot of time working on them and I always forget its there.

Really need to do wizzies lol

Like I said in the other thread, it's so old and totally not updated enough to put a link in the UI, like putting a link in the top navigation bar for instance. There's no way I'm going to have, let's say, someone new to the site go to a wiki that is updated once a month by a random person and click on some broken links. As it is right now it's a poor representation of the site.

Maybe if all of the info on VOID was magically transported over, then that would be cool. I definitely don't want people to think it's mandatory.

I will sticky this thread though.

EDIT:
This sums up my feelings about the wiki pretty well:
http://media.tumblr.com/fe04e7c18e405b366422c6ff85558afa/tumblr_inline_ml3l6ub3Z11qz4rgp.jpg

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:17 AM »
Well, that certainly doesn't help people to make it updated. I mean, it's not kept, but it's not known. Mayhaps if it were more accessible it would be more updated, if it were more updated it would be made visible, but it would be more updated if it were more visible, but it won't be made more visible if it's not updated, but it's not updated because it's not visible... ect.

I barely even remembered that the thing existed, and when I did know about it, I didn't know if it was a 'thing' because of it's lack of presence. I don't know how useful that thing can be,(honestly, I thought it'd have been destroyed by now) but you see my point, yes? If you never give it a chance, of course it's not going to amount to anything.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:23 AM by LeFred »
"I knew when I sighned up for Void years ago, Someday I'm going to prison for this site"  - Mister Kent, words to live by

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:46 AM »
I definitely see your point. How will people be able to update it if they don't know about it?

Well, we are dragging it out of it's grave now for some reason, so let's see if people actually want to update or not. There is just SO much work that has to be done to make it actually useful.

The reason I'm not like "HEY GUYS UPDATE YOUR WIKI, YO!" is because it's not mandatory at all and I don't want anyone to think they need to do this. Because it's time consuming.

People lost steam pretty quickly last time haha. We are talking about 10 years of characters, battles, stories, etc. Even if all current members updated with their own characters' info it would still be dreadfully far from complete. Not saying any wiki is 100% complete... I'm saying we have a TON of essential information that would take close to infinity to upload. Instead of updating for 5 hours, you could have been drawing something ... like a comic!

I was hoping that the playlist feature would fill in this gap we have been missing like "Where can I go to read this story arc?". And discovering old and awesome battles that you didn't know about before. I know we are still working on that feature though... If anyone is wanting to do some extracurricular VOID activities, I'm hoping you'll opt to make a playlist of influential comics instead.
That's just my view on it though. Do what you feel like, yo.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I think a sticky is plenty, but if people want it added to the main site, they should prove it's useful. Show us you can get a lot of content and keep it updated and we would have reason to add it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2013, 03:03 PM »
I was going to make a Godada entry in the old wiki but the site ended up being really slow plus I need to be given permission to add stuff sooo... I'm going to make a entervoid Wikia to and try to add in EVERY character that exist and put at least their basic information in it on my free times.

« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2013, 04:49 PM »
I tried that before.  And I made some effort in that regard in the wiki but I lost the master character list and relevant data when my previous computer died.  It's not impossible but keep in mind that it will definitely take some time and effort to complete.

« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2013, 04:52 PM »
I'll try to help, Seev!

« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2013, 04:58 PM »
Yeah I JUST got a hang of it and re wrote the basic info box template. (which i took from the eyeshield21 wikia)

entervoid.wikia.com

Heres how the infobox template works:
http://entervoid.wikia.com/wiki/Template_talk:Infobox

And a sample of what I did for Godada
http://entervoid.wikia.com/wiki/Godada

I might work the template around so people dont get stuck on what to add but I think this is a good basic one incse people want to add NPC's or places

Also edit the wiki accordingly to what you guys things would work best.

Still not sure on why my images wont show up tho.

« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Category is spelled wrong.

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Hahaha you guys are nuts! Good luck!!

« Reply #15 on: Aug 18, 2013, 06:31 PM »
I'll try to help, Seev!

YESSS all the help in the world would be great

I just sortof added the PPT http://entervoid.wikia.com/wiki/THE_2013_PRETTIEST_PRINCESS_DEATH_TOURNAMENT!

so i think im going to branch out the doing that character pages from there and people can add the info that the see accordingly :I
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2013, 07:37 PM by seevah »

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2013, 07:53 PM »
wow, are you really gonna remake the wiki? thats quite an undertaking! I applaud you! I would offer to help but I know nothing at all about how to edit a wiki T.T good luck!

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

238 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 284.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us