Flutterbyes' Incubator cha cha cha

Flutterbyes' Incubator cha cha cha
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:05 PM »
SO after the excitement of LSDT I'm clearing out what was here before (Hahaha, you can't see the character that FP was basically a robotic version of), trying to come up with a more permanent character... which is hard. Flower Power was a product of my current primary comfort zones and possibly the apex of my meager creative ability.

In the chat earlier today I was throwing around the idea of turning one of these bug motif fairies I drew a while back into a character, probably this one:

She's a wasp motif fairy. I'd imagine she has a certain amount of fairy power and glamour, and the ability to be "normal" sized, but she's mostly an aggressive biker fairy who's been exiled from other fairies and her gang, so she's out of her element and doesn't have quite the backup she's used to getting when she picks fights.

A number of aspects would be wasp-related, but they're not actually a wasp, just wasp motif.

If you're wondering why there isn't a bee motif fairy, it's because I'd already been drawing a lot of bee girls for a while. In fact, I was toying for a while with a character based on this doodle.

PIZZA DELIVER-BEE! Melissa Mellifera is a pizza girl from a big family who.... something something... pizza.

Yeah that's why I didn't go through with it, but I felt like mentioning it here because it still sounds cute to say.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2016, 07:29 PM by Flutterbyes »

Re: Louise, Girl on the Run
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:39 PM »
YAY YOU'RE HERE! Louise is just so precioussss!!!! and yes Birdie should totally be a part of her character, theres so many cats in Void it makes ample comedic opportunity. I can't wait to see some comics!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:40 PM »
I really Like Louise. She'd be great for some really sweet,impossibly cute stories. I also really like the color scheme on the 3rd drawing in the 2nd row.
Of COURSE the bird should come with her. I imagine a little woodstock like bird whos sort of her conscience.
Louise - Hey birdie, did you hear that?
Birdie - (blank stare)
Louise - You're right, they need my help!
So yeah, I'm excited for Louise. You have everything you need to start your intro comic.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:33 AM »
Oh wow, she's absolutely adorable! I have a soft spot for strong young female characters >__>
I really look forward to seeing some comics! X3

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44 AM »
We need more characters like this in void.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:19 AM »
IF YOU DON'T INCLUDE BIRDIE I WILL CRY.

Welcome to VOID! I can't wait to see your intro pages! :)

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Thanks for your input. I think the last of those color swatches is going to be her base colors.

Anyway, the semester's finishing up, so I've been a little absent. I hope to get my intro comic going in a few days.

Re: Flutterbyes' Incubator cha cha cha
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2016, 07:30 PM »
What! There are no more little girls or birds here! ONLY BUGS.

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2016, 09:49 PM »
LOUISE STILL EXISTS IN MY HEART
BUT I APPROVE OF BEE GIRLS
BRING US BEE GIRLS

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:42 AM »
YOU ARE HITLISTED AS SOON AS YOU RELEASE HER ! BANZAAAAAAI !!!!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2016, 03:34 PM »
First off, super congrats on getting as far as you did in the LSDT. That is seriously some dazzling effort from a newcomer. Also kudos on jumping right back on the horse and coming at us with a viciously interesting incubator post! :D

This may be just me, but what's stopping you from submitting them all as a team? They're submitted as a unit, kind of like the animal girl criminal squad?

http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=2233

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2016, 07:25 PM »
^_^ Thanks! It was a real experience!

I'm trying to take things one foot at a time. It'll probably be a while before I comfortably get to comics that have more than 5 pages, let alone groups of characters.

I'm thinking the other fairies will show up in the background of the Faerie Criminal Court. The Hyperpax Aurora moth might be the Faerie Prime Minister.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2016, 06:38 PM »
I've been mulling over this character a little more, who will probably be named "Vespa" something. Still pondering just how much of a fairy trickster she really is, and what kind of trouble she gets in (just how violent and illegal is her activity? Is she not doing fairy mischief the "right" way?), her level of violence, her grasp of fairy magic and laws, etc.

I'm figuring when she appears human, she's not just normal sized and wingless, but also a lot more human-looking and not so, you know, bug-eyed.

So... a wasp-motif comic character is okay with you guys?

'cause...

you know...

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2016, 06:49 PM »
So... a wasp-motif comic character is okay with you guys?

Of course, as long as you're into it then we're into it. And if you're unsure of how you want her powers/personality/whatever to be then start sketching out pages and see where it goes. That's a great way to see how you feel about certain concepts, just start drawing!

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2016, 12:51 PM »
I've been slacking off like nobody's business, but I wanted to check in to let you know I haven't let this one go by the wayside just yet!
 I think I have her design sheet going:

I'm planning to shuffle them around on the canvas a little for the color version, maybe add in a profile shot, but how does that look so far? Is it painfully obvious I don't know the first thing about being tough?

(Now to get going on that intro story...)

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 07:41 PM »
So, you probably remember me talking about this guy. This fella is pretty generic, but he's extremely stubborn in my head, so let's get serious about incubating him.

Benjamin Le Fay, the mild mannered occultist. He comes from a family of mystics, alchemists, and generally crazy people, but actually wanted to be a defense lawyer. He dropped out because of the stress, and he returned to the family business, sorcery. He's generally a good natured, studious fellow, with a very casual and familiar attitude toward types of questionable beings he deals with. He dresses for success, but he's a bit down on his luck, holed up in an SRO with his grimoires. Keep trying, Benjamin!

He may or may not have a buddy cop relationship with Vespa.

The biggest problem here? I want very badly to draw a "Human Rung" sort of generic glasses dude with a very "20th century" flavor, but, oh yeah, the only thing differentiating an "All men from the Golden Age of Film look alike" type of design is eyebrow style. He's supposed to be unassuming with a lot hiding under the center (his body may be a little unusual, not sure if I'll use this detail)

He likes wine and fine spirits when in a good mood, but as his mental state deteriorates he prefers fruity cocktails.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 10:03 PM »
eY FLUTTER MISSED YA, nice chara!

[img width=357 height=150]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507304228587569162/5438149237386772

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 12:13 PM »
hey Flutter the design is totally ok cause he just looks like a real guy. And thats really good!

Differentiating him will have to be done more than usual through characterization and interaction but that also is good.
I say dont worry so much about his design and give him some action.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

292 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us