Percy the Psychotic Psionic

Percy the Psychotic Psionic
« on: Apr 23, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Hey guys. Like I said, I'm planning on getting back into things around here and I decided to kick things off with a new character of mine that I really enjoy. Here are some sketches and a rough description which may change.

"The only difference between madness and genius is SUCESS. Although I tend to blur that line a wee bit."

Name: Percival P. Priscillian (aka Percy, Triple P, That Damn Psion)
Age: Unknown (always answers a radically different age if asked, but is very, very old)
Height: 6 ft
Weight: Pretty light

Slightly Edited:
In simplest terms, Percival is chaos incarnate. A raving lunatic with far too much power that has existed for ages and traversed numerous dimensions. He is responsible or has played a part in many of the most climatic and world-changing events in the multiverse simply because he is capable of doing so. Despite his power, he mostly enjoys to simply pester those he takes a liking to and disturb the peace. At most times he is nothing more than that one annoying crazy friend (more like nuisance) who just won't go away and makes things even worse with his psychic abilities. However, at the worst of times, and I mean WORST, he is a chaotic harbinger of destruction.

On the surface, Percy is a psychotic, obnoxious, wise-cracking, bumbling maniac drunk with his own power. And that is exactly correct. But if one to look past that, Percy is a pathetic shell of a man driven by the single urge to leave his mark wherever he goes and to never be forgotten. He hardly takes anything seriously and lives to simply cause trouble of many kinds. Surprisingly, he much more easily befriends others than he make enemies, although whether or not this is better is debatable. He will gladly retell any of his past adventures to those willing and unwilling to listen except for how he became the way he is. He can't quite remember how but he knows he doesn't want to. He also speaks with a RIDICULOUS Scottish/Irish accent.

Being a psion, Percy has a variety of powerful abilities. His favorites are telekinesis, levitation, and psychic energy blasts. His other abilities are mostly utility-esque and he only seems to remember them when it is convenient. His greatest weakness is his own lack of sanity. The potency and effectiveness of his powers fluctuate as much as his mental state. A lot of the time Percy may not even bother with his powers and flounder about like an idiot. Surprisingly these embarrassing displays work in his favor a lot of the time through sheer luck. He is also incredibly frail and will bitch about a simple paper cut for attention. Then again he will laugh off losing a limb, claiming it to be a "flesh wound." He is also known for breaking the fourth wall.

After a recent fall from grace, Percy has abandoned a large majority of his power to jump dimensions looking for some fun. His sights have now turned to Void. Being a bizarre little city collecting all sorts of oddities in the multiverse, he sees it as a perfect place to raise some hell and relax for a while.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2013, 03:01 PM by Blinkspeed »

Re: Percy the Psychotic Psionic
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2013, 02:30 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this guy, and I'd like to see his intro pages to get a better feel for it. Right now, he feels like an all-powerful guy with some attempts at making him not quite invincible. I'm worried about his chaotic nature just completely taking over VOID (which might be interesting, since we basically just had that exact event occur a couple of weeks ago with the TTT finale).

I guess personally, my issue with this character is that he doesn't feel human. I like your sketches, though, and I'm hoping his intro pages will alleviate some of my anxieties. :)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Yeah on paper he is kinda overwhelming I realized after writing it down. He works much better in a given situation at not being all-powerful (which i do hate in a character).

Fun-fact, he was spawned from a D&D character, so that's kinda why he's powerful. Percy is mostly a character made to promote a plot (forcefully if needed) and keep it going with his antagonistic behaviors in most situations. His development will likely rely on his interactions with others.

Hmm, probably not that helpful tryin' to explain it. I'm sure his intro may alleviate some doubts. Also I will likely change his bio a bit. I really don't intend to make him as powerful as he likes to think he is. In fact I think I'll go ahead and edit it a bit.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2013, 04:19 PM »
My character, also a psion, was also born from a DnD campaign, but since then shes seen some halla revamps because whats cool in DnD doesn't always work in comics- DnD is slightly less about character growth and more about cool weapons n' shit, awesome spells and fighting powerful monsters with said weapons and spells but in comics we need a guy we can empathize with, or root for, and if hes too crazy powerful he'll be hard to follow- also if hes too crazy, you can do crazy, hell yes you can but make sure theres enough humanity to make him relatable. but you do seem to agree so I won't press that point.
I... SKIMMED your bio ^^; you're gonna wanna trim that down, just tell us the important stuff and show the rest in your comics. I look forward to seeing some intro comics to get a good idea of this guy, I like his design! Maybe sometime when you get him in we will have a former DnD psychic showdown!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Personally power levels mean nothing in Void, since winning is based on how strong your comics are.

THAT SAID, let's see some pages! I totally skimmed over his bio, show who he is through pages!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Agreed with Tofu, power levels mean nothing so long as execution is done well.

That said, this guy can kinda work, just needs some intro pages to get a better feel for this guy.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2013, 10:49 PM »
The arms look stubby in that main view. It gives the impression that you just drew trenchcoat without kind of blocking out proportions first. Or maybe it's just the torso being very long.

I think I'm instituting a new policy where I don't read bios till after I see pages. They're so easy to type, but this is a comic site after all. I don't care how powerful a character is so long as compelling stories can be told with them & their interactions with other people. What I don't like is what seems a little like a crazy-for-crazy's-sake situation, which comes off a little flat to me. If he's a mostly a harmless pest 90% of the time, lunatic isn't a good descriptor. If he's a psychopath, was it something that drove him to that? And to what extent? What is it that he does that is so crazy? Just saying he's "crazy" is like listening to a middle aged secretary overcompensate while describing a party.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

262 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us