Sticker & Button JAMMY JAM JAM

Sticker & Button JAMMY JAM JAM
« on: Apr 15, 2013, 11:19 AM »
Sticker Designs

In the near future, we plan to do a fundraiser for advertising money. Similar to how kickstarter works, we would like to offer rewards for levels of donation. This jam's purpose is to create some sticker and buttons designs that you would like to have as rewards for pledge money.

I do not have information about what amount of money will get you what products yet. Most likely you will have to pledge more than $10 to get anything, but you will receive a few items for you pledge. More information to follow.

Even if you are not planning on pledging, you can still design buttons and stickers for other people to use.

This is your chance to get a high quality large sticker made of your character!!

If you are drawing a character that doesn't belong to you, you will need permission from the owner of that character to get an items made with their image.

If you would like to offer your design to whoever wants it, please indicate that it is ok for other people to use.

For example:

Here's my design for a TL Bot sticker. Anyone can order this sticker if they want it.

Stickers don't have to have to have the logo on them, but if you would like to use it here is a .tif http://entervoid.com/images/promo/VoidCrest.tif

YES you can design a sticker that only YOU would want. If you want a sticker of your character eating ice cream in a top hat, then it shall be done.

YES you can design more generic stickers that can be ordered by anyone.

Stickers Specs
Stickers will be digitally printed on vinyl. They will have die-cut edges, so you do not need to design a square or rectangle (unless that's what you want.)
Of course, don't make the edges insane, or make part of the sticker too thin.

I'm limiting the size to around 4" - 5" in any direction. Please make sure they are the proper resolution.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Button Specs
Buttons have a pin back, and are 1" in diameter. When designing, please provide a bleed area in the form of a square. Art that is a 1" x 1" circle will not work. I would design them as 1.5" x 1.5" squares to ensure there is enough bleed.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2013, 06:05 PM by Red »

Re: Sticker & Button JAMMY JAM JAM
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Here's my TL Bot sticker, anyone can have it if they want it :0

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2013, 02:25 PM »
so if we want them die-cut we have to draw that black outline around them?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2013, 02:31 PM »
so if we want them die-cut we have to draw that black outline around them?

Yes and no. The die-cut HAS to be vector, so I was assuming that I would be the one adding that. I'm just adding the black line for reference.

If you could at least indicate the basic shape of your die-cut (if it's a nebulous blob like in my sticker) that would be great. It can just be a light line. If you want your sticker to go right to the edge of the art, just say so.

If anyone is experienced in vector stuff, you can obviously send me the outline too :D

Obviously making silly things like small strands of hair would require a sort of background behind it to make things work. Personally, I like the nebulous white blob look, it makes it look more sticker-ish haha.

I'll be sure to let you guys know if you come up with a die-cut that will not work.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2013, 02:39 PM »
Oh, so you mean... the art for the stickers has to be vector or JUST the outline for the die-cut? Sorry, I'm not experienced with this sort of thing.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Oh, so you mean... the art for the stickers has to be vector or JUST the outline for the die-cut? Sorry, I'm not experienced with this sort of thing.

Oh sorry just the outline has to be vector! I will draw that for you, just indicate where you would like the die cut to be and I'll do the vector part!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2013, 04:13 PM »
I'm joining this. Heck, I'm drawing something for this as we speak since I need something to draw for the April Challenge anyways.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Here's a sticker for you guys.

It's 4 in. x 4 in. at 300 dpi. Not sure if that's what you want.
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2013, 05:52 PM by Jackster »

« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2013, 05:54 PM »
It's perfect and adorable!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2013, 06:46 PM »
I have sticker designs for tiff ready to roll. Ill need to resize em tho

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2013, 08:11 PM »

Here you go! Emailing you the hi res with the outline. Anyone can buy it.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Is this right? Is this outline too weird? 300 dpi and 4x4. This is one of those for anyone.

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2013, 05:00 AM »

Anyone can buy.

Not entirely sure if I did it correctly. I've got a TIFF 4x5 size copy in case.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013, 05:06 AM by Barnzi88 »

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2013, 06:05 AM »
I wonder if people can use some of their Pocket Fighter Jam designs as stickers.  Some of those are really cool and if they were stickers I'd totally be on that.  Plus we have tons of art for it already and it's not like we're infringing.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2013, 07:25 AM »
That's a great idea! Yeah, if you guys have art that you've already made that you'd like as a sticker, feel free to use that!! Pocket fighter art would be so awesome as stickers!!!!

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2013, 07:41 AM »

Here is a Johnny and Co sticker! Here's hoping it saved at 300dpi @_@

Available for anyone to buy :3
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013, 07:45 AM by Sabulive »

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2013, 08:34 AM »
GUYS, THESE ARE AWESOME.

Remember, you can use old art if you want to convert it into a sticker too :)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 17, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Ahhh I quite liked my pocket fighter jams but I have no idea if they're the right sizes!
These are the largest files I have of them:

(Shift should be smaller than Caps but he's just larger in the preview due to the inconsistent widths I saved them in.)

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2013, 05:53 PM »
I'm going to use my Pocket Fighter Jane Blonde :D I'll have that up in the next day or so.

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2013, 07:48 PM »
My design...I'm happy for anyone to buy it

If I have time I might knock up some "chibi" headshots of people's characters too. I already started doing those actually but then this happened and I got carried away aha
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013, 08:11 PM by Becs »

« Reply #20 on: Apr 17, 2013, 08:03 PM »
HOLY SHIT BECS

« Reply #21 on: Apr 21, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Inspired by Bec's design

« Reply #22 on: Apr 21, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Aaaah Red that's amazing, so adorable :D

« Reply #23 on: Apr 21, 2013, 10:18 AM »

Tiny Nyasuus!

« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2013, 11:37 AM »
HOLY SHIT I'm buying some of those!
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

308 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 430.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us