RE: Black Stripe Anthology

Re: RE: Black Stripe Anthology
« Reply #25 on: Apr 24, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Is there a limit for how short or long the comic can be?
Nevermind :(
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2013, 10:27 AM by DeathlySilent »
\'Ello...

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 08:20 AM »
How long can or most a entry be? is there an maximum page limit for how long the comic can be?

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 08:23 AM »
How long can or most a entry be? is there an maximum page limit for how long the comic can be?

I would say somewhere around 20 pages is the most you'll want to do, but 10 great pages will outshine 20 shitty ones.

Especially since this is due at the end of the month.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:25 AM by GOD DAMN IT ROFLQU »

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56 AM »

I would say somewhere around 20 pages is the most you'll want to do, but 10 great pages will outshine 20 shitty ones.

Especially since this is due at the end of the month.

Thank you for the info, know I know.

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 05:53 PM »
hey.... ya'll got my entry yah? nobody ever responded <3

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Sorry about the lack of response.  Been busy with other stuff but yes I have your entry safely tucked away.

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 11:22 AM »
Just a reminder that May is in its death throes and there are twenty days left to finish your entries! 

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I'm getting there... COME ONNN!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 02:08 PM »
I waited till after school to start working on this and I don't think I'll be able to finish without rushing it... would my entry still be eligible for the next anthology? :(
\'Ello...

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 11:57 AM »
I've nearly finished inking my 20 pages. Gonna start gray scales next week but I'm on track to finish by the end of the month.

Hopefully everyone else is making great progress so the book can finally see the light of day!

I'm curious to know who all is still working on their entries, can I get a shoutout?
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 11:59 AM »
I've nearly started on the pencils for mine :D

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 12:06 PM »
  I've made it to the watercolors on mine, so it should be no problem to get it in on time.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 06:28 PM »
I've got 2 more pages to render, so I'm confident I'll be finished in time C:
Also,
-Please include any bio info/website info/credits you would like to have at the end of your entry.  Also include a link to a body of work (such as Deviant Art).  We will be creating a template for an author page to go along with each entry for a more uniform look.
So has this template been made? Can I find it somewhere? Or should I just make it myself?

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34 PM »
I finished mine BACK WHEN IT WAS DUE THE FIRST TIME
lulz

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 04:31 PM »
I've got 2 more pages to render, so I'm confident I'll be finished in time C:
Also,
-Please include any bio info/website info/credits you would like to have at the end of your entry.  Also include a link to a body of work (such as Deviant Art).  We will be creating a template for an author page to go along with each entry for a more uniform look.
So has this template been made? Can I find it somewhere? Or should I just make it myself?

Basically just send us the info you want and we'll take care of the template.  We basically want to create a nice uniform look for it so we'll take of those details.  Just send us relevant info like your actual name, a webpage where your body of work can be found and maybe a little something about yourself.  If you have no website that's fine too, just include the other two.  Also please include a picture of yourself (self drawn is fine too).

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Quote from: Willy Will
Basically just send us the info you want and we'll take care of the template.  We basically want to create a nice uniform look for it so we'll take of those details.  Just send us relevant info like your actual name, a webpage where your body of work can be found and maybe a little something about yourself.  If you have no website that's fine too, just include the other two.  Also please include a picture of yourself (self drawn is fine too).

Ah, I'm glad this was brought up because I never got to do mine the first time. So are we emailing you this info? If so, I can have that for ya ASAP

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Quote from: Willy Will

Ah, I'm glad this was brought up because I never got to do mine the first time. So are we emailing you this info? If so, I can have that for ya ASAP

Yeah, you can send it to either Will or myself. (Or both if you're paranoid (it's good to be paranoid.).)

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Cool. Well, I ended up just sending it to the entervoidtumblr email account that's on the first post of this topic, so hopefully one of you guys will see it.

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2013, 09:18 AM »
Bad news from our end, Evi and I fell into that hole of not planning well and the story doubled in size.  Had it been the intended length we would have finished it (plus a few extra pages), but as it stands there is too much work left to be done in the next five days. 

We'll most likely finish it when we finish it and post it on the site when it's ready.

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52 AM »
  Aw man, that sucks guys. Still, I hope you guys end up posting it, it'd be awful if you guys made all that great art and we didn't get to see it.

Mine is finished, I just need to scan it and send it in. I'll probably do that soon, I just want to get some crit on it before I decide it's good as is.

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Yeah, the good news of the situation is the evi and I won't let each other give up on something that is, technically, nearly done.  We just have more time to do it. 

There will be a 'next time', and that time we will plan better and use the full amount of time to our advantage instead of waiting until the last second to jump on.

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 07:56 AM »
I have received a few entries but I'd like to remind everyone who is still planning on submitting that tomorrow is the deadline so please turn in or if you're just that close but still need a little time please tell me and we'll see what we can do.     The success of this book will determine if there will be a volume 2.

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 08:28 AM »
I really tried, but I just wasn't making anything I was happy with, so unfortunately I won't be submitting :/ I have like 5 versions of my first page that I don't like.

Siiighhhhh.....

I fall apart without structure, honestly. This was too open-ended for me and I just flailed around wondering what to do.

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Just sent ColdShoulderAve's and mine in!! It's only 6 pages :). So happy we got it done in time.
\'Ello...

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2013, 03:30 PM »
Mine's all done, and shall be in tomorrow before work sir! ;D

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

555 Guests, 2 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us