The Official Once-A-Week Project Thread

Re: The Official Once-A-Week Project Thread
« Reply #100 on: Jan 26, 2013, 01:09 AM »
week 4 and it's a quiet vid again...

« Reply #101 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Sorry guys, I seem to have dropped off the grid with this. I'll make a new vid tomorrow to kickstart myself again. Seeing as how I'm going back to school, things may get a bit easier to manage now.

I am guilty of being lazy.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #102 on: Jan 26, 2013, 02:38 PM »
http://youtu.be/CTENewZUvHA

Oopsies forgot about this. Apologies D:

« Reply #103 on: Jan 29, 2013, 09:22 PM »
http://randomgamerart.tumblr.com/post/41846913208/once-a-week-week-5

This was one of those weeks where I don't make much progress towards my goals, but eh, it happens sometimes.

« Reply #104 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:01 AM »
A day late, but whatever. It's not like anyone watches these anyways lol.

http://youtu.be/B_NVmWrJBLE

« Reply #105 on: Jan 31, 2013, 09:31 AM »
That makes me feel sad.
I just want everyone to know I have been watching every single one of these things. I really enjoy watching all of them because it feels like, for just a few minutes every week, I get to hang out with you guys and get to know what you're working on.
I am super-sad lots of people seem to have stopped, too. (Of course I know everyone has really good reasons! but just saying I do miss them.)

Even if I don't comment or whatever all the time I guess I'm only posting this so Bobo (and anybody else who shares that sad sentiment) knows that I care and do watch and enjoy all these!! <3

« Reply #106 on: Jan 31, 2013, 02:16 PM »
The viewcounts say otherwise, Bobo!

I know it's difficult to stay motivated, but we can all get over this slump! My own update is forthcoming, I expect to see one from all of you this weekend as well!

« Reply #107 on: Jan 31, 2013, 02:37 PM »
Just for you Pocketmouse, I will make a 5min video of just me smiling and nodding along so you can pretend you are having a legit conversation with me.

In the meantime, week 05 http://youtu.be/LIyghKTSr1g
ITS PRETTY LAME

« Reply #108 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:14 PM »
so SailorLoneStar/ThreeFatesAngel decided to set up with awesome G+ group for us!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102334988129623078952?cfem=1

hopefully this will kind of tie things together a little better, and keep everyone updated on everyone else's progress. there's also sections for sharing tips and tricks for organizing life tasks and getting stuff done, so i hope everyone takes advantage of that!

most of all, i want to remind everyone that the goal of this thing isn't necessarily to try and "finish" your list every week. the journey is more important than the destination in this case, and we're all here to support each other no matter how much you did or didn't get done from week to week!

« Reply #109 on: Jan 31, 2013, 03:40 PM »
That makes me feel sad.
I just want everyone to know I have been watching every single one of these things. I really enjoy watching all of them because it feels like, for just a few minutes every week, I get to hang out with you guys and get to know what you're working on.
I am super-sad lots of people seem to have stopped, too. (Of course I know everyone has really good reasons! but just saying I do miss them.)

Even if I don't comment or whatever all the time I guess I'm only posting this so Bobo (and anybody else who shares that sad sentiment) knows that I care and do watch and enjoy all these!! <3

B'awwwwwwww thanks Pocketmouse! That is so sweet, and I'm glad my video can keep you some company.

This makes me curious: how many people here would be interested in doing video chats or something occasionally? I think it would be really neat for those of us who can't get to cons or who live far away from other VOIDers to have another way to sort of hang out. Just a thought, since it's so fun to see everyone's faces and feel like I know you just a tiny bit from your videos. :)

« Reply #110 on: Jan 31, 2013, 04:30 PM »
i'm up for a video chat, although you might see my hand go and scratch my butt every once in a while. voicechat would be fun too, and maybe wont kill as much bandwidth

Also.... update for this week:
http://youtu.be/NK5HWKSIU6I
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2013, 04:55 PM by pineapple pocky »
just browsing here and there

« Reply #111 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:42 PM »
I haven't done my video for the week because I've been falling behind on my goals... which sounds really dumb, now that I type it out. But! I'm not giving up yet, I just need to refocus my efforts for the rest of this week.

« Reply #112 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:47 PM »
No video from me this week, because I went on camp, I came back and slept, and then some serious shit went down and I've just wanted to crawl up into a ball and do nothing because of it. Will be right by next week.
sugoi

« Reply #113 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:25 PM »

« Reply #114 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Good to see you're back in, man. Looking forward to SunChild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx-eZdTGJGo

Man, this one was a bit late, but I'm gonna keep on it the best I can.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 PM by Zest »

« Reply #115 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:13 AM »

« Reply #116 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:55 AM »
I decided to start a support group of sorts to help everyone stick to their new year's resolutions. Give encouragement to your fellow Once-A-Weekers, and share tips on how to stay productive. Together, we can all follow through!
<3 Just a reminder of why we started doing this in the first place. :')

« Reply #117 on: Feb 01, 2013, 01:27 AM »
See you at kendo if you can make it this weekend, Pi!

« Reply #118 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:19 AM »
Unfortunately my saturdays are gonna be kinda busy this semester with drumline practice at 11am. :(

i might check out some of their other practices though, if i can.

« Reply #119 on: Feb 01, 2013, 02:48 AM »
this is awesome, I've been looking through the videos as background noise while working haha. go peoples.
Get ready- pop it, let's go.
Enter galactic, you and me,
Enter galactic, you and me.

« Reply #120 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:43 AM »

« Reply #121 on: Feb 01, 2013, 11:10 AM »
join us, jho!!

« Reply #123 on: Feb 01, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Just making it known that I, too, am watching all of your video in friendship- cheering you on in your endeavors and sympathizing in your struggles. It is good to know you in this way, its rather personal and I admire your bravery in being so forthcoming. So rarely do people get to see the life behind the artwork, the distractions, the sacrifices, the phobias and the triumphs in posting the final work. Its something only our kindred spirits could fully comprehend, that shared experience.

I really enjoy watching these to get me pumped to work, seeing how others struggle with procrastination or self-doubt in the skills, its a universal trait that we can push through together. I am just not technologically savvy enough to make my own.

As for feeling disconnected, there seems to be meccas of Voiders-I've met quite a few in person over the years-  used to be Chicago, now SoCal, Germany, London, Oz... but people on the outside should still be in the loop.
The modern marvel of Skype means we're never more than phone call away from face to face. So even with out globe spanning clan of creators, we can be the best of friends and cultivate meaningful relationships through our art, stories we share, podcasts, chatroom and particularly Skype. Since Void meetups don't happen terribly often, especially for those in the distant reaches, face time is crucial for that human aspect.

Maybe we could get a Skype listing going.
DOIN THE BULL DANCE, FEELIN THE FLOW, WORKIN IT

« Reply #124 on: Feb 01, 2013, 01:47 PM »
YES.

Mine is the-bent-one

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

278 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 304.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us