Elge's Character Thread II

Elge's Character Thread II
« on: Nov 25, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Shiro and Turkey now travel together to find answers about each of their parents and Shiro’s sister. Lucy’s father disappeared shortly after her and her sister excelled in their magic training, leaving no trace behind.
As for Turkey, his father was last seen in a battle, where he “sacrificed” himself so the others could escape. Turkey does not accept his father has died and is stubborn on finding him.

Turkey is very submissive in almost all aspects, Lucy is the complete opposite. She tends to boast around in an attempt to intimidate her opponents. Sure, she might be a great magician and all, but her own pride almost always makes her fall down and get beaten easily.

Lucy will try to end battles quickly by using powerful magic attacks. This usually tires her quickly and makes her vulnerable. Not to mention she’s quite easy to knock down by few hits. She has a dagger hidden on her belt.
The boy prefers to avoid battle and will attempt to talk things out. However, if Shiro’s in danger, he won’t think it twice and jump in.
Turkey’s battle style is defensive. And usually stays close to Shiro, trying to protect her.
Never threaten Lucy in front of Turkey, or he’ll get enraged quickly.

When battling by himself: He’ll enjoy long combats where warriors battle to their limit. His body allows him to take several hits before being defeated.
Whenever damaged, he’ll bleed black instead of the usual red.

Turkey has a dark secret that only Shiro and a few friends know. His true form is hidden behind the human he appears to be, deep inside he is a creature known as a Shadow Demon. He’s able to go back to his original form at will, and he even feels more comfortable that way, but prefers not to for fear of intimidating allies.
He can also be made to go back to his demon form if forced by emotional pressure or when they use Dark Magic on him.
Without her knowing, Shiro emanates a special magic that allows Turkey to stay longer on his human form.
If he were to be near a dark creature, he’ll have trouble staying on his human form.

Whenever he is on his Shadow form, 4 extra limbs appear on his back. These are extremely flexible and can stretch short distances. His arms and legs also grow in a not proportionate manner.
He becomes more powerful and faster on this form. He may look intimidating, but he is still a coward.
His clothes usually are ripped off, because of the muscle and height growth. Being shy, he’ll feel embarrassed of this.

The Swordman is in love with Shiro, and he has told her, but she seems to ignore him whenever he tries anything romantic. She’ll never admit it, but she also has her heart set on him.
Lucy dyed her hair Lavender. People tend to confuse her for a boy, since she’s not very feminine in her way of acting and/or talking.

TL;DR

He's a boy who uses two swords, and can transform into a dark creature
She's a powerful mage who helps the boy stay on his human form.
He's in love with her, she's also in love, but will never tell him.

________

Something to keep me busy in between battles. I don't think I am getting them up anytime soon, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback before I start doing the Intro comic.

Re: Elge's Character Thread II
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:24 PM »
I think you should focus on your Joey comics before bringing in new characters. They seem to have a massive backstory that I'm not seeing in these designs, and I'll be the first to tell you that it's tough bringing in a character with a massively established background. Try drawing more (showing) instead of writing all these textblocks (telling), and they'll be more interesting to your readers. Joey had more to him in terms of show, plus I think you should try and stay focused on working on storytelling and technical drawing for Joey first. Your limbs kind of are attached oddly to the rest of the body, and you could really work on studying joints/hip area/etc.

All of your characters have the same kind of thin/underfed bodytype as well, so I suggest experimenting with drawing people and characters of different sizes and shapes.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012, 07:33 PM »

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Saving that, Duel. XD So true

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Paavo Lawson

A young werewolf from New York City who was asked to investigate the whereabouts of the werewolves of VOID City. He took the mission rigt away once he heard that Minerva Neway, his High School friend, might be in danger.
Upon arrival, he found a destroyed city. With no trace of the clan or his friend.

-Very loyal
-Knows the basics of Martial Arts
-He is very quick on his feet, not very strong with his arms though.
-Extremely easy to fluster.
-Full Moons affect his Temper and Sexual Drive. (Wrath and Lust demons anyone?)

I am still unsure on the final design. Color-wise.
So any feedback would be nice. Thank you.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 12:36 PM »
I really like his clothing design--I think the colors work, too.

So, he's not a traditional werewolf, I take it? (i.e. he has no human form?) He's more like a straight-up wolf anthro? That's cool, just getting a clear picture. I like that the moon still has an effect on him.

As for the intro pages, I don't understand the background lines in the first page. It's hard to tell what kind of room that is, and where the characters are. For example, the lines to the far left of the character in panel 1 sort of come together in this...strange geometric confluence. Your city backgrounds are far more successful, so I'm glad you're paying attention to environmental details! It's just the beginning scenes I'm confused about.

Yay! Keep it up Elge--I see definite improvement!

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Gugh, thanks Kent! <3

He's a traditional werewolf. Yeah.
Just very uncommon for him to show his Human form.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 08:34 PM »

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on her clothing. I am not too sure.
Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 12:44 AM »
Heyyy for me it feels a lil on the plain side - like i feel there should be more detail like especially on the shoes on the left one. Like unless this is what u wanna go for... Thing i like to do when outfit inspiration looking i sometimes go on lookbook lol - its pretty good and u can search for specific things hahah :->

Its looking cool tho, curious what its gonna be! :)

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 01:53 PM »
I'll second Fern's advice, and add that you should look up some real clothing from whatever time period/style you're hoping to imitate or draw inspiration from. There are a lot of really neat details you can add to clothing, but it's hard to know what details to add without finding some references to existing articles of clothing.

Can I also add that I think her torso is a little too long and her lower body too short? I think this might be something you do a lot, so it's something to pay attention to in the future.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I would also advise you to brush up on your fabrics and drapery. Clothes behave a certain way when worn, and can really bring out the volume and weight of a nice, long billowy robe like you have there (Hint: they're also a great way to convey motion!).

I will also mirror Fern and Bobo above me regarding her design and her proportions. Her clothes do look a little plain, and there's nothing indicative of what makes her different from a random background extra. If you're still mulling about ideas for her clothing choices, consider clothing and colors that might reflect her lifestyle, attitude, or personality. As for the proportions, try to consider how much vertical space you are allotting to each of the top half and bottom half. They would generally be even, but you can choose to skew it one or the other way to bring out certain qualities, like a broader torso to suggest a top-heavy build, or longer legs to emphasize on a character who is mobile.

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36 PM »
I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, and assuming she was a little person.
Want a Smile shirt?
http://www.redbubble.com

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 06:21 PM »
I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, and assuming she was a little person.

Lmao, she's meant to be a small person. So I guess I got that part right. (???¿?)

Still, the above comments are right. Her torso is a bit too long maybe.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 04:03 AM »
I guess it depends what you are trying to achieve - if it's just a petite/short person (LIKE ME! ;) I'm 5 foot) they generally have same proportions as taller people. If it's someone with dwarfism then the torso would be longer, also depending on the type (and there are many). I did think it was the latter you were going for tho, if this helps.

« Reply #14 on: Jun 17, 2017, 03:11 PM »

I was inspired by [member=711]Hellis[/member]' character Matilda White, to try with these two again.

Currently on a Battle queue, so might as well polish myself with an Intro Comic.

Any feedback encouraged, thank you beforehad.

Yep. I blatantly stole Final Fantasy's White Mage design.

« Reply #15 on: Apr 10, 2018, 10:24 PM »
Based off appearances:

Joey is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies
Paavo is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies
Tura is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies

You have some interesting character designs, but they usually follow the exact same body type, frame and personality. So in essence, I feel like i'm just seeing the same character in a different skin. I dunno how married you are to this, but maybe try varying your body types and character make ups to make something more dynamic and unique.

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Based off appearances:

Joey is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies
Paavo is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies
Tura is a slim lanky beta male with submissive tendencies

You have some interesting character designs, but they usually follow the exact same body type, frame and personality. So in essence, I feel like i'm just seeing the same character in a different skin. I dunno how married you are to this, but maybe try varying your body types and character make ups to make something more dynamic and unique.

Took your comment as a chance to try giving them different physical qualities but I-... I don't know...

hepl

« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2018, 03:18 PM »
here's a possible experiment to try: Describe the personality of each character with up to three words, and try writing them without first comparing and contrasting; do that after you've completed the three lists, and see what ways you can incorporate those traits into their looks

« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2019, 02:38 AM »
Not someone I really plan on uploading as a character in the future, but thought he belonged here, considering Jiisuri's Monomythica plays a role in his story.

Vlunxiyra "Luis" Ríos started as a DnD campaign cleric, Monomythica being his godess.
I guess I got attached and now I draw him often.
He summons Monomythica's pen and log as spirit weapons.
He also has a blue uncommon fur color and sometimes it glows. He's mocked by the party by being called sparkledog.
Luis is a very angre doge.

Have another lanky beta male.
Why does this elge person keep appearing in my posts, they have even invaded the title of MY thread.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 03:03 PM by Dechado »

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2019, 11:07 PM »

I'm trying to challenge myself to finish Luis' intro before Rumble Roulette starts. But like always I need validation so here I am posting WIPs.

There's two more pages I am still working on, but they are really rough drafts, so showing them is not an option yet. So have this dumb cliffhanger only not really.

Sorry for butchering Amy/Monomythica Jii.

« Reply #20 on: Nov 16, 2019, 06:22 PM »

And the last two pages.
Time to cryink. @_@

I'm definitely not completing this before the Roulette starts, but eh. It was a fun challenge either way.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

293 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us