30 Character Challenge!

Re: 30 Character Challenge!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 04, 2012, 07:08 PM »
I've been in Chicago since Wednesday and didn't take my laptop, so some of these are bad iphone photos. I'm trying to keep up with this. Sorry if they're boring. Here goes:

Day 1

This is Diana Spears, drag queen extraordinaire! She’s super bitchy and hates everyone. She only loves her momma and vise verse.

Day2

Devon, a homeless man suffering from cancer. He knows he only has a little time left, so instead of collecting change for himself, he collects it for other homeless people in the city. He just wants to leave the world a little better.

Day 3

These two are creatures from a universe where animals, besides apes, evolved into “humans”.

They are teachers at a public high school in South Africa. Gary is an uptight, self-absorbed writer and English teacher. He hates his job and claims he’s only doing this until he makes millions off of his soon to be finished “literary masterpiece”.

Zoé teaches theater. She’s a friendly and mellow lady who takes her job very seriously and loves her students.

Day 4

Beverly Kodiak is a 6-year-old girl who lives in the woods with her lumberjack father. She likes to explore the land, talk to animals, and dance. When she grows up, she wants to be a bear. :)

« Reply #26 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Cool stuff everyone. Super late day 3 but whatever.

Tremaine Hart. Eccentric leader at the helm of a super secret society of sexual deviants bent on world sexualization.

« Reply #27 on: Nov 05, 2012, 12:30 AM »
Already day 5 and I am behind.

Day 3
Smoke Mask - The year is 1902, Chicago's Fire Department is less than noble. Starting Fires, Extortion and murder. They were worse than the mob. David Jackson's father, A volunteer fire fighter, stood up to them. He was silenced. David, 10 years later, Dawned his father's uniform and Smoke Mask. He uses it to put the smackdown on criminals and put out fires.  Grateful citizens call him Smoke Mask, from his protective head wear.

Day 4
Giovanni Ragusa - An amateur astronomer from a small secluded village in Italy. Giovanni's dream is to map out the night sky. The only problem is that he is terrible at it, constantly mistaking planes and weather balloons for celestial objects. He dresses like the astronomers in his books in the hopes of being more like them.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 05, 2012, 04:35 AM »
Instead of posting my characters here, I'm just gonna link you to my tumblr.

That link will take you directly to my 30 character challenge tags. I'm hoping to get caught up today since I started a day late :)

« Reply #29 on: Nov 05, 2012, 12:33 PM »
LOVING everyone's characters so far! I was too busy this weekend to draw anything so I'm a few days behind. I caught up by doodling a bunch of characters today so excuse the dump/bad qualities...

Little Timmy Owen (name is a deliberate reference lol) He's a meerkat gangster who is in denial about the fact he is a meerkat. Well, he knows he is deep down, but he's pretty certain he's got everyone else fooled that he's actually human (note: he doesn't.) He tries his best to do people things like eat human food, drink booze and engage in mob related activities but his short stature often gets in the way (don't mention it though, you'll piss him off.) When he's angry or stressed he sometimes breaks into old meerkat habits. He has a little secret tin of worms and grubbies to munch on to calm his nerves in just such a situation. Also he has a tiny tommy gun but I drew this in class and didn't have a picture of one for reference :P

This is 11-year-old Eddie and her 8-year-old brother, CJ. They live in a post-nuclear apocalypse London. In their world, the radiation affected people in different ways. Some were outright killed (like their parents) while some were transformed into zombie-like monsters that attack and eat human flesh. And then there were a select few who were actually enhanced by the nuclear radiation and given weird powers. As far as these two know, they were untouched by the radiation so they now just wander the abandoned streets trying to survive. CJs super soaker has like acid in it or something (I dunno I've been watching too much Breaking Bad...) that he uses to ward off zombies, while Eddie is ace at cricket so can smash their heads off with her bat pretty easy.

this woman literally does not have a story i'm sorry.

This is a Sunsprite called Parhelion. He's very young, small and naive (in sunsprite terms) standing at about 8ft tall. His skin is grey and solid like coal and his eyes are black glass. There's bright sunlight shining from each of his joints when he moves. He came to Earth of his own accord to warn them that the Sun was going to declare war because the human race was using too much of the Sun's energy to fuel their excessive greed (in this world they use magic, which is powered by the Sun)

so yeah, I'll try to do one each day from now on to avoid future massive dumps!

« Reply #30 on: Nov 05, 2012, 02:21 PM »

#6 Akkarat

Akkarat is a no-nonsense person that, along with Musashi, sold his soul to a demon, albeit for a more noble cause. His brothers were dying of a disease, and he sold his soul to find a cure, which was located in a far-away land. By the time he had come back from his journey for it, everyone had assumed he was dead and moved on; all but one of his brothers had died from the disease, and his betrothed sweetheart had married another man. Insulted and betrayed, he took his brother and left the village, dedicating himself to the demon who gave him the means to save his last sibling as he had nothing else left. The bargain he made slowly drains him of his capability to feel emotion, leaving behind a cold and calculating mind capable of seeing an opponent’s weaknesses clearly and abusing them to the fullest extent. The only emotion he can arguably still feel with intensity is the love he has for his sole brother.

« Reply #31 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Aww man! You guys are awesome at character design! Slaggle, dude, make Tremaine Hart a Void character, I can see so many crazy/weird/hilarious things with him!

Welp, here's my guy...
Day 5:

Jack Kodiak, father of Beverly Kodiak from yesterday.

Jack is a very successful former lawyer turn lumberjack. Over time he became increasingly fearful of technology and paranoid about the government poisoning people with USDA regulated food, vaccines, and medications. Along with wire-taping to spy on people and brain cancer from cell phones and microwaves.

He decided to sell all his electronics, quit his job, and moved to the woods with his daughter. When Jack isn’t chopping wood, he teaches Beverly about the evils of technology and how to live off the land. He also enjoys writing, mainly stories for Beverly. And he reads 3 week old newspapers from work.

« Reply #32 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:56 PM »

"Those schoolgirls ain't gonna save themselves."

« Reply #33 on: Nov 05, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Day 5

Ingrid Grover - In the year 2586, All cybernetic implants are allowed in the Olympics and professional sporting events. Ingrid Drives to be the first "All Natural"  Gold Medalist in 200 years.

p.s. Kodiak Jack rocks. I really like saying his name.

« Reply #34 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:00 PM »
I'm probably gonna do batches every so often, so sorry in advance for that. I've got 4 and 5 on the way at least!

copypasted from my tumblr
Characters 2 and 3

Both are Grey’s friends.

Tracy is nice calico girl even though she looks a little bit grumpy all the time. Mathematics is her life, and if Grey hadn’t been around she’d be cooped up somewhere scribbling equations and muttering. She still scribbles and mutters but at least she does it outside with others around instead. Her wardrobe was put together by her boyfriend Buck. Without him she’d be stuck in sweatpants and t shirts way too big for her.

Buck is a stage hand, he usually takes care of all the lighting and set up. He’s always had this thing about lights… but then again most deer do. Fashion is something he enjoys as well, and always enjoys being stylish. He claims his horns never really grew in, but there’s a rumor that he somehow keeps them short so he doesn’t have to worry about ripping any of his fancy shirts by accident.

They’re a cute couple that always manage to stay together through thick and thin. Buck wears a small bell necklace and Tracy wears a small bronzed leaf necklace, so they have something to remind themselves of each other when apart.

« Reply #35 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Scourge of the Spacelanes. Merchant vessels fear him. The Confederation curses him. Ladies love him. You’d have to travel pretty far outside the Core of the Four Galaxies to find someone who hasn’t heard the name Sirius Mack.

Legend has it he was once a highly decorated officer in the Terran Armada. It was the academy where he first learned to fly & fight. Basing his technique on the ancient Samurai of Earth, his skill with a plasma blade is truly unparalleled. Upon graduating, he became a pilot. In fact, one of the best pilots, fighting in brutal orbital dogfights of the Great Saldareme War. He quickly rose up the ranks, & was soon commanding his own destroyer class vessel.

Who betrayed who changes, depending on exactly who’s telling the tale. Whatever transpired, it led to Mack stealing that ship & becoming the boldest criminal the universe has ever known. Who else would have the audacity to steal the crown jewels of the Albus, Critea, & Jojunngan Royal families at one gala, or hijack an entire Dyson Sphere?

While Confederation propaganda paints him as this cruel, sadistic butcher, many know it to be nothing more than a lie. While capable, Mack will only fight when he must. Even his victims will often speak kindly of him. While no one ever wants to get robbed, the people he preys upon often express relief, possibly even get a little starstruck that it’s by him. They call him a consummate gentleman, & say that to be victimized by him is almost a badge of honor. And while he may be just a thief, to many, he’s the People’s Thief, fighting a corrupt system.

—-

Falling behind. But only thing I’ve got to do tomorrow is vote, so hopefully I can get some more done after I get done with that.

Basically, this dude is a samurai space pirate. Originally tried also playing up a kind of blaxploitation thing too but it got more space opera-y instead. This dude will be a fictional character in a story I'm doing about other space pirates.

« Reply #36 on: Nov 06, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Yesterday and today

Wilhemina, the, uh... steampunk derp cat. I WAS VERY TIRED OKAY

Sabrina is an incredibly talented dancer with an especial love of ballet, but because she doesn't look like conventional ballerinas, she has trouble finding work.

Man i am SO TIRED of doing these in ten minutes because i don't have time in a day to actually make something good. Theres an inspection this week so I keep getting called in to work, plus mid terms. It would be nice to do something with some level of quality.

« Reply #37 on: Nov 06, 2012, 03:07 PM »
I'm challenging myself to do this without any descriptive paragraphs.

"Parking permissions exceeded."
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2012, 03:09 PM by A Bad Idea »

« Reply #38 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:44 PM »

I call this guy Mike. A college student who just wanted to stay awake to study for finals, then he took his first sip of energy drink and, well... it was all a blur for him then...

« Reply #39 on: Nov 06, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Day 5

Composite President - A desperate Presidential Candidate saw he was losing in the polls. With no way to bounce back he attempted to strangle his opponent out of rage. At that very moment the planets of our solar system aligned and unleashed a surge of cosmic energy. This, combined with the Loser's rage and anger mystically combined the two creating THE COMPOSITE PRESIDENT. Their separate votes we also combined allowing him to win with a landslide of 98% of the vote. After taking office he changes his title to SUPER PRESIDENT.

(pretty lame, but topical!)

« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Just gonna post the art with links back to descriptions on my tumblr.

« Reply #41 on: Nov 07, 2012, 12:56 AM »
running behind, but feeling good.

A mounted cop who was accidentally sent back in time, Ted found a gig as a knight patrolling King Arthur's private hunting grounds. His dress and speech are strange, but he gets the job done.

Inspired by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Carmody
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2012, 12:58 AM by (Pi) »

« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2012, 02:27 AM »
So behind

Thaddeus Singh resides in the deepest, darkest slums of the city where he and his crew collect odd trinkets and treasures. Thaddeus is especially fond of exotic animals.

« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Body types!

“The hungry lion hunts fierce, ‘tis true; but the fed lion is a master of many hunts.”

« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Dylan and his teddy bear Bo are the tag team champions of the schoolyard.

This next drawings is probably NSFW

This is mary the Spider Queen, and it is exactly what it looks like.

« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Just got back in school today from an impromptu vacation from Sandy; I may not be able to keep up with my attempted daily schedule of uploads (which I missed yesterday but haven't really stressed upon since I was a day early since Slam and Wham's submission), but I'll try to keep everything up-to-date because I'm having too much fun. :')

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#7 Redwood

Redwood is an innocent young boy that lives in a very peaceful land called Grass Whistle. He lives in a canopy in the trees with his sister and grandfather. He has a habit of being very placid and easy-going, usually following his baby sister in her hobbies, such as flower-picking, basket-weaving, etc. He's very loving and meek and usually doesn't have anything bad to say about anyone.

« Reply #46 on: Nov 07, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Eugene “Buzz” Ellerby was a prominent stuntman in the 1970′s. An established motorcycle daredevil, he was always looking to up the ante with each death-defying feat. While scouting new jump locations, Buzz stumbled upon Brokejaw Canyon. “Oh, I’m crossin’ this sumbitch,” he laughed. “Or die tryin’.” Word spread & his stunt team went to work constructing ramps, completely unaware they were on sacred ground.

They were confronted by members of the local Chinulpa tribe, who at first asked quite nicely for him to reconsider the location. But Buzz’s mind was already made up. The back & forth continued. On a daily basis, the elders would show up & begin to sternly insist that he leave. But Ellerby was dead set in making the jump. When it became apparent that the daredevil wasn’t going to budge, one of the tribe’s shaman decided to take matters into his own hands. He showed up the day before with a thermos, & said he would convince the rest of the tribe to back off, but only if Buzz would drink a warrior’s bravery potion, as was their custom. With the deadline quickly approaching, Buzz reluctantly decided to appease the man & downed the contents of the thermos. The man smiled & Buzz handed it back. Unbeknownst to him, the bitter concoction wasn’t for bravery at all.

The day of the big jump came. A crowd of thousands had shown up to watch & bake in the hot desert sun. TV cameras were there, at the ready. Buzz warmed up his bike, doing a couple of practice laps before heading up the ramp. With all eyes on him, he revved the bike & started to careen down the ramp. Suddenly, something went wrong. Before even reaching the trough of the jump, Buzz had come off the bike, skidding the rest of the way down on his knees. As his crew rushed to his side they realized Buzz was… different. In fact, he was no longer a man, but some sort of half beast.

Ever since, Buzz Ellerby has been cursed. In moments of high stress, he begins to change. Sometimes he resembles a wolf or coyote, other times a falcon. He’s even become snakelike. Or developed a scorpion’s shell. Pretty much any animal from the desert ecosystem. Each transformation lasts for a couple hours. And while he maintains some level of awareness, there’s no telling what will cause him to change, or what he’ll become. And while he clings onto the last shreds of his stunt career, his curse keeps getting in the way.

—-

Keep falling further behind but I'm liking how these are turning out since I've been coloring them at work while I'm rendering other projects. I've got about 3 or 4 part way done so at some point, I'll finish a couple at a time. But until then...... Stuntmanimal.

« Reply #47 on: Nov 08, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Day 4

"The woods ain't what they used to be."

« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2012, 08:09 PM »

#8 Magnolia

Magnolia is a spry little faun girl who lives with her brother and grandfather in a land called Grass Whistle. She loves colorful things, and often brings her brother along on flower-scouring adventures and tends to make jewelry/ribbons for both of her relatives. She's sweet as sugar and loves her brother and grandpappy dearly.

« Reply #49 on: Nov 09, 2012, 12:14 AM »
Day 5:

Gwen "Glenn" Johnson - 1923, She grew up loving baseball. Gwen wanted nothing more then to play in the Major Leagues, but alas her gender combined with social expectations prevent her from doing so. She dons a fake Mustache, and gains a little weight (with a lot of padding). Can she do it?

Day 6

Milo Veretti - The zombie Apocalypse has begun (like we all knew it would). Milo has been bitten, he gets away without any serious injuries but its too late. Join Milo in his decent to madness. As his mind fogs his hunger grows.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2012, 12:16 AM by Video320 »

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 14, 2024, 08:23 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

551 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 643.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us