PuzzleThing's Drawererings

PuzzleThing's Drawererings
« on: Oct 27, 2012, 01:03 PM »
       Hey dudes, I draw/paint stuff! Here's a bunch of stuff from my sketchbook, and some digital stuff. Some of it is older, some way more recent, but I'm sure any criticisms you guys come up with will be totally valid and super helpful. I've been catching a lot of really bad habits recently, and I could definitely use fresh eyes to help.

Here's a few digital things since I'm trying to not suck at that.

And lastly here's a intro comic I did for a new void character that I never submitted. It's the first completely digital comic I did, and it'd be waaaaay worse than it already is if it wasn't for Angie's tutorials and Red's help.

http://i.imgur.com/ETwuK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qWoVz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bK11X.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vTQ7Q.jpg

Re: PuzzleThing's Drawererings
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Oh yay you are back.

Also those intro comics...you should submit them because THEY ARE WICKED.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Sorry, I don't think you're good enough for Void...

Sacasm.

This stuff is niiiiicee. I really dig it.
If you want some criticism though I would say that in some of the later drawings in the post the heads of the characters look very small compared to their bodies and this was a first glance striking kind of thing.

I got this vibe from the intro comic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
Love that song.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2012, 06:33 PM by JoeNeary »

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:32 AM »
submit it you crazy bastard.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2012, 05:57 AM »
that third last digi piece,....i freaking love it !

overall really nice sketchbook material ,pages etc. not much to criticise,besides that its just looking great !

« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Dude, I can't even put into these letter things how much I admire your art.

Also, it's awesome to see gigantic sword girl, I knew you drew her but never saw it in person. <3

« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2012, 06:15 AM »
Puzzle thing still exists?!  If I hadn't seen you in person I would have thought untouched were dead!  Well as per usual your art blows me away.  That and your super expensive paper.  Though I've noticed something odd ive never noticed before.  You seem to have this quirk where you to tend to draw the right arm longer than the left.  Huh.  Anyways...BATTLE!

« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Your colors and attention to detail is really fantastic! I really love the facial expressions on the third page of comics, made me laugh.

As for criticism, your anatomy can get pretty wonky at times, particularly your hands and feet. The way you bend the joints looks unnatural.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:28 PM »
@Charlie-

Thanks dude, I'm happy you like them. I'm totally doing another all digital comic soon, and all the stuff you post on twitter is supa nice, really gets me inspired.

@JoeNeary-

hahahaha I love that song. The bee girl strait up says my favorite line from the song "I bet you thought you the best, minus now".

@Pi and everyone else who says I should submit-

She was a really fun character to write, but I have enough characters I'm not doing anything with, haha.

@stefan-

Thanks brodude, that means a lot coming from you. Your art makes me want to burn my hands off.

@PetiteChair-

Hahaha thanks. You should've just asked me to see it dude, I love showing off just as much as the next person!

@William_Duel-

I was actually thinking of scanning up the page with your art on it, but all of the stuff I drew on that page was really really shit and my shame won out. About the arms, I think in general I really need to muscle down on proportion, like how JoeNeary pointed out oddly tall people. I have a tendancy to stretch people like taffy if I'm not careful.

@Jaz-

Yeah I see what you mean. Lately I've been getting annoyed with how jank my elbows look when they're compressed beyond a certain point. But when I look at the stuff you're talking about, I think any spot where joints bend dramatically looks pretty terrible.

« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Very nice! I love the levels of detail, I can't stop staring.

One criticism, you should write down phone numbers and passwords somewhere else... I'm going to try calling a few of those.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Mar 28, 2024, 07:15 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

89 Guests, 1 User

[]

Most Online Today: 504.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us