EnterVOID Anthology vol 2 Cover Contest

EnterVOID Anthology vol 2 Cover Contest
« on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Due to the success of the first Anthology, a second Anthology will be happening! It is a ways off (official drawing time likely won't start until 2013), but I figured this time it would be wise and give a ton of time so I can perhaps get more than 2 entries for when volume 2 comes around.

The Prize

the winner will get their work as the cover which is a nice way to show off and get your work promoted.

All of the covers you guys make will show up in the book, but only one will get to be the actual cover.

Deadline
MARCH 1, 2014

Who Picks the Winner?
I will be choosing the winner. I will be consulting the council for their opinions, but I will have the final say. No amount of kittens, chocolate, coffee, or fanart will be able to influence my opinion. I will be choosing based on color choice, clarity, how eye catching it is, solid execution, and how appropriate I feel it is for the book. (because of this, I will not be making a cover myself)

Requirements

-Entry must be in color and done in RGB
-Must be 300 dpi
-Must be 7X10.5
-You may do the text if you choose so, if you do, it must contain "EnterVOID Anthology Volume 2" on it. Text must be clear and fit the aesthetics of the cover. So obviously no scribbles/comic sans.
-Collaborations are fine, just don't use this thread to set them up.

The Big Rule on Content

To make things easier I will specifically allow characters to be on the cover. However, if you go the route of a character based cover, no fewer than 10 characters can be present. This is still to prevent the cover from being "here is my character and their BFFs!!!" or "here is my character being a total badass, this book is about me". The Anthology is a community project and the cover should reflect that, not be a shout out to your buddies. Now I would prefer people go a different route so it's a lot different from volume 1's cover, but I'm not going to tell you you can't have a character based cover.

Volume 1's covers

Orange

Amanitazest

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2013, 09:04 PM by Angie »
Kittens wearins mittens

Re: EnterVOID Anthology vol 2 Cover Contest
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:30 PM »
I think I need to repair my roof, since I just Pierced the Heavens.

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
- I yearn for redemption, but I'll settle for a breakfast sandwich.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:50 PM »
I am so all about this! and I'm glad we have such a long deadline!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:57 PM »
8)

« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2012, 12:42 AM »
whoHAOHAOLYSHIT ME ME ME

THIS TIME
ILL DO IT

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:35 AM »
I will submit the perfect cover. It will consist only of a rainbow filling the whole thing. This makes it all symbolic and shit (plus this means I don't have to actually draw anything). It's the perfect plan!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Nice. im in.

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I'll try it but no promises. :p

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2012, 08:54 PM »
Am I still allowed to enter because I got mine on the front of volume 1 or would that be in bad taste/not allowed? I'd like to try something a lot more grand since I'd work on it a lot sooner than what I did for volume 1's.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Second anthology! :D :D Oh man oh man, this is going to be great!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Am I still allowed to enter because I got mine on the front of volume 1 or would that be in bad taste/not allowed? I'd like to try something a lot more grand since I'd work on it a lot sooner than what I did for volume 1's.

You can go for it! The more the merrier
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #11 on: Aug 09, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I totally forgot about this. So uhh. I might do a cover entry at the very least.

« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Neat. I'll give this a go too. Are we allowed to submit more than one cover? Also, is there a discrepancy between using "Vol. 2" vs "Volume 2" or is either one fine?

« Reply #13 on: Aug 09, 2013, 06:32 PM »
That's fine on both accounts!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2013, 02:23 PM »
I might give it a go.
I'm a walking talking example of "If you don't use it, you lose it."

« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2013, 04:22 PM »
A list of people that will be featured in this volume would be cool to know when doing the cover.

« Reply #16 on: Aug 11, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Keep an eye on the list in the Anthology thread as it updates (3rd post)

Angie Rudell, Jane Blonde, and Nutty the Squirrell are confirmed thus far ~ also in the works are Zedan Dromer, Wizzie Belles, Mr. Tofu, and possibly Christopher Leandre. Aurora & Remus, and I think Elle.

« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2013, 08:11 AM »
Harahi Jenkins will be in it too. There truly is no definite way for us to know who will be in it until it's almost finished since last time a ton signed up and didn't submit.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:04 PM »
Finally updated this with a deadline! Deadline is March 1st, 2014!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:09 PM »
A random question that popped in my head - if one was to do a character based cover, would you not need equivalent copyright paperwork signed by all authors of all characters like for the comic?

« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Yep! You do need people's consent to use their characters. Orange did it for the first cover so it can definitely be done.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:19 PM »
that's exactly what I have been wondering! It looks like a lot of characters on there!

« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:24 PM »
If you go that route, it's probably easiest to use characters that belong to people that still visit the site. Really old Void characters are awesome, but it'll probably be harder to track them down to ask permission.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Haha yeah it was a pain to track a few people down and I had to resort to cutting a few. I am not entirely sure if I recommend going that route again just because of how much of a hassle it was to get all the paperwork haha. Most people were great about getting it to me though (and hence they are on the cover).

I've got ideas for this 2nd anthology in terms of a cover I want to make, I gotta pick one and do it when my schedule frees up in feb.

« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2014, 07:46 AM »
nice I just saw your going to make a second anthology..WOOP, WOOP! I'll work on a cover piece or anything I need to break myself away from school work once in a while.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

287 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us