Squeak!

Squeak!
« on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:25 AM »
Hello, I am Pocketmouse. I'm new here, I heard so many wonderful things about this community, so hopefully I can make friends with you!

Anyway, here are some of  my drawings. I am still learning (always learning) so any tips anyone can give me I would love to hear! Also if you see errors, please point it out because the chances are I didn't notice! Heehee. So yes:

Some less finished stuff:

If that is too much I am sorry and I will take some down if it is.

Re: Squeak!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:20 AM »
No, we need more! I love your stuff. You've got a good sense of brushwork and your characters all have great motion to them. Keep it up!

Small crit on the ballet dancer-- it's a little hard to figure out what's going on with her right arm. Might want to adjust the pose to make it more readable.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2012, 08:09 AM »
Welcome to Void! You've got some nice work! Hope you stick around!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2012, 05:44 AM »
Hey there! I love your lineless work - that second picture especially. Hope to see some world building!

A nitpick on your first design - the way the character is holding the gun with his right arm looks uncomfortable. I'd tend to draw it being held palm-up, and closer to the body. The handle also doesn't allow for any kick-his hand would slip. Even though it's not a sniper, you could look at some images of people holding sniper rifles to get an idea. Any gun experts, feel free to call me out. :P

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Ah! wow thank you everyone.
Thanks for pointing out the arm thing, Base, I see what you mean now! :¬)
And also Ransom, thank you;
I am very sure I got that wrong! lol. (apart from the fact my bf made me hold a gun after seeing it, to show me where I went wrong) Your explanation has really helped, I will look at more reference there, thank you!

It is supposed to actually be a sniper though, Is there a specific thing that made you think other wise? I only ask because I'd like to be able to make it obvious when I draw it.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:03 PM »
For me it was the lack of a distinctive sight or scope, while the guy has his eyepatch thing (forgive me, i haven't read the incubator. :P ) having a scope fixed to your gun isn't just for far seeing, it's for having precise aim. Of course, this could be explained in the comics by having an indication of where exactly he is aiming in the retinal display..I feel like it would be a bit unwieldily if it was applied in real life, though. Even short-range guns have a sight - the little upward notch on the end of a pistol is an example of one.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2015, 05:49 AM »
God what a loser 'hopefully i can make friends with you' HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway I've been doing some dumb EnterVoid junk nd posting it everywhere else but like hey here it is for you guys.

I'll drop by and post more i guess?? Just like a bunch of you helped me make these not look like I vommed them up after a night drinking bleach so THANKS HERES THE FINAL LOT RN I GUESS OR WHATEVER

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2015, 02:47 PM »
OMG THAT FORST POST
Is that like earlymerrick?!?
:-D

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:39 AM »
Hahah yeah Fearn that was like the first drawing I ever did of him

Latest reply ever tho! Sorry! OTL

I nipped by to share this with you guys - the 'making of' for REAL :)

PLUS the working script for anyone who's curious:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-t1xyu3OvmNUfRa6aP9VnrNFuEeuGNwgK1ZM-mz-4NQ/edit?usp=sharing

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

286 Guests, 4 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us