The New VoidCast! EPISODE 04!!

Re: The New (mini) VoidCast! EPISODE 01! Episode 3 on the way!
« Reply #25 on: Jun 01, 2012, 04:25 PM »
I don't even know who anyone is anymore, but somehow listening to your beautiful voices inspires me to draw better. Keep it up! Also, when I actually get around to looking at the comics you're reviewing, hopefully it will help me figure out who's who now that VOID is seeing so much action again!

Amazing Bobo, please stay this time. I missed your work so much.

Well, since it's you asking, I guess I can stay. :)

« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2012, 01:40 AM »
Mini-Voidcast 01 is taken down for now, due to Soundcloud space issues. Don't worry, it'll be uploaded on the site proper soon. I know the wait was tremendous and I'm very sorry. I appreciate all the various messages you all sent to me regarding this, it's nice knowing that some of you people were waiting on this. So, here you are. . .

Episode 03
May 12th, 2012
Featuring RoflQu, Qyzex, Hiemie, and TINMAN.

In which we review comics from Round 3, TINMAN schools RoflQu in fancy comic words, Qyzex makes a bold statement, we thank people for all their battlling, and promptly ignore that and make a plea to people to battle more.

Comics Reviewed: Sailor Twain, Animal Man, Joe the Barbarian, The Chill

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: GVSR vs. Clobberfist by King_Pong and uncle_sex

« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2012, 02:40 AM »
FYI: Sailor Twain HAS finished. You can read it all, start to finish.

Re: The New VoidCast! EPISODE 03!!
« Reply #28 on: Jun 16, 2012, 06:08 AM »
Okay, so rough news everyone. Episode 04 lost the tail end of it, the last 2 files are corrupted and unusable. However, I will give you all at least what was given so you can at least listen to what was presented.

Pisser that this happened, but I'm not going to re-record this with the people involved due to both me wanting to move on to the current battles and catch up to the site and also due to me not wanting to bother the people involved (they'll be around in the future, anyways.) Just wanted to let everyone know now so they didn't get their hopes up too high regarding this next voidcast.

« Reply #29 on: Jun 16, 2012, 06:17 AM »
I'm sure it'll be badass anyway Rofl!

« Reply #30 on: Jun 16, 2012, 08:07 AM »
Uttering my name bestows the power to stop discussions dead. 8I

« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2012, 11:39 AM »
We still love you Rofl
I say old chap! Care for a spot of tea?

« Reply #32 on: Jun 16, 2012, 02:11 PM »
thanks for the review.  I'll always work harder knowing that I can get on there again.

« Reply #33 on: Jun 16, 2012, 02:43 PM »
I've been getting caught up the recent Voidcasts. Thanks, I needed that :D They make me

« Reply #34 on: Jun 16, 2012, 03:53 PM »
I LIKE VOIDCAST

BRING BACK GANG WARS

« Reply #35 on: Jun 16, 2012, 07:29 PM »
LINE WIDTHS
sugoi

« Reply #36 on: Jun 17, 2012, 01:07 AM »
Werewolf Backflips!

Aw I feel special! Thanks guys, I like the criticisms and observations you made, they only help me improve.

In terms of the Font, I blame school for beating me over the head with Helvetica and Gill Sans (which is what I used). I've been looking for a new font that goes well with comics. I used a new one in my latest comic, but I didn't really care for it (it was too similar to comic sans). What font do you recommend, good sirs? (p.s. I have a Mac)

« Reply #37 on: Jun 17, 2012, 01:41 AM »
http://blambot.com/

they have a whole bunch of dialogue fonts, some free some pay to use. i'm a huge fan of acme secret agent, but that's just me.

http://www.dafont.com/

dafont also has a bunch of typefaces, but you'll need to do more legwork to find the ones you want. also, the licenses are a little specific to each one, so it may change based on whether you want to publish the comic or not.

« Reply #38 on: Jun 17, 2012, 03:33 AM »
http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ Also has some good free fonts.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #39 on: Jun 17, 2012, 12:32 PM »
This was really fun to listen to. You all just got a new fan.

« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Likewise with Fish, thank y'all for the critiques! I'm so terribly addicted to them, and I love when I receive them. x) I do agree I need to give my backgrounds more TLC, and I hope I'll find some time to actually practice them thoroughly.

« Reply #41 on: Jun 18, 2012, 11:06 AM »
All the voidcasts are up on the site now if you hate Soundcloud.

« Reply #42 on: Jun 29, 2012, 09:53 AM »
Just so that everyone's in the loop on the current situation here, Voidcast 04 is being edited right now and we recorded Voidcast 05 today. Fingers crossed that Voidcast 06 is recorded sometime next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

« Reply #43 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Awwwww yeah. Hope things don't get messed up on you again. I can't wait for the next ones to come out!

« Reply #44 on: Jul 03, 2012, 03:04 AM »
Finally listened to Episode 3! Thank you so much for the review and the feedback! Voidcast is my 3AM radio show 4 lyfe.

PS SHOUTOUTS TO THE DA OCT CIRCUIT, WE'LL GET 'EM ALL HERE ONE DAY

« Reply #45 on: Jul 11, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Totally found this. listening whilst I  ban trolls :D

« Reply #46 on: Aug 03, 2012, 11:58 AM »
God, I'm sure you never thought it'd come? Well, it took a while to get out but, here it is. The fourth VoidCast. This one is special. Why is it special? I didn't edit it. It was kind of shorter than usual due to me losing those last 2 files, so you're getting everything uncut. Maybe you won't notice it unedited, but hopefully you do. I'm working hard on editing the next one though. I want to try and ramp up production. After this next one, we're done with the tournament and I'm going to skip ahead to now so that they remain relevant. I was waiting for some people to come together to record a special episode, but I'm not going to wait anymore.

Anyways, without further spiel, here's the new VoidCast.

The New Late VoidCast!

Episode 04
May 30th, 2012
Featuring RoflQu, Pi, jho, and underwoodwriter.

In which I take a long time to edit the VoidCast, underwoodwriter wakes up literally 10 minutes before VoidCast starts, underwoodwriter sounds slightly inebriated, I explain the entire plot of my book I reviewed, and goods time are had.

Comics Reviewed: Level Up, Black Jack, 20th Century Boys, Little Ego

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: None this week, lost the files, sorry!
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012, 12:00 PM by GOD DAMN IT ROFLQU »

Re: The New VoidCast! EPISODE 04!!
« Reply #47 on: Aug 03, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Listening at work! : D

« Reply #48 on: Aug 04, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Yeah, me too! ;D

EDIT: ROFL what IS THAT strange intro guy? Sounds like sexy dangerous jazz evangelism--is that a genre I'm not aware of? :D
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2012, 06:41 PM by Mister Kent »

« Reply #49 on: Aug 04, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Yeah, me too! ;D

EDIT: ROFL what IS THAT strange intro guy? Sounds like sexy dangerous jazz evangelism--is that a genre I'm not aware of? :D

I believe the next one sheds light on him again. I've mentioned his name before but you can be sure I'll mention it again.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

311 Guests, 5 Users

[]

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us