The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 3 IS UP!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 1 IS UP!
« Reply #225 on: Apr 07, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I guess it just gave me a bit of a bad vibe when it was being stressed that Rofl and I are fine or didn't do anything wrong or whatever, and then in the same breath being portrayed as something that needed to be apologized for.

I think my post was misinterpreted. I merely wanted to outline to people that this is what was going on. I felt it would be unfair to JUST point out Qyzex . It was more or less a heads up. Whatever people wanted to make of it was their own decision. If I worded things in a way that made you feel like that I apologize. Also keep in mind I was trying to keep it as level headed as I could because at the time I was pretty mad.

Anyway I'm over it all anyway, done with it anyway after this post.

« Reply #226 on: Apr 08, 2012, 12:19 PM »
As a reminder, don't upload any of your comics to anywhere outside of void until voting is done. 1 or 2 pages is fine for hype
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #227 on: Apr 08, 2012, 02:20 PM »
Also, remember that comics are put up manually. They will go up when one of the battle managers are able to put them up. Unfortunately I believe Wei, Toast, and I all work all day tomorrow so I can't give a definite time it will be up. Now if everyone is amazing and uploads early tonight, the comics will all go up tonight, but otherwise they will be up sometime tomorrow. If it comes down to me having to post them while I'm at work, some comics may not have thumbnails. I figure you guys would rather see the comics than look at thumbnails.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2012, 02:25 PM by angieness »
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #228 on: Apr 08, 2012, 02:31 PM »
And one last reminder! Make sure you all double check your uploads! Thus far all but 1 person seems to have uploaded everything properly so make sure you check and make sure your comic works properly.
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #229 on: Apr 08, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Also, remember that comics are put up manually. They will go up when one of the battle managers are able to put them up. Unfortunately I believe Wei, Toast, and I all work all day tomorrow so I can't give a definite time it will be up.

I can also put battles up! Also, check votes and all that. It's my secret power. I can put them up on time :3

« Reply #230 on: Apr 08, 2012, 04:05 PM »
I forgot! Oh yeah you can access the FTP too right? If so then awesome
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #231 on: Apr 08, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Red, you saved Christmas.

« Reply #232 on: Apr 08, 2012, 05:09 PM »
You can count on me, sir. I'll do my best.

« Reply #233 on: Apr 08, 2012, 05:11 PM »
And if she messes up, Christmas is ruined. No pressure or anything.

Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #234 on: Apr 08, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I'll be around all day tomorrow if you guys need any assistance tossing together thumbnails or what have you. :] Just hit me up.

« Reply #235 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:13 PM »
I'm so excited, but so extremely nervous. More so as the timer draws closer to the end! Good luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2012, 08:15 PM by Thanan »

« Reply #236 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:19 PM »
I'm so excited, but so extremely nervous. More so as the timer draws closer to the end! Good luck to everyone!

Same here. Good luck to everyone, and I am really looking forward to seeing all these lovely comics!

« Reply #237 on: Apr 08, 2012, 08:24 PM »
*Fingers Crossed* *I's dotted" "T's crossed*
“Always reach for the sky as hard as you can. One day you'll look down and see that you're soaring.”

« Reply #238 on: Apr 08, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Can't wait to see what you guys have in you. :)

« Reply #239 on: Apr 08, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Annnnd there goes my monday.
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #240 on: Apr 08, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Ditto. I know I'm going to love reading these!

« Reply #241 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:01 AM »
Argh, the uploader is being silly.  I have my pages done, but now it's late. :I

« Reply #242 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Mayday mayday we have tons of artists in invitational being unable to upload

RedRevolver/Wei/Angie are not in chat, we don't know what to do, halp D :

« Reply #243 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:36 AM »
If you can't get them uploaded, don't fear! Just email them to Toast, Angie, Wei, or Red

Their emails are... somewhere...

« Reply #244 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:41 AM »
since the battle posting isn't done automatically, there's always a little bit of wiggle room to the deadline. (GIANT FUCKING DISCLAIMER: THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT, POOZERS!)

if you're having issues with the uploader even now, yes, definitely email the pages to kevin, angie, or wei. or all three!

toast@entervoid.com
angieness@gmail.com
weiingnan@gmail.com

« Reply #245 on: Apr 09, 2012, 12:42 AM »
also useful, from the HELP section:

Uploading and What To Do When It Fails (with kittens)
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=10641.0

« Reply #246 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:00 AM »
Email them to bdotscotts@gmail.com please and thank you!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! FRIDAY FINAL SIGN UP!!
« Reply #247 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:17 AM »
AHEM.....anyone who had problems uploading should leave a message stating so in match comments and should then read the following like you shoulda oughta already a done;
Anyone with issues or questions about participating/submitting comics on VOID the Help and University Sections have lots of threads answering common issues and questions

These are important so be sure to read them, Mods and Admins won't be able to hold anyones hands or walk them thru things after deadline.....we will be way too busy thumbing and posting the comics.

How to Submit Comics to enterVOID
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=9919.0

Uploading Issues
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=10641.0

Making Custom Thumbnails for Match
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=10587.0
*anyone wanting to make their own thumbnails for comic by all means do so....anything to lighten the load for Admins will definitely be appreciated....but follow the instructions.

DO NOT POST IN MATCH OR ON FORUMS 'where is my comic? or what is the delay?'.....its not an auto matic process...it is done manually by one or two people that have real jobs and supposedly have real lives and need to eat/sleep and we will hopefully have over 50 comics.....it will be up as soon as possible....and seeing people complain just spits in the face of our efforts to do so.

failing what is outlined in the links above.....you are to e-mail your pages to angie and me and kev if you have attempted everything covered in postsw and upload still fails

and just to educate people further...voidchat is not entervoid.com.....and we are not availalbe 24/7.....which is why we write and post things like the above...and ask you to read them
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 06:32 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #248 on: Apr 09, 2012, 06:55 AM »
My suggestion to red in chat today,

Have a thread for people having trouble submitting. They post "im having trouble submitting" with a very very very small picture of their battle like so http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1115/proofvz.png

The problem with emailing is that you have to wait for everyone to get together and check all the emails, since joe can email angie and toast wouldnt know anything about it till angie got home and checked her email.

Having a forum of the people who are having trouble would be best for admins so they dont have to search through comments checking to see if all 52 are doing okay. All condensed in one spot, easy peezy lemon sqeezy

the reason to post a tiny tiny proof is so that we know that there is indeed a comic to be had, and people arent using it as an excuse for more time. i mean shoot they have a half a day right now if they where lying (not sayng you guys are, just saying its ways to cheat the system)
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012, 06:58 AM by Chemicalnova »

Chemicalnova:
the moon knew that vi

« Reply #249 on: Apr 09, 2012, 07:25 AM »
we CLEARLY tell people to leave a comment in comments for match and to e-mail both battle managers and kevin with issues to avoid that

this is the way that has proven to work best...but we also have to be a tiny bit forgiving and give a bit of grace when we are dealing with SO many new people who don't know the way around....rest assured we are well aware of how people can be, we have things in place to deal with issues and scammers...... and also just be patient and trust that the comics will be up very soon

deadline is deadline for entry not for post....so please be patient this is not our first rodeo
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

521 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 563.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us