The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 3 IS UP!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament!
« Reply #175 on: Apr 01, 2012, 11:38 AM »
DJ Neko: Thank you entervoid, you're like the abusive husband I keep coming back to. <3

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! FRIDAY FINAL SIGN UP!!
« Reply #176 on: Apr 01, 2012, 11:40 AM »
And don't forget, when the comics are up, critique and vote!

« Reply #177 on: Apr 01, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Any and all defaulters will be given a stern glare and right tutting!
STILL spoken about in disgraceful social circles

« Reply #178 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Anyone with issues or questions about participating/submitting comics on VOID the Help and University Sections have lots of threads answering common issues and questions

These are important so be sure to read them, Mods and Admins won't be able to hold anyones hands or walk them thru things after deadline.....we will be way too busy thumbing and posting the comics.

How to Submit Comics to enterVOID
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=9919.0

Uploading Issues
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=10641.0

Making Custom Thumbnails for Match
http://entervoid.com/index.php?topic=10587.0
*anyone wanting to make their own thumbnails for comic by all means do so....anything to lighten the load for Admins will definitely be appreciated....but follow the instructions.

DO NOT POST IN MATCH OR ON FORUMS 'where is my comic? or what is the delay?'.....its not an auto matic process...it is done manually by one or two people that have real jobs and supposedly have real lives and need to eat/sleep and we will hopefully have over 50 comics.....it will be up as soon as possible....and seeing people complain just spits in the face of our efforts to do so.
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2012, 11:11 AM by Wei Ingnan »
-draw like you love it.... not like your mom told you to do it-

« Reply #179 on: Apr 02, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Hey yah! This is tylahtylah! I didnt have no computer over weekend and i just did a character. I dont know if it can still be submitted. THANKS!

« Reply #180 on: Apr 02, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Tragically, Tylah, you're late (I really liked your entry).

But, on the plus side, with the week of drawing everyone is doing right now for the tournament, you could try and do a 2-4 page intro comic for your character and submit them formally through the site. That's about what you'd be doing in the tournament right now.

Then, by the time he gets in, people will be open to battle you anyway.

So things aren't so bad.

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 1 IS UP!
« Reply #181 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Not sure how many people know about all this stuff going down but here is the basic rundown. Whatever opinions you guys form on this, good or bad, is up to you. I'm just here to clear the air.

I'm sure its no secret to the people that DO know that there has been a few 'veterans' under alternate accounts who have joined the tournament that technically shouldn't have been allowed in, that are here. Keeping my personal opinion out of this after this paragraph, so I'm just going to lay it to you straight and to the point so that there is no confusion in the future. This however is my opinion : I think there are a lot of rad artists here who deserve to know the full details of exactly what is going on. Transparency bro. I'm also not asking here for people to shit all over these people in these posts because two of them were given Toast's approval, but just to be safe I am listing them anyway.

Anyway here we go:

ShouldaCouldaCola was a participant in the first invitational but due to some account errors with the site and her old character not being linked to her account was allowed into the tourney. The old character was re-linked and then killed. This was an official decision.

RoflQu and Evil Eye, this has been pretty out in the open since the beginning so I think this is the one people are most aware of. They are trying to incorporate a writer-tag team combo type system to the site. This was approved by Toast.

Qyzex ended up coming into the tournament as Leech-Seed with Kete Harper. This was not approved by anyone in the mod team. Regardless of the motivation behind it, this is just what happened.

So there you guys go. Those are the things that have happened, the reasoning behind them. VOID is a pretty awesome place and I'd rather have you guys know you can trust us. Even then, this is just three cases (technically just one, since the other two are official) out of like 50 something of you awesome new artists.

So now that I've got the facts out in the open I just want to stress that 1) this won't happen again and 2) we're still a totally radical place and value all the rad artwork that everyone is making. I just felt like being honest with you guys was the best course of action. How you feel after this is out of my control, but I'd hope you all stick around to kick ass in this tournament (and beyond!) :)

« Reply #182 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:22 PM »
Veterans? In MY Invitational?

Guess we'll just have to kick their butts too. :O

« Reply #183 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Haha! Exactly! That's the spirit. This isn't really a big deal. Have fun and make comics everyone! Kick some asses sea basses!

« Reply #184 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:25 PM »

Glad to hear it!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #185 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:27 PM »
I'm pretty much 101% certain these vets don't have a chance. Give 'em hell, boys! >:U

« Reply #186 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Yeah, I sneakily made an account to enter my friends character into void, who is working on the comics with me.

less legit methods than Rofl/EE, but same thing.

And hey. FUN. That's what the website is about, right? Having FUN?

I am sorry to have gone behind people's backs to do it, though.

« Reply #187 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Hi. I'm sorry for the confusion and for going behind people's backs, but I AM a different person than Qyzex. This is just a shared account.

Honestly he's kind of dense.

« Reply #188 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Now that our plot has been discovered... how should I go about uploading the comic for Leech-Seed?

« Reply #189 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Nah! C'mon guys i personally think you joining is the icing to cake. More fun! It's like a slumber party with comics.
I say old chap! Care for a spot of tea?

« Reply #190 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Now that our plot has been discovered... how should I go about uploading the comic for Leech-Seed?

Use the leech-seed account, it'd be the easiest way.

« Reply #191 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:09 PM »
On second thought, don't do that, that's caused enough turmoil; Ask Toast to set it up the same way as Roflqu and Evil Eye. 

« Reply #192 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:10 PM »
On second thought, don't do that, that's caused enough turmoil; Ask Toast to set it up the same way as Roflqu and Evil Eye.

This is a better idea.

« Reply #193 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:13 PM »
better yet we all panic and smash the place up a bit

« Reply #194 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:52 PM »
Yeah, I sneakily made an account to enter my friends character into void, who is working on the comics with me.

less legit methods than Rofl/EE, but same thing.

And hey. FUN. That's what the website is about, right? Having FUN?

I am sorry to have gone behind people's backs to do it, though.

yes it is about comics and more importantly growing as an artist thru fair and honest competition with your peers...you always seem to forget that part and your actions don't show much concern for your peers or how insulting your actions are to them

you intentionally lied and misrepresented yourself and the work to your peers when you not only withheld information but actually posed as someone else when you posted in this thread and others over the last few weeks...so I wouldn't be so quick to laugh it off or hide under the 'FUN' umbrella you always pull out when you stir up a shitstorm...because contrary to Heimie's (who also shops at the same umbrella store as you) opinion others do consider what you knowingly and intentionally did to be a big rotten deal

any of the participants should feel not only free but encouraged to voice their opinions and concerns as to what you tried to do...regardless of what those opinions or concerns are.....and what they would see as a fair course of action for dealing with you as that still has not been decided...we want to hear your reactions and being new and uncertain should not stop you from sharing them openly here or by PM'ing myself, Angie or Kevin

« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2012, 12:05 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #195 on: Apr 07, 2012, 12:01 AM »
Not wanting to stir up an argument, but Wei, we all know you pretty much hate me, and you've held a grudge against me for so long it's hard to even take anything you say seriously.

Regardless, I get it, people are upset. I went against the rules, sure, I know that. Not defending my actions.

But still, the only people that have said they were upset with this have been mods/thinktanks and older artists. The people who came in for the invitational don't seem the slightest bit upset.

I would say more, but it's more personal, and so I will PM it to you instead, since if I posted it here, you'd most likely delete it then ban me.

« Reply #196 on: Apr 07, 2012, 12:23 AM »
the only people that have said they were upset with this have been mods/thinktanks and older artists. The people who came in for the invitational don't seem the slightest bit upset.

yes the only people so far to have said they were upset or insulted that you lied and misrepresented yourself to were the people that caught you or have been around long enough to know how they feel about that kind of behaviour and your attitude and have no problem voicing it

The People who have come in thru the Invitational and really don't deserve the welcome you have personally shit on the mat may not all be aware of what the site is really about and that the mods/think tanks and majority of the older artists as well as Kevin and myself want them to enjoy themselves and develop here as artists within the community we have tried to build and to always feel free to share opinions regardless of how 'new' they are and without consequence or shaming from a very vocal few that despite our very best efforts can't seem to develop a sense of anything past themselves or compete and thereby develop in a fair and ethical manner.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2012, 12:29 AM by Wei Ingnan »

« Reply #197 on: Apr 07, 2012, 06:33 AM »
I appreciate the openness about the veterans thing. It's great that you all strive to be honest about this type of thing, and I'd like to give my honest newbie opinion about it.

Overall, I believe that this is a contest of skill. Just because some one is a vet of this site doesn't necessarily mean they are going to produce better work than a newbie here. Vets have just as much chance of loosing/winning as the newbies do.

However, there may be one advantage that the vets have. There are going to be 25 battles that are going to be posted at once. I really don't believe that there is going to be a lot of people that are going to read and vote on all 50 comics. The vets have the name recognition and connections here that may drive more people to read/vote on their battle, and skip others. I really don't know if this gives them any advantage to actually winning, but it may be disheartening for a newbie to see one battle get a slug of comments and votes while theirs did not. Heck, some newbies might have some large connections here already, so maybe this point is moot.

As long as this wasn't a limited entry tourney and a newbie didn't lose their potential spot to a vet, I don't think this is a terribly huge deal. Although I do think it is nice to know if we are battling a Void veteran or not, just to gives us a little idea of who we are up against. c:

« Reply #198 on: Apr 07, 2012, 07:06 AM »
Checkin' in via mobile. Yikes, have just caught up on these latest updates. So if I've read correctly my battle with Kete is one of the veteran vibes? Guess I feel better about having only found out after finishing my pages, otherwise may have been a bit stressed about it. For me what is most important is that a submission is finished for Kete... would be really bleak if I only got through on a default.

« Reply #199 on: Apr 07, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Glad to hear it guys! We wanted to get things out in the open so no one would get discouraged or get a bad opinion of the site.

If you do go up against a vet, remember that the vets are regular people too. (well, unless they're James or Sheldon, then you might be fucked. But they're not in the tournament so no worries there) There's nothing to be scared of as long as you can manage your time well.
Kittens wearins mittens

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

Morrigan KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart Mercury

Open Challenges -

No open challenges
Create a new challenge

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Apr 22, 2024, 11:47 PM
Revelarts images 
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 16, 2024, 02:38 PM
Revelarts-ubator  
Last updated: Revelarts - Apr 15, 2024, 10:25 PM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

244 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 280.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us