The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! ROUND 3 IS UP!

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! 1 (ONE) WEEK LEFT TO JOIN!
« Reply #100 on: Mar 24, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Wow yeah, so many great characters! I've got my character idea and bio sorted, just need to create the design sheet now. :)

« Reply #101 on: Mar 24, 2012, 02:17 AM »

Let's try this again here.

Amelia Winston and Lucas Graves. Amateur journalists and documentarians.

Best friends since they were children, these two are college students now and have been assigned the project of creating a documentary on the city. Amelia's go get em' attitude and generally clumsy nature often get them into difficult situations. Lucas never puts forth anymore effort than is absolutely necessary. Together they are confused and hopeless, but things usually turn out just fine...usually.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2012, 02:23 AM by Slagglle »

« Reply #102 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:15 AM »
oh snap, journalists/documentary on void ftw.

Nice work in this thread, good luck to everyone!

« Reply #103 on: Mar 24, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Yay! Slaggle! My Void dreams came true again!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #104 on: Mar 24, 2012, 08:53 AM »
So glad you joined us Slagglle.

oh snap, journalists/documentary on void ftw.

Nice work in this thread, good luck to everyone!

Hey Mister, you get battling too.

« Reply #105 on: Mar 24, 2012, 10:09 AM »
uhhhhhhhh

I'm going back to my hiding place >.>

« Reply #106 on: Mar 24, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Alright, here we go.

Name:  Jessica Renee "Jessie" Valley.
Height:  5'8"
Weight:  ???
Birthplace:  Lawrence, Kansas, United States

Hates:  Crime, people who nonchalantly threaten innocent lives, coffee and energy drinks.

Personality:  Jessica can be a very sociable person.  However, whenever she is trying to stop a crime, she is so focused on her mission that she will most likely ignore people until the job is done.

Generally, she is actually a fairly nice person, but will sometimes snap and start yelling angrily at someone if she gets mad enough.

Fighting Style:  Jessica uses freestyle martial arts, using a wide variety of attacks.

Equipment
Handgun:  A handgun a friend of hers modified to use not only lead and rubber ammunition, but also tranquilizer darts should the situation get deadly enough.  The darts have to be small enough to fit into the handgun, though.
Stun Grenades:  Custom-made grenades designed to temporarily immobilize enemies.
Nightstick:  Whenever Jessica has to deal with enemies armed with melee weapons, she uses a nightstick she bought at a local weapons shop against them.  Seems to work, half of the time.
Old Watch:  A keepsake from her childhood.  It serves no purpose.
Utility Belt:  Used to keep the grenades while she's wearing her task force uniform.

Clothes
Normal Clothes:  Jessica wears a vest, a turtleneck shirt, and some cargo pants (to put the grenades in the pocket pouches) for everyday casual activity.  It's also her primary combat outfit.
Old Task Force Uniform:  A leotard that she wore when she was in the task force.  Ever since her resignation, it has primarily become a keepsake from her old days, though she will sometimes wear this uniform when she feels like being a showoff or when she wants to be nostalgic.

Story
Jessica Valley (or Jessie, as her friends called her) was a somewhat ordinary college student who enjoyed a life of leisure and fun, until one day, a few friends of her decided it'd be a good idea to form a task force of their own.  Jessie, although unsure of whether it actually was a good idea or not, decided to tag along anyway.  Choosing to wear some of the most unorthodox clothing that any normal person would wear, they started out as what many mistook them for "sci-fi hero rejects".  Eventually, this evolved into an elite task force of peacekeepers fighting to protect the innocent against anyone who dares threaten them.  Jessie was the leader at the time, and she carefully came up with plans to help save innocent lives.

A year later, Jessie decided that the task force needs a new leader, and resigned to become a vigilante.  During that period, she spent most of her time stopping illegal arms deals, robberies, and somewhat more severe crimes.

That was... until that one fateful day.  The day she would never forget...

When Jessie was heading towards the gym, she heard an explosion.  She turned to her left to find a building in flames and a mysterious cloak clad figure running from it, as if trying to flee the scene of the crime.  She rushed towards the building to investigate what happened, looking for clues as to what happened, but then walked out empty handed.  A pedestrian who had been watching the event in horror started screaming frantically at the sight of Jessie emerging from the building empty handed and rushed to call the cops.

Days later, two mercenaries broke into Jessie's house with the intent of apprehending her.  One of them, a somewhat muscular man with a ponytail, wanted to bring her in for questioning, and the other, a skinnier, short-haired man, wanted to see it through she is imprisoned for crimes against humanity.  Jessie has been framed!

"I can't let this happen to me.  I must find the real culprit fast and punish him for that vile deed!"

Jessie ran as far as she could from the mercenaries, but then she got tired once she reached the plains.  She decided to take a nap there, hoping they are nowhere in her sight.

When she wakes up, she finds herself in Void City, a city she has never even heard of before.  Walking towards one of the city's buildings, she wonders what awaits her.

My artwork can be found here - http://energy123049.deviantart.com/gallery

« Reply #107 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Just a quick question, we'll know who got in and who didn't by the end of this month, right? I'm on the edge of my seat!

...Well, not really. It's a tad uncomfortable.

« Reply #108 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Well the way it worked last invitational was that everyone got in. If we had to do a three way fight to make sure that the rest moved on smoothly we did (I had to do those three ways twice lol).

« Reply #109 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:13 PM »
My goodness look at all these people, good luck you guys!

« Reply #110 on: Mar 25, 2012, 12:38 AM »

Thought this might be a good way to improve on comic making. I'm super nervous, though. I hope it's not a problem if I can't color/ink my pages, college comes first but Summer break is coming up soon, so I'll have time then. 

Here's my DA page (which I never update): http://atomicfish42.deviantart.com/
And my Tumblr: http://atomicbritt.tumblr.com/

Anyway here's my Character(s?):
Andy and Otis

Andrea "Andy" Heller is a very anxious girl with agoraphobia. She hate new things, people, places, surprises, men with pointy teeth, outdoors...etc. She makes a living knitting and sewing up cute scarves, hats, sweaters, and plushies, selling them on Etsy and eBay.

Her agoraphobia came from a life of dealing with sever social anxiety and she started getting panic attacks just from walking outside. Andy adopted a dog in an attempt to get herself out of her apartment, while also providing companionship. However, it did not, now Otis (named after Andy's favorite singer, Otis Redding) is a slobbery, obese, lump that likes to lay his over-sized head on Andy's lap.

For months now, Andy has been talking to a psychiatrist online and taking anti-anxiety medication. She's been making small strides, like walking around the corner of her building and back and walking Otis at night. She's still very anxious but hopes to take control of her life, maybe even make some friends.

Other things:
Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
What's in the bag: knitting and sewing stuff.
Weapon of choice: Whatever is in the bag. The dog helps too.
Personality Summery: Andy is a kind and caring person, who just wants to be friends, but she’s nearly afraid of everything outside her door and freaks out when she has to confront people or new situations.

Dog summery: A BIG overly friendly dog, who is very protective of his master. He also enjoys his little outfits, they're made with love. :B

« Reply #111 on: Mar 25, 2012, 03:20 PM »
This was done quick so I apologize, want to post something to show that I'm still interested in entering

Dante the Grave Keeper ---

For a place like Void City eternal rest is not always so eternal, so when the hero and villains alike seek a place a final resting place where they wont be disturbed they go to Void Cemetery. Dante Delamorte is the groundskeeper of Void cemetery, A most active and grueling job. He keeps the dead to stay dead, restraining any 'resident' from leaving the cemetery.

Smokes, Drinks Wine, likes litature, listens to classical music and metal

Re: The 2012 Void Invitational Tournament! FRIDAY FINAL SIGN UP!!
« Reply #112 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Lawrence Kansas represent.

« Reply #113 on: Mar 25, 2012, 10:52 PM »
It begins.

Who he is:

Geisser Striden is a very greedy man, who foolishly sold his body to a spirit of Corruption. This spirit, Disden, tricked Geisser with promises of infinite power completely under his control, along with treasures from every corner of the globe. Shortly after accepting the faulty deal, the spirit then took control of his body and warped and morphed it to it's liking. After a few months of being together, they realized how alike they were. Naturally, anybody who lives inside another person is going to chat with their host from time to time. Even if it is just a barrage of insults and snide remarks. Slowly, Disden began to let Geisser have more and more control over his body.

At this point, Geisser has the reigns.

But Disden could choose to take full control at any time...

What he can do:

Thanks to Disden, Geisser's body has become a mass of personified corruption. His body has no set density or height, so he can be as small and soft and squishy as a rabbit... Or as hard and large and unforgiving as a boulder. (See image 3 in the ref.)

This also means he can meld parts of his body into the tools he uses in combat. While uncommon, he can actually make his arm more resemblant of a normal human being's arm and form weapons in his hand. (See image 2 in the ref.)

Whenever Disden DOES happen to take control of Geisser, he takes pleasure in ripping off the bandages to reveal the face beneath. The one area where the two can never find even ground is when it comes to hiding their face. Geisser, on one hand, hates the way it's been melded since the possession. Disden prefers it, because it looks closest to his true form. (See image 1 in the ref.)

When Disden has control, he holds nothing back. To the point where Geisser got tired of the backs of his jackets getting destroyed, so he bought one and built in a slit in the back just in case.

« Reply #114 on: Mar 26, 2012, 05:07 AM »
I'm doing this too! I add some stuff later tonight about my character " the dwagonfly"

« Reply #115 on: Mar 26, 2012, 03:18 PM »
Alrighty, here's my character entry for the Invitational!

Full Name: Azelle Durant
Height: 1.7m (5ft 7in)
Primary skill: Aeromancy
Secondary skill: Summoning

Speaks English fluently, with a subtle French accent. May occasionally be caught swearing in French. Generally friendly and a bit naive, seemingly innocent. She can be very resourceful though, and aggressive if she loses her temper. Also has a tendency to go a bit bat-shit crazy when guns are involved.

Air-related powers include basic/short-distance flight and enhanced movement, ‘force push’, aerial control of small-arms and projectiles, thunder/sonic-shockwaves. While already quite proficient, she is still learning how to use her aeromancy powers so there may be things she can do with them that she hasn’t yet figured out and may only occur under stress. She has a limited store of energy which recharges naturally over time.

Uses an enchanted ring that can summon an array of weapons (guns, grenades, rocket launchers) by thinking about them. Azelle mostly uses her weapons-summoning as a deterrent, but she is also a bit of a gun-nut and tends to get overly enthusiastic. Summoned weapons don’t last long.

She is sensitive about the size of her ears.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2012, 01:20 PM by Gibbo »

« Reply #116 on: Mar 27, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I have to agree with Atomicfish42: I'm super nervous, but I hope this will help me become a better comic artist.

Name: Leroy (Roy) Godfrey
Sex: Male
Height: 171cm [5ft 7.5in]
Weight: 65.7kg [145lb]
Origin: Croyden, South London, UK

Back-story:
Leroy moved from his home in th UK when he was 20 years old in hopes of becoming a famous rock star. Though he can make a guitar sing, no doubt, his lazy, arrogant, egotistical personality lost him many opportunities. His life savings that he had horded since the age of five finally began to diminish after a couple of years, and he could no longer afford to support himself without some sort of job...

Now 25 years old, he currently works as an exterminator For Bug Off Pest Control. Roy hasn't lost sight of his dream and still insists, even after three years of pest control experience now under his belt, that it's only temporary. He doesn't take his job seriously, and often makes crucial mistakes, like mixing together the wrong lethal chemical combinations and smoking near the flamable toxins (which has backfired on him more than once). He would have honestly been fired long ago if not for his trainer, Wesley Feelus, who still accompanies Roy on many jobs.

Roy may not fully comprehend the systematic nature of extermination, but, due to his superiority complex, he loves the sadistic feelings of power and control he has over the insects he kills and sometimes tortures, if he finds one. He loves to watch them writhe as the poison sets in. Roy enjoys abusing insects, but certainly isn't afraid of them, and will even pick one up with his bare hands, if he has a special means of destruction in mind.

Roy's Roach Form:

One woeful day during a job with his trainer, Roy was stung on the back of his left hand by the "Legendary Wasp" while he was in torture mode. The sting left a strange scar in it's place. His transformations happen seemingly at random and sometimes in the most inconvenient of circumstances. Usually it happens at random, and other times the scar will glow, itch, and burn, causing Roy to helplessly scratch it. His
scratching triggers the transformation, but only when he scratches after it glows and itches. He tries not to think about it, so he wears gloves to cover his hands. 

The Wasp:

The Wasp, according to domestic insect legend, is solitary and has the ability to turn bugs into demigods, (otherwise known to you and me as humans), with it's venom. Many bugs think the wasp is mere ledgend, while a small few still search for it in hopes of becoming, what they think are gods, unaware, however that the wasp is also capable of turning humans into insects. Only the sting of the wasp will remove the curse.

Roy conitues his job as an exterminator for the meantime in search of the Legendary Wasp. Sometimes Roy will purposefully scratch the scar when it itches to turn into an insect. He only does this in order to communicate with other bugs so that he can obtain tip-offs of the Wasp's whereabouts through their stories and legends. So far he has learned that the scar will eventually stop glowing and he only has a certain amount of time before his transformations become permanent. Afterall he can't become a rockstar if he's a roach.

Proof of some sort of artistic ability: http://bloochikin.deviantart.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012, 05:59 PM by bl00chikin »

« Reply #117 on: Mar 27, 2012, 01:22 PM »
ROACH FORM? Consider me excited. He is destined to fight this guy http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=1350 Some really amazing stuff you guys!
Kittens wearins mittens

« Reply #118 on: Mar 27, 2012, 02:06 PM »
ROACH FORM? Consider me excited. He is destined to fight this guy http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character;id=1350 Some really amazing stuff you guys!
Haha! Yeah definately!

« Reply #119 on: Mar 27, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Bio

Name: Bhindi

Height: 4'8"

History: Bhindi ran away from home quite recently to escape the ridicule thrown at her by "normal kids," and to thus find a place where she would feel more accepted. She meets Morrow on her travels, who decides to help her on her quest for a more peaceful life, and the two end up at Void City.

Personality: hot-headed, defensive, impulsive, rash, insensitive

Special abilities: Enhanced hand-eye coordination due to her having four arms to control instead of just two.

Other notes: The right side of her head is shaved closely to her head. The left side was left to grow, and because it's now long enough, she floofs it over her shoulder. Also, Bhindi has no other outstanding features other than her four arms.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2012, 04:01 PM by ninemafia »

« Reply #120 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Here goes nothin'.  Hold on to your butts!

DISCLAIMER: I am a writer, not an artist.  Yes there's a difference.  Yes, really, some people can't draw.  I know this is unfathomable to many.

Anyways, I am apparently going to be a guinea pig of sorts for a new classification for a Voidite -- the Writer.  I will do writerly things.  I will have an artist helping me.  Hopefully this will become commonplace before long, since that's often how the industry works and stuff, plus it would bring in all kinds of new blood.  I know I've been browsing the site for literally a billion years and lamented my mongoloid-like artistic skills.

Any and all art you see from me unless otherwise noted is from RoflQu.  Rofl is my chocolate man muse.  He is my everything.  He's a pretty cool guy.

Alright, the character!

Starker Design Sheet

Starker Icon

Biography:

Shane Starker is the guy you want to be nearby when you have a problem, and the guy you fear most when you are the problem.

Somewhere in his early to mid thirties, his life has been battle in some form or another.  From being taught to fight and hunt on a backwater colony world by his old man, to his eventual time in various galactic military forces and special forces groups, he has mastered the art of killing a hundred times over, and can do it in a multitude of ways.  A master of weaponry, devastating hand to hand combatant, and seasoned tactician -- he is all of these things, but not one of them is his strength.  Starker succeeds where others fail because he lacks any kind of human hesitation in his actions.

Starker now travels the plotted universe in his shuttle, avoiding old grudges and finding new ones he can make some money off of.  He wouldn't take kindly to the designation of a mercenary; he considers himself a top drawer problem solver.  When he is not working, Starker is looking for more work.  He works toward and lives for nothing.  Just currency, all the lavish things he can enjoy with this currency, and maybe a good fight.

Smart people know not to call him Shane, because no one does.  Starker isn't a first-name-basis kind of guy.

I will include more info on his weaponry when I submit this to the main site and stuff.

DISCLAIMER PART TWO: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: I have always found the fact that Void City isn't an enforced canon very appealing.  The idea that you can take the characters and their occupied space and do almost anything you want is rarely taken advantage of.  This is what informed the creation of Starker -- I am reimagining the Voidverse, through my battles, as a space opera.  Should be fun.

This does not, however, mean that Void City doesn't exist.  As full of depravity, sin, and grudges as it is, I think it'd be a favorite Earth-haunt of Starker's.  For both business and pleasure.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2012, 02:54 PM by Evil-Eye »

« Reply #121 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:54 PM »
This just got very exciting.

« Reply #122 on: Mar 28, 2012, 03:21 PM »
Okay, this is the same Evil Eye posting on my real account of yore.  My old one got eaten in the conversion to an integrated ev.com and forum (or so I thought) so I made the new one.  Turns out I was able to save the old account.  ...I think.  Gonna submit under this name.

« Reply #123 on: Mar 28, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Singing up for the tournament :]

« Reply #124 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:01 PM »
okay that didn't work. Let me try again

[http://entervoid.com/index.php?action=character%3bid=2018/img]

Applicant
The RFC Squad by Frankrmb
 Sex: females
 Height: between 4'3 to 4'7
 Created: March 28, 2012   
Creativity    

Quality    

Entertainment    

Design Sheet   Win Pose   Lose Pose   Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 | Page 4

Biography
Frank, Rocky and Charlie, are potentially what you would not see as, altogether one meme, a warped idea that was created unexpectedly. Not many people know this, but when a meme is created, it becomes to the fact if it has become known enough, alive. In a different dimension out there, somewhere in our warped up universe, there is a world where memes are put in and live in peace and harmony with each other and all that cliché crap, until someday, an unexpected meme comes along and wants thing a little bit differently and manipulates other memes where it has enough power to force that whole world into living by its law. And of course, some memes, no matter how terrible the consequences, rebel against that terrible meme and in some cases, escape its wrath. That’s pretty much what these three here did, but they got a little bit taken off their course when they wanted to go to our world’s Fiji, but got to Void city. The only pro is that they realized they have a healing factor here in our world that makes them look like freaking immortals. So enough of bedtime stories.

Name: Rocky
Idealistic of meme: Inner demons
Theme Song: 100 percent by Angelspit
Powers and Skills: combat, multi-weapon use, strength, speed, healing factor, dodging, killing, manslaughtering, can think on the run, makes mean meaty dinners, and doensn’t really give a fuck of who you are and will kill you
Weaknesse: killing, bloodlust, having Romulius on her head, cusser, killing, and doesn’t really give a fuck who you are and will just kill you
Pet or item: The Doom Buggy
Personality: Everything to this lady is just killing, blood, sex, piercings, and killing. If it weren’t for her sisters being there, she really would’ve been famous for multiple events of gruesome massacres. Being the part of a meme as your inner demons, you can never cross off “pshychopath” from her personal traits. But she can be calm at times, along with her angry cussing mood around her, and can even learn to relax. If it comes to the point where she thinks you’re good as killing as she is, she’ll like you and treat you like a buddy. The main reason why she hasn’t killed off Frank and Charlie yet (and yes, she wants to BADLY) is because they’re all one idea and can cause harm to another and retract it back. For example, if she afflicts a wound on one of them, she gets the same wound in the same area. When she’s not off on her murder spree, she enjoys driving around her Buggy, napping about dreaming of slaughtering and sinning, and/or trying to create chaos. Sometimes she does this all at once. Multi-task much? Yes.

Name: Frank
Idealistic of Meme: Unexpected Balance
Theme Song: Fascination by Alphabeat
Powers and skills: Healing factor, Speed, Strength, able to keep anything in her pockets, combat, gluttonious, friendly, nice, social mannered and polite
Weakness: Gluttonious, gets carried away most of the time, selfish at times, can numb brained sometimes
Personality: Out of all the three, she is possibly the most SANE that can handle well out in society. She is the trouble maker and trouble stopper, as well as the one who stops fight imbetween her sisters, or with somebody else, as she likes things to be happy and fun. She prefers to have a fun life and to enjoy it, which is good for a usual person. Her idea of fun though, is a little bit more exaggerating, say, like skiing down a skyscraper with no ski equipment at all. She is a peace maker, but she does enjoy some rough housin’ to the extreme, which is something that she and Rocky fancy together. It come sto the point where if she feels threatened, or someone she likes is threatened, she won’t hestitate to make your day hell and blood. She enjoys food, and eats about seven meals a day, mostly at a buffet. She has a pet Lablargus (not pictured up there) named Romelius, and she loves “him” to death. She likes eating, fighting, and anything that involves fun in her perspective.

Name: Charlie
Idealistic of Meme: Blue Emotions
Theme song: Why does this always happen to me? By Weird Al
Powers and Skills: Healing factor, able to pull large objects out of her pockets, friendly, nice, emotional.
Weakness: Emotional, coward
Personality: A Sadist, emo, uncrontrollable emotional wreck, cries on a whim, a coward, and is really a scaredy cat, but sometimes, this is surprisingly her great strategy in fighting. You never really know how scared she is of you, and possibly gets to the point of fright, that she’ll throw random (yet threatening) objects at her “attacker” until he’s gone or dead. Then she goes back to herself. The youngest of all three, she is very clingy to her sisters, but really do not like the way they do things, like blowin’ up the town, or eating more than you need. But give her enough time, and she’ll warm up to you, becoming you can keep around. Beware when I say this however, for if she becomes your friend, she’ll tell you all the sad and terrible stuff that’s happening in her 24/7, because hey, everything in Charlie’s life is SAD and TERRIBLE, right to the point where you become the enemy. It’s a never ending cycle that part is.

Despite being the emotionally battered attittude, she loves wearing bright clothes, going on walks or stroll when the day isn’t ending up trying to kill, and making sure that she lives as she sits behind a table shaking as Frank and Rocky have fun beating up people.

Newest Comments -

Newest Characters -

KingAugustus ThomasTheakonRod ChirpwoodHuskMizz BonzaiSpidella WidowsMyrmidonGhoulArcher Heart MercuryDuncan Dealbhaoth

Open Challenges -

Latest Topics -

All News, All The Time 
Last updated: Staff Bot - Today at 05:49 AM
Clown Jam 
Last updated: Radji - Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 AM
INTRODUCE YOURSELF 
Last updated: Maz - Nov 06, 2023, 04:13 PM
FAQ: Questions About Void? Post Yours Here! 
Last updated: Darius Corry - Sep 09, 2023, 03:15 PM
Art Diary of an Eternal Student 
Last updated: BoogidiBzdo - Aug 22, 2023, 09:17 PM

Latest Members -

Users online -

302 Guests, 4 Users

Most Online Today: 351.
Most Online Ever: 1,184 (Jan 13, 2020, 06:21 PM)

About Us

We exist to provide an environment for artists to learn and improve their sequential art skills competitively. Our community is designed to give critical feedback and encouragement to our many members the world over, at all skill levels.

Follow Us